Build Guide - Mojo's Ninja **UPDATED**

Monk
ok, so this is my first build guide - bare with me!

30/8/13 - edited for more info

18/2/13 - edited for 1.0.7 by dropping FitL for Exploding Palm

19/3/13 - edited for superior button mapping of the primaries.

Title: Mojo's Ninja

skills - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aUVSgh!Xgd!aZacYc

gear - this was made possible by dropping OWE - so you need high All Resist and high armour. although, i suppose you could keep OwE and drop guardian's path, but i wouldn't recommend it.

play style - smack 'em in the face and try not to die!

enjoy!

this build has some great mobility. the bonus run and attack speed from blazing fists is so much fun. once you get the hang of using dual generators, you'll never want to go back.

the synergy of guardian's path and backlash is awesome. fire chains mobs just kill themselves, and you almost never get frozen!

for the pros out there, try swapping out serenity for dashing strike. i've done this recently and it is awesome!

ok, so it's a pretty poor guide, but i just wanted to share how much fun this is!!!

edit: i'll explain how i use the dual generators pretty effectively:

i use thunderclap as RMB, and blazing fists as the LMB.

i hold down right mouse (TC) ALL THE TIME. i use it to run/walk around.

just tap down LMB, (Blazing fists) long enough to get your stacks, then continue to TC. to refresh Blazing fists, you only need to tap down LMB for a split second. it seems to refresh instantly.

note that my finger almost never lets up from the right mouse button, even while tapping left mouse button. whichever button you hit will override anything already being held down. as soon as you let go of LMB, RMB takes over straight away again.

Exploding Palm - i tag at least 2-5 creatures in every little mob. i basically tag everything i can when i have the spirit - which is a fair bit, as it's the primary spirit dump. the mobs will explode like dominoes.

i've recently been toying with dropping STI in favour of fleet footed or sixth sense. works out ok most of the time, but a couple more deaths here and there. i think i just need to get used to DS more.

and that's about that. you get used to it pretty quick and it's really effective.

happy smashing!!!
Switch serenity to dashing strike and then were talking. I was actually playing on a build very similar last night except I was still using OWE and STI. It was mp10 capable with my 200k DW gear. Though things died slower without overawe.
it is sooooo much fun!!! dropping OWE was really scary at first. i thought i'd made a huge mistake. so glad i did it now!!!!
Do you feel like this??:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-jK6ZLuTfs
Do you feel like this??:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-jK6ZLuTfs

hahahah yes! goooo ninjas!!!!
I use this same build always except for:

Backlash = Overawe <---- alot more dps

Guardian's Path = OWE <---- no way I can get off it :/

you CAN lose OWE. i really didn't think i could do it either, but it worked out!

i know overawe gives more dps, but you'd be surprised how much damage backlash does too. plus it gives survivability and most importantly: it's sooo much fun to dodge all the time a hurt everyone around you at the same time!!
02/02/2013 04:00 PMPosted by MrMojoRisin
play style - smack 'em in the face and try not to die!

Thats my favorite playstyle!

Often groups start when I ask fellow monks if they want to punch some demons in the face :D
shameless bumping!
Must admit, this build is fantastic even when losing OWE, tweak it abit to your liking of course but keep the base mechanics. Kudos to you OP.
Backlash? Are you finally going to go with LS as your source of sustain?

Anyway, I'd ditch the BF:FitL for the long term 15% damage bonus from BoH, especially when 1.0.7 goes live. I think BF actually has a bit of anti-synergy with backlash, as blinded enemies tend to stand around and not attack you, so there's nothing to dodge.

Also, I love Backlash lately. One of few ways you can both kill enemies and heal without your hands touching the keyboard or mouse. And it's effectiveness is proportional to the square of the number of enemies attacking you (kinda). It actually gets better and better the more enemies surround you.
nah, i'm sticking with LPS, but also now have the LOH on b'thorn pants, and am on the lookout for a LOH Nat's ring.

i really want a LS EF, but that ain't happening any time soon! look at the bloody price of those buggers!

yeah, i'll probs swap out FiTL once 1.0.7 goes live. hmmm now what do i put here??? honestly, i dropped BOH ages ago, cuz i simply wasn't needing the heal. maybe i'll go for something different in that slot....

hmm you know what? you don't need to spam Backlash like you spam MOC, and my fast attack speed means i gain spirit fast. maybe a neato spirit dump?? WOL? LTK with the stun rune?? no wait, that doesn't help backlash either... hmmm what about dashing strike??

what about something that synergises with dodge?

what about just sss?

what about a mystic ally?!??!

choices, choices!!

honestly, dropping OWE was the best thing i ever did in this game! other than sticking to my LPS stacking! i love it, no matter what some of you naysayers say!
mojo: go with a third spirit generator! :P
02/03/2013 01:15 AMPosted by seansky
mojo: go with a third spirit generator! :P

whoa. mind blown.

i'll need a 3-button mouse!
gives ur left hand something to do. :)

foresight maybe. since u have combo strike it will giv more bonus than BOH
nah, i'm sticking with LPS, but also now have the LOH on b'thorn pants, and am on the lookout for a LOH Nat's ring.

i really want a LS EF, but that ain't happening any time soon! look at the bloody price of those buggers!

yeah, i'll probs swap out FiTL once 1.0.7 goes live. hmmm now what do i put here??? honestly, i dropped BOH ages ago, cuz i simply wasn't needing the heal. maybe i'll go for something different in that slot....

hmm you know what? you don't need to spam Backlash like you spam MOC, and my fast attack speed means i gain spirit fast. maybe a neato spirit dump?? WOL? LTK with the stun rune?? no wait, that doesn't help backlash either... hmmm what about dashing strike??

what about something that synergises with dodge?

what about just sss?

what about a mystic ally?!??!

choices, choices!!

honestly, dropping OWE was the best thing i ever did in this game! other than sticking to my LPS stacking! i love it, no matter what some of you naysayers say!

If you want to use Backlash, I suggest getting a Burning Axe of Sankis instead of Skysplitter. I picked one up for a Backlash build and it turned out to be 1) not a huge DPS decrease and 2) a boost to Backlash. It comes with LoH, too. : )

For extra fun, use SW: Fire Storm instead of SW: Cyclone to take further advantage of the axe's fire skill bonus. : )
hmm highest dps with a socket on AH is 963 dps. and no dex.

no, sorry. i don't think so
nah mojo wont giv up his skysplitter. too much lps on it. :)
02/03/2013 01:41 AMPosted by seansky
nah mojo wont giv up his skysplitter. too much lps on it. :)

that too!!!