Using Loot Alert Bannable?

General Discussion
as title says... if i start using loot alert could i get banned?
yes
really? damn that sucks... what about all the streamers that use it. they are just taking the risk?
Interesting question as addons for WoW read memory, and are indeed 3rd party programs but heavly endorsed..

DMB and Atlas Loot to name a few.
Does nobody use the search function in the forums? Even a google search would have turned up your answer.
Does nobody use the search function in the forums? Even a google search would have turned up your answer.

Getting frustrated with people repeatedly asking questions is just as pointless as the people who ask questions who are already answered. The forum is full of people asking the same question or making the same comment.
soooooooo... if u dont have an answer whats the point in getting emotional and cring in ur post? if u had a brain i would think a simple solution would be to press the back button.. idk thats just me using common sense.
02/08/2013 03:08 AMPosted by Nived
soooooooo... if u dont have an answer whats the point in getting emotional and cring in ur post? if u had a brain i would think a simple solution would be to press the back button.. idk thats just me using common sense.

Common sense is looking for an answer yourself first, rather than being lazy and depending on others to do stuff for you.
Google is there for you, use it.
02/08/2013 02:37 AMPosted by Nived
really? damn that sucks... what about all the streamers that use it. they are just taking the risk?

yeap they are taking a risk so if you want a straight answer, you use it you are at risk of a ban

good day
Common sense is looking for an answer yourself first, rather than being lazy and depending on others to do stuff for you.

i salute u for ur tireless efforts on the Forum Police Task Force. defending the forums one post at a time.

i salute u for ur tireless efforts on the Forum Police Task Force. defending the forums one post at a time.

The FPTF would like to extend its gratitude for your acknowledgment on this matter.
@DeadRu

are u another emotional kid who gets all worked up over forum threads? consider joining the FPTF (Forum Police Task Force). i knw Lieutenant Raging Koala, ill be sure to put in a good word for you. until then stop crying.
This is just an observation but my first thoguht when I see the FPTF replying to posts it has little to do with cleaning the forums up imo but rather trying to discourage people from bringing attention to actions going on in the game that are indeed bannable because they themselves are using said programs and don't want the attention....Just my 2 cents.
"Using Loot Alert Bannable? "

I haven't heard of anyone banned for using it... so I'm saying No, until proven otherwise.
"Using Loot Alert Bannable? "

I haven't heard of anyone banned for using it... so I'm saying No, until proven otherwise.
False. It's a 3rd party program, and Blizzard can and will ban you for any reason they deem (or no reason at all).

Technically, Blizzard could ban you for eating cotton candy if they felt so inclined.

The game is theirs. Your character is theirs. Your items are theirs. They own it all, you just play in it.

Here's a good analogy:
Players are 2 year-olds in a sandbox playing in a lot.
The owner of the lot bulldozes it and builds a strip mall.
2 year-olds scream and cry, but too bad, they don't own it.
@DeadRu

are u another emotional kid who gets all worked up over forum threads? consider joining the FPTF (Forum Police Task Force). i knw Lieutenant Raging Koala, ill be sure to put in a good word for you. until then stop crying.

Unfortunately the FPTF is not accepting new recruits at this time, though I can forward the applications to my CIC for future reference.

@OP why risk it?
Yes because of the way it accesses game memory.
Those streamers running it are taking the risk, don't be like them.