Why are items on the AH like 10 thousand billion gold..

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
Almost everything on the AH is overpriced. In my experience things only sell when you price them 50-60% of what comparable items are listed at.
Everything in the AH is overpriced at this point for the 'end game' players.

If you are starting out from ground 0 like I did with my barb then yes you can get some good gear for cheap to twink him up so you can self power level. The gear will be good up to inferno but the minute you hit inferno or level 60 the prices take a sudden spike. If you are a newb starting diablo today from ground 0, there's be no way for you to afford anything decent once you hit inferno.

And if you are looking to max/progression stats (dps, health etc) out for your char when you're in inferno doing PL it gets incredibly expensive for the type of equipment you want to have
02/07/2013 03:17 AMPosted by JaceAltair
i know i was over exagerating but even 1 billion gold is crazy, for my i only have 7 mil and that seems like alot, it seemed to take me long to build that up that high

this is why i wish they would lower the cap to 1,000,000 gold.. why? because its BS to have +100 million gold.

Are you two high? I haven't been farming for almost 2 weeks now just waiting for 1.0.7 to come out and I still have a lot of Gold. . . I'm even still selling some of the old items I found months ago on my mules, if you just keep farming you'll find lots and lots of items to sell.

Having 100M is BS? LOL! If I didn't spend on stuff I'd have 1Billion Gold right now+ my current assets.

You guys are just really, really bad players, good gear is very cheap in this 1.0.6 era, and you can farm Inferno MP1-5 with ease, if you played 1.0.2-1.0.3 I guess you guys would have quit already and QQ'd at the forums as you left if it was back then.

Stop complaining, there are 100M-2B Gold items on the AH because that's what the current supply and demand dictates. . . people are willing pay or have that kind of gold, stop being lazy or jealous.

You're full of crap.

I play D3 regularly and have only crossed the 100 million mark a few times.

People like you that try to make it sound like it's "easy" to obtain billions of gold are full of crappy crap crap. ;)

There are only a very small percentage of the obsessed playerbase that have that much gold - and those people fall into a few categories:

1. They cheat/exploit/bot the game.
2. They got lucky on a mega "lottery" drop.
3. They have credit cards and a desire to use them.

Aside from those options, other people like myself (who play a reasonable amount) are able to get a "moderate" amount of gold from time to time.
^^ @ Ace

Same thing I thought of... looking at the wiz character.... STR gear.. or no primary affixes.... seems gear priority is only mf/gf.

statement of you having 7m gold ... you can get a TON of gear for 7m that would at least double your DPS and survivability

dps + survivability = farming faster = more drops = more gold than what you are doing with the mf/gf increases.... just sayin.
The ones at the AH that are 1 to 2 billion are in two different groups.

1. Legit: These items are no doubt super rare to find. I will illustrate, think of a perfectly rolled trifecta glove. Add in near perfect roll on main stat and vitality with resist all in order to close out the six stats. If it is near perfect in all six affixes. That will no doubt drive the price up sky high. Because it is extremely hard to find.

2. Overpriced: Some players do not understand just how much there gear is really worth and way overprice. Just as there are some that no doubt put their gear up for around one tenth of the real price.

This. Ive seen some gear that are worth no more than 5mil but its on there for 2bil. Then the gear that i would never ever find in 1 year of farming nonstop. I understand that 2bil is high but being that RNG is RNG, there isnt gonna be too many of the same stats out there.
here is a general statement most are guilty of:

they spend what they make. Smart players save for big upgrades and not tiny upgrades.

I've seen this over and over again and I'm sure OP and most fall into this category.

Rather than save 10m for an item that would greatly benefit them they will save 3m and then spend 3m for one not so good. Then when they sell their current item they replaced it is most likely worthless. Now they are back to ground 0. by the time they save up enough they buy another small upgrade to just try and squeeze more dps or little bit of HP/AR out of it.. and so the cycle continues. Most people don't have much gold because they don't save it at all. Or they don't look at the AH enough for super deals that pop up once in awhile to benefit their character.

In all honesty .... with the low kills OP has .... having 7m gold seems pretty good (12k lifetime kills and 1200 elite kills).

Seems to me the only real gold spent for your characters has been for more MF/GF of which gimps your character out and most likely has a negative impact on gold income since you don't kill at any real decent rate.

looking at your main wiz profile sheet which shows the biggest things stacked:

+207% Gold
+127% MF

Yet your char runs a whopping 17% CC. Seems your priorities are a bit messed up with running so much MF/GF but yet your dps is 26k with 20k HP and 125 AR

guessing you gimp through Inferno with this setup or you are farming in hell mode for gold. This won't change much till you decide to put real gear on. I guarantee I could more than double your dps and survivability for 7m as I'd scrap your mf/gf off. You can get killer VW for < 1m ... Hats with socket for < 500k Bracers with CC for < 200k and so the list goes on and on. Might want to troll elsewhere because you aren't running godly gear to begin with and therefor you have no godly prices to pay for upgrades. Most of your gear can get significant upgrades for super cheap. So very confused, unless you are a troll, as to why you are complaining about godly gear out there and the prices they are.
02/07/2013 03:17 AMPosted by JaceAltair
i know i was over exagerating but even 1 billion gold is crazy, for my i only have 7 mil and that seems like alot, it seemed to take me long to build that up that high

this is why i wish they would lower the cap to 1,000,000 gold.. why? because its BS to have +100 million gold.

Are you two high? I haven't been farming for almost 2 weeks now just waiting for 1.0.7 to come out and I still have a lot of Gold. . . I'm even still selling some of the old items I found months ago on my mules, if you just keep farming you'll find lots and lots of items to sell.

Having 100M is BS? LOL! If I didn't spend on stuff I'd have 1Billion Gold right now+ my current assets.

You guys are just really, really bad players, good gear is very cheap in this 1.0.6 era, and you can farm Inferno MP1-5 with ease, if you played 1.0.2-1.0.3 I guess you guys would have quit already and QQ'd at the forums as you left if it was back then.

Stop complaining, there are 100M-2B Gold items on the AH because that's what the current supply and demand dictates. . . people are willing pay or have that kind of gold, stop being lazy or jealous.

Way to miss the point, Forrest. Are all your mom's kids retarded or are you the special one?
its redicioulous, in order for me to get some good items to play with it cost so much that it would take years to build up for one of the,..

Those items are not merely "good". If you want good items, you can get them for less than 100k gold a piece. The items selling for billions are items that are insanely rare. Yet the difference in power between an item selling for 2 billion and one selling for millions is not that great.
PLAY PoE, nothing will be like this
02/07/2013 03:10 AMPosted by DaFemaleBoss
Auction House Tycoon 3. A game of economics. Diablo 3 is only a mini-game within AH3.

The truth.
I agree on this. Wanted to buy armor for my 60 barbarian and holy hell the cheapest was about 5 million. I went all the way to the end of the auction pages... The most I made in this game was about 400k gold, mainly because once I get gold I normally go to the AH and spend it on gear for my lowers that's around 50k+. This is one thing I find irritating, indeed.
02/07/2013 02:18 AMPosted by Dranity
like seriously its redicioulous, in order for me to get some good items to play with it cost so much that it would take years to build up for one of the,..

LOL you have 1000 elite kills and super crappy gear and this is what you're worried about!?!?!

You won't need anything even close to this for a long long time my friend. There are lots of obvious cheap upgrades to your current chars that easily affordable.

Do you whine in real life that you can't buy a ferrari, especially when you have a bicycle now? Don't you think you should buy a k-car or something first before expecting to drive that ferrari?
People who complain about the AH don't understand how the AH works. I was able to outfit myself with legendary/set items for under 1 million that allowed me to play MP2. I even maxed my MF in the process. Then, when I started getting good drops, I parlayed that into a better setup that allowed me to play MP5. Now, after a socketed calamity drop, I will be upgrading again. Plus lots of decent drops (like my amulet and Skorn) allow me to go higher up in MP level.

Learn how the RNG works. Spend some time on the auction house using the search and sort features. Quit looking at BUYOUT auctions and look at NON BUYOUT items. Especially in the last 5 minutes at any time of day. Find your bargains. Upgarde your crap. Max your MF and play and find some good loot. Sell. Upgrade. WIN!!!

Complainers = ignorant losers. Educate yourself.
I got good gear and its all from farming the game and using the auction house to sell and buy myself item. Heck I even hooked up my two brothers with good !@# gear too. This game is about efficiency. I am willing to bet most whiners in the forums are not as efficient as they think they are when farming.
Just goes to show how some people will never be satisfied and will never stop whining. Pre 1.05 it took 150m to 200m gold to get to 100k dps. Now it probably costs around 5m to 10m or less. Yet the whining and crying continues.
Pre 1.05 it took 150m to 200m gold to get to 100k dps. Now it probably costs around 5m to 10m or less.

I call BS.
Like i mean Like seriously guise......really like why soOoOoO much gold