Dueling Re-Named to Brawling

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 2 3 20 Next
Pointless change. There are a lot of more important stuff to deal with.
02/08/2013 12:20 PMPosted by Greenhell
Amazing how little gets accomplished sometimes. I suppose changing a word is a big accomplishment for some ppl.

they probably spent a week in the board room thinking of what they should call it. get it together blizzard.
You can rebrand it in your office however you want. Call it banana-ing for all I care. Outside your office it will still be dueling or more commonly just called PvP. I'm not gonna ask someone to brawl. It sounds fruity.

But, come on, this is just a way to side step complaints about balancing, objectives and scores. Cause "banana-ing" doesn't have that stuff.

So if this is NOT dueling when do you think the real dueling will be patched in.
Oh my god, I was starving 7 days for some update on 1.0.7, and it finally came.

Seriously, what is this? I can understand when you tell us something important, and just as a side note say you changed the name of your pvp mode in 1.0.7. But my god, why you make such a long, fully dedicated post about it, like anyone care how you want to call it.

I really like this game, even after 1300 hours played, but seriously, when you delay the patch for so long and come up with something like this... It's really disrespectful.
And yet another complete useless random blue post.
Random Monk Coolcoollo here, not so randomly however.

On calling the variant of game play that allows us to attempt to utterly decimate each other:

I prefer Brawling to Dueling.

Dueling has the strict implications that it is structured, has a form of balance, has its own rewards, and a myriad of other things that the PTR PvP system lacks currently.

Brawling on the other hand reminds me of a street fight. It isn't fair (from a balance perspective), its gritty, it can be underhanded, it could be honorable, it could be fun (and at times soul crushing).

This also reminds me of Fight Club. I assure you that Korra will enjoy the chance to enter a brawl and destroy something beautiful with her spiritual harmony. And fists. Well, mostly fists. Maybe some feet for good measure.
Big woop, no one cares, duelling to brawler really needed a post this long.

Blizzard your pathetic.
You are so out of touch with your players, you make me sick.
im never buying another blizzard game
Rabble
why don't you guys actually post on topics that are important? like our suggestions that will fix itemization.

do you guys even play this game?

"hey lets make a diablo sequal."
"great that sounds fun. we should totally put alot of time and effort on normal, nightmare, and hell mode progression"
"what about inferno, you know, the endgame? the reason people played d2 for 10 years?"
"uhh the what? screw it people will buy this game"

thats probably what your conversations in the office are like

I'm not sure if you saw the youtube video's on how Blizzard thought people would only play through once or twice and they didn't expect many would reach Inferno.
Hence why we got all those low level legendary items and basically the mess that is D3
... this is just saddening. Other adjectives that can be used is sickening, infuriating, confused, dejected, demoralized, and perhaps even disgusted by some fans.

You're removing even terminology that made D2 one of the best games of all time. Why change something so petty and not fix itemization in this game? It seems priorities have shifted and Blizzard is so out of touch with the fan base that it's near impossible to recover.

Listen to the fans; not what YOU think is best. There's so many posts in the General Discussion on how to make this game fun again. It should be about us, not what Blizzard thinks is fun. Because frankly, not much of D3 is fun these days and most people still play for the nostalgia of D2 and endless amounts of hope that D3 will become great. That flicker of hope is sadly fading.
so, instead of actually addressing the detailed PvP feedback directly, Blizz decides to "think outside of the box" and rename the 1.07 PvP system so that they do not have to directly address the aforementioned feedback. Whatever your IT program management philosophy is (Agile, Waterfall, etc), I highly suggest you make some changes. Just putting a check mark next to something does not mean it is successfully accomplished.
... this is just saddening. Other adjectives that can be used is sickening, infuriating, confused, dejected, demoralized, and perhaps even disgusted by some fans.

You're removing even terminology that made D2 one of the best games of all time. Why change something so petty and not fix itemization in this game? It seems priorities have shifted and Blizzard is so out of touch with the fan base that it's near impossible to recover.

Listen to the fans; not what YOU think is best. There's so many posts in the General Discussion on how to make this game fun again. It should be about us, not what Blizzard thinks is fun. Because frankly, not much of D3 is fun these days and most people still play for the nostalgia of D2 and endless amounts of hope that D3 will become great. That flicker of hope is sadly fading.

this !@#$ing over and over again.