Looking for Wii Games to Play with My Son

Games & Technology
My brother-in-law gave me his old Wii system a couple months back, and since then My five-year-old son has been enjoying playing the Wii Sports Resort game, which is our only one atm. It's fun to play the Wii with him, but I want a game that's has a little more depth to it.

So, what games would you recommend that I look into? Are there any decent, cooperative RPG/ARPGs for the Wii out there that I could play with my son?

As far as ratings go, I don't mind a T rating for him, just as long as the player is killing monsters and not humans (e.g., I don't mind letting my son watch me play Diablo III, because the hero is mostly just killing monsters).

Note: We do have two Wii remotes w/built in motion plus and nun chuck accessory.
http://www.co-optimus.com/system/3/wii.html

Just a quick google search turned that up. Don't know how complete the list is, but it has a decent selection and tells you if it has campaign co-op as well as if it's local co-op or online co-op. I'm not much of a Wii player so I only have one game that I can recommend.

Monster Hunter Tri is an excellent, if grindy, game. It could very well be too hard for a young kid to play though. If not for him, then get it for yourself. Might need to pick up the classic controller though. I found it more fun that way. Also, co-op is split screen so if you don't like that (I don't), it could be a deal-breaker.

Basically, you go on monster hunts, collect monster parts to craft better gear/weapons (each weapon has a different playstyle) and hunt harder monsters. There's little guys that aren't much challenge and then big/huge monsters that can be pretty tough.

One of the best and most addictive games on the Wii imo.

Decent review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX1Zo4_yn2E
Thanks for the info. :)
Don't forget Xenoblade Chronicles and the Last story. Top Rpgs along with Monster Hunter Tri.

And of course Zelda Skyward Sword.(the new controller needed though)

For your 5 year old, Wii has plenty of mario games, I think he can start from there.
Zelda skyward sword is awesome and has some ok rpg elements for a zelda game.

Mario galaxy 1 and 2 are good times also.
My brother-in-law gave me his old Wii system a couple months back, and since then My five-year-old son has been enjoying playing the Wii Sports Resort game, which is our only one atm. It's fun to play the Wii with him, but I want a game that's has a little more depth to it.

So, what games would you recommend that I look into? Are there any decent, cooperative RPG/ARPGs for the Wii out there that I could play with my son?

As far as ratings go, I don't mind a T rating for him, just as long as the player is killing monsters and not humans (e.g., I don't mind letting my son watch me play Diablo III, because the hero is mostly just killing monsters).

Note: We do have two Wii remotes w/built in motion plus and nun chuck accessory.

There's monster Hunter Tri Ultimate coming out soon
Monster Hunter ultimate is for the WII U console.

MH3 for Wii is an awesome game (one of the best series I've played ever) - but it's not really for multiplaying, unless over internet, which is great.. Also - it can get kinda tricky past the starting levels, hard for a kid.

I regularly do the first 2 arenas with my 6 year old girl - the Jaggi and the Peco. The others are kinda hard for her.

Xenoblade is probably the best JRPG I've played in recent time, all consoles combined and Last Story is pretty too (while short) - but they are not suited for multiplay and kinda complex for kids. Also - Xenoblade is a little on the bloody side for a 5 years old.

So - I strongly recommend playing all of these, for you in single player. They are incredible games. They are not suited though to play with your kid.

There are no classic, ARPG games for the WII that I can remember. Lots of JRPGs but hardly multiplayer.

What I played with my 2 girls:
- Legend of Zelda (twilight and Skyward) - the kid is a consultant by your side and gives ideas, also can do specific parts (like flying, playing an instrument etc). The story will grab him most likely.

- Super Mario Galaxy 2 - the kid can do the "star" part - so that he will help you (and save your life at times) while you still play the hard parts of he game. They loved it. It's also designed for short periods of play.

- Okami is also a great gaming experience that kids can get into.

- other games like Pokemon Colosseum, Scoobydoo, Mickey universe and the rest. Might not fit your playing interests though :)

Good luck - and I read a scientific study that says that playing video games is only bad for kids when they do it alone. It's great when they do it with their fathers. I can link if you want :)
I tried a game called Skylanders with my niece. She's 6. Honestly think I liked it more than she did LOL. It's a bit deeper (and more fun) than D3. ;0)

Also, Legend of Zelda, Twilight Princess is just a good game for the Wii, period. Might be a bit beyond what a 5 year old would enjoy, but get it anyway!