Video card not supported?

Technical Support
I've been playing Diablo 3 pretty much since it was released and have spent endless hours playing. However I updated with this new patch and when I tried to play the game Diablo tells me "We have detected that your video card is not supported by Diablo 3". I have not changed anything on my computer, its the same as it has since I started playing. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone have suggestions on what to do?
Weird. In the last weeks, I noticed my video card was running hot playing D3. (High load, loud fan).

Patch hit, and Catalyst had an update. Now D3 runs silent again on maxed settings. Also, feels to me like a slight update to graphics in game.

My card is a 6850

So something was definitely up with video card support.
Press escape to skip the popup. If that doesn't help, make a shortcut to "Diablo III.exe" and add "-launch" parameter and launch the game using it. If that doesn't help, go to "My Documents\Diablo III", edit D3Prefs.txt and change these settings:

DisableTrilinearFiltering "0" to DisableTrilinearFiltering "1"
HardwareClass "0" to HardwareClass "1"
Thank you Leon, that worked.
Ya my video card is a 9800 gtx+, and it was a surreal moment when this happened, Video card not supported? Did someone sprinkle magic fairy dust on my video card for it to run Diablo for 8 months.
I have noticed some major lags in certain areas of Act3 as well. I never had that before until the recent week.
02/07/2013 07:05 AMPosted by ricerocket
I have noticed some major lags in certain areas of Act3 as well. I never had that before until the recent week.

Same here and then I received the "Video card not supported" when I tried to launch a little while ago after a brief update. Escaping at the pop-up worked for me.
will this work if I got the message on any video card? I loaded the game on my older computer I use to play games on it.
i got the same problem
while my card whould be sufficient
NVIDIA geoforce GTX 560 Ti
Please review the sticky post above for this issue.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7810092923
I was SO pissed off when I saw that pop-up! Seriously?! I've been playing Diablo III since the day after the release date with a NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 (on minimum settings) and the game has run great the whole time. Anyways, I can get in the game now at least. Good thing it was an easy fix. Thanks for the tips Leon. ESC ftw!
02/07/2013 01:12 PMPosted by Omrakos

ok what about us that have an all-in-one computer you cant upgrade the drivers because they are custom drivers made by HP not NVIDIA. so in order to play we have to use Leon's workaround to play or buy a new computer. all-in-one computers there is no tower and the motherboard is custom made "laptop" type motherboard so no plug-ins or upgrades can be made except ram and hard drive
02/25/2014 04:39 PMPosted by Kahara
02/07/2013 01:12 PMPosted by Omrakos

ok what about us that have an all-in-one computer you cant upgrade the drivers because they are custom drivers made by HP not NVIDIA. so in order to play we have to use Leon's workaround to play or buy a new computer. all-in-one computers there is no tower and the motherboard is custom made "laptop" type motherboard so no plug-ins or upgrades can be made except ram and hard drive

you should start with posting your DXDiag. make sure to select all the text and press "pre" to put code tags around it.