331k dps Glasscanon

Demon Hunter
02/08/2013 01:52 PMPosted by FLIGHT
Not interested to sit there and eat my cookies.

Waiting for Blizzard to make content challenging enough that I can't eat my cookies and watch anime at the same time while still playing D3.

I really like challenging content, but it kinda sucks when we have to self-gimp our characters to make it challenging.
02/08/2013 11:59 PMPosted by TianZi
Not interested to sit there and eat my cookies.

Waiting for Blizzard to make content challenging enough that I can't eat my cookies and watch anime at the same time while still playing D3.

I really like challenging content, but it kinda sucks when we have to self-gimp our characters to make it challenging.

LOL, truth.
If your doing this kind of build i dont see why you wouldn't want to bring in more eph, cuz really all your doing is face tanking and then kite a little to get out of elite's affixes.

In my eyes i Dont see all 331dps being used every second cuz i take down Elites on mp8 just as fast as you do and im at 240k dps, if anything your like a couple seconds faster cuz i will give you the benefit of having almost 100k dps on me. Put a video with reflect and health link cuz those are still extremely dangerous for me if im not paying attention. I cant imagine how you would pair up against them. Have you faced one yet in your new build??

This this is still a great achievement!! But i wouldn't do it since you entered into this kind of build.

If you want my advice on glasscannon, ditch the unity and your current embrace w/ grenades. Buy an embrace with spike trap %12+ and an SOJ with 6% elem., high spike trap 10%+, and 28%+ vs elites. You crit number should be way high vs elites. i could see you hitting 800-900+ crit on spike traps, and if you changed to an innas belt 8% im sure you could. Post that video up! Sheet DPS is all a LIE if you add up % damage, once you put on an SOJ.

http://d3up.com/b/316963#gear my SOJ and embrace 23% spike trap build
http://d3up.com/b/317232#gear current build.

Honestly both builds seem to be the same as far as efficiency to kill. The only way to differentiate the build would be to solo ubers which i havent even tried yet.

SOJ build less tanky & vs whites seems to take a bit longer to kill, i see higher CD 400-700ish and at time i think i saw 800, downside i have to use caltraps bait the trap from the loss of cc, w/o it i dont proc discipline as fast. and at times i run out of discipline. mempo cc would fix that though.

Current build I'm tankier, high EHP when buffed(using skills) 692k vs soj 662k. but my CD on traps are like 300-500ish, but my bolas seem to hit higher and i get free dps on Shuriken cloud which also procs discipline. So It seems to all even out with all the pros and cons, but i prefer my current build as far as playstyle.
Hi Jane, I post again.

I'm now nearly at 340k dps with WindForce.

Are you sure you don't want to come back?
Also I would like to see you facing some of the harder hitting elites. Those big crab looking elites that cover up like a turtle to take less damage, find them on the bridge sometimes and always have the fast affix also find them in the keep. Act 1 trees on highlands when they come out of no where when your facing elites and decide to lay down those poison plants

Hulking phasebeast wiith fast and avenger, those big bulls that charge at you in act 1 or act 3 in icefall caves. And what about in act 2 oasis those spinning elites like the keywarden or even facing the keywarden on act 2 without changing that build, shooting him off screen doesnt count lol. And what i said before reflect and health link on any elites.

Better yet face 2 elites at the same time. Those are always fun in group play if not solo too

1,07 patch you'll prolly never see reflect and health link to actually cause you problems. Honestly I think all elites should have reflect and health link to pop on during fights, or just something to annoy us ina fight. That would be fun lol

Just curious how you would size up. Some of those elite in the video were the easy ones. The ones i mentioned were some of the ones that give me a challenge and makes it fun for me.
I really liked your old WF vid, I tried it but one thing is how do you fare vs demonic tremors packs? WIth the demonic tremors I had to swap on some ehp gear and just try to tank them, is kinda impossible to kite them and knockback doesn't work.

Although with your old wf glass cannon build I found that ball lightning does pathetic damage compared to things like impale/cluster/spike so I used one of those instead...

Another thing thing that I can see giving you trouble without your knockback from wf, is phasing hulkbeasts, the kb from wf was invaluable vs them in glass cannon mode, how do you deal with them with your calamity?
GLASSCANNON INDEED....
you need more health and AR. then you could stand there and not have to move around.
Hi Jane, I post again.

I'm now nearly at 340k dps with WindForce.

Are you sure you don't want to come back?

Lol nahh i love calamity :) but great job!
Also I would like to see you facing some of the harder hitting elites. Those big crab looking elites that cover up like a turtle to take less damage, find them on the bridge sometimes and always have the fast affix also find them in the keep. Act 1 trees on highlands when they come out of no where when your facing elites and decide to lay down those poison plants

Hulking phasebeast wiith fast and avenger, those big bulls that charge at you in act 1 or act 3 in icefall caves. And what about in act 2 oasis those spinning elites like the keywarden or even facing the keywarden on act 2 without changing that build, shooting him off screen doesnt count lol. And what i said before reflect and health link on any elites.

Better yet face 2 elites at the same time. Those are always fun in group play if not solo too

1,07 patch you'll prolly never see reflect and health link to actually cause you problems. Honestly I think all elites should have reflect and health link to pop on during fights, or just something to annoy us ina fight. That would be fun lol

Just curious how you would size up. Some of those elite in the video were the easy ones. The ones i mentioned were some of the ones that give me a challenge and makes it fun for me.

I think OP won't reply to anything other than epeen boost lol.
Lol maybe. But seriously I just don't see this build possible vs certain elites. I understand you want a challenge and I'm waiting for content to do so, but I don't think people should go to this kinda of build until this Is proven good vs all elites and all situations.

Cyon, maybe he's making a video as we speak cuz I'm still waiting for a reply.
Lol maybe. But seriously I just don't see this build possible vs certain elites. I understand you want a challenge and I'm waiting for content to do so, but I don't think people should go to this kinda of build until this Is proven good vs all elites and all situations.

I've always liked a mobile kiting dh style type of play, but in the name of efficiency the op just has too little ehp to weather certain sticky etlies at high mp.

For example, farming at act 2 Vault of Assassin and key warden, it's just asking to be 1 shotted.
KW is hard to tank sometimes ill die depending if I stun enough or hit SS when I see him throw bolas back at me.

I was more impressed with the windforce build/video. Why couldn't you just add spike traps in the windforce build? I don't believe I saw you using them.
KW is hard to tank sometimes ill die depending if I stun enough or hit SS when I see him throw bolas back at me.

I was more impressed with the windforce build/video. Why couldn't you just add spike traps in the windforce build? I don't believe I saw you using them.

I've found spike traps to really only be effective when you're laying them at your feet so mobs will stand in them instead of walking over them and only getting hit once. Windforce knocks mobs back off spike traps... synergy between WF and spike traps just seems really bad to me. If you're doing a spike traps build I think you're much better off with Calamity, and I've also found Thunderball to be awesome for pinning ranged mobs on spike traps.
I'm still looking for the best Windforce build. I think I had my Calamity build perfected, shuriken cloud, spike traps, sentry, worked really well. Windforce is awesome with shock collar for the high proc chance, but I'm not sure if the damage loss is worth it compared to HA with cinder or spray. I'm not sure if cluster arrow or ball lightning is more effective, but I'm leaning towards ball lightning.
Well A2 KW you can just kill off screen, I don't see why you need to try to be a hero and tank that bastard that does ungodly damage :x
Hmm I forgot spike trap can set off KB, been a long time since ive used a WF. I can see why those two wont really mix. I think what I meant was flights last video he didn't have high single damage skills, all he was using was HA SOT and EA BL.

@ yandanstan
Shooting him off screen is a boring way to play the game, game is easy enough, at least use ball lightning in the fight as that takes him down pretty fast. I hope they patch that honestly where he will chase you after the initial attack.

I'm not trying to be hero, I have semi high end gear, which I worked hard to get. I'm using the gear how it suppose to be used and that's to tank. Kinda dumb on my part if I worked hard for all my gear to do a specific task and end up killing the A2 KW off screen. It not impossible to tank w/o dying just challenging.

On that note flight is doing the same thing like me. I'm just questioning if that build is viable vs certain elites/affixes.
@Merlin

Well i'm using windforce and spike trap in my build. It works at least for me because i don't kill mobs and trying to find the elite as fast as possible. When i encouter the elite pack it always round 20+ mobs around that pack and the knock back comes as an defensive element in my tanky situaton.

So yeah it's work over mp8, with a hybrid tank build.

I think OP won't reply to anything other than epeen boost lol.

I keep that in mind next video is going to be a compilation of nice challenging packs!

Dont worry ill prove u ure wrong, i had a surgery andwasnt able to play this weekend so ill work on the video this week