Giving shout out to Masterjay/Aimless Thanks!

Wizard
Just wanted to say thanks.

To Aimless,

Thanks for showing everyone in the forums how to gear up without the need for crystal shell and energy armor. Back in the day I even ran around with a shield! Now my all resist is in the mid 800's and my armor is sitting at 5400! When I first started playing CM I had no idea how important AR and armor was to the build. I even look for strength in my gear now. Got my new chest piece for only 5.5 million. Bought it because of the +armor AND the +str.

To Masterjay,

I went ahead and bought my Mara's amulet because of you. I have always thought it was a stupid choice due to such low dps it gives. But after the past several months of reading your comments here and there about the absolute power of SNS based off of crazy CC I gave in. Last night when I found my Mara's for only 130 million I jumped all over it. With MW/electrify and deep freeze I am just tearing up everything on MP10. I'm surprised there aren't more people wearing Mara's.

Anyway....

If anyone wants to jump in with gratitude towards these two people or anyone else go ahead and join in.

P.S. Just got over 216 kill record. MP10 so kind of easy to do that (pic taken). Too bad I died with another huge mob around me. :( lol
I'm sorry but they are terrible human beings

this is a PSA brought to you by SteelPhantom's hands :)
Why mw electrify and not time warp with the 20% dmg rune? Does it do more damage than meets the eye or something?
02/08/2013 12:12 PMPosted by Yandastan
Why mw electrify and not time warp with the 20% dmg rune? Does it do more damage than meets the eye or something?

Copied and paste. Not my work.

Electrify: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199030105 (Shandler's info)

"Attacks have a chance to deal 10% damage to 3 nearby enemies.What this means in certain situations...

Single Targets = NOTHING, you get the 10% to paper dps, that is all. Electrify bolts cannot hit the target it is proc'n off of.

Two Targets... 10 Twisters at a time at 2.73 breakpoint = 120 hits per second total. On hit proc so 120 * 0.125 = 15 procs a second. Each bolt only has one available target so 15 bolts occur. +150% weapon damage.

Three Targets... 10 Twisters at a time at 2.73 = 180 hits per second total. On hit proc, so 180 * 0.125 = 22 procs a second. Each bolt has two targets available for 22 * 2 * 10 = 440% weapon damage per second extra.

Four Targets (oh boy)... 10 Twisters at a time at 2.73 = 240 hits per second total. On hit proc, so 240 * 0.125 = 30 procs a second. Each bolt has all three targets available for 30 * 3 * 10 = 900% damage per second extra."
Shout out to Emporer for turning me on to -Meteor Gear and shout out to Shaggy for converting me from Wand to Dagger and for convincing me Prodigy isn't for n00bs
Should out for Shandalar for answering my nooby questions when i just started CM! and for forum being a generally helpful source of information
To Masterjay,

I went ahead and bought my Mara's amulet because of you. I have always thought it was a stupid choice due to such low dps it gives. But after the past several months of reading your comments here and there about the absolute power of SNS based off of crazy CC I gave in. Last night when I found my Mara's for only 130 million I jumped all over it. With MW/electrify and deep freeze I am just tearing up everything on MP10. I'm surprised there aren't more people wearing Mara's.

Hey np at all and thanks for reading them like you said I been pushing ET CC since 1.05 PTR glad more are catching on and wow that is a sexy Mara's! They are extremely rare and like you stated lower sheet dps in most cases but yes that ET CC with the power of Shandlar's Electrify discovery makes it truly worth it. Wasn't worth it so much before Electrify but I was pushing it anyway lol.

Don't know where Aim's been lately but since I was doing the same as him back in the day pushing the SNS talk (actually showed him the build first and talked about SNS before he even made the name) I'll take his credit too! XD

I kid, he helped more peeps than I could (I was too busy trolling in General lol) and deserves full credit for that, we helped each other a lot - he's a great guy wish he'd log in more..maybe now that patch is here we'll get together like the ol' days..

Till then we'll be the lone ET double CC Mara's users on the forums!