"Ask the Devs" Round 1: Patch 1.0.7 - Answers

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 2 3 4 43 Next
I know this Q/A was focused specifically on 1.07, but I just gotta say, it's all pretty meaningless and unimportant info.

Until the developers acknowledge the real, core, fundamental problems with the game (itemization, no character customization, no random'ness or open'ness in the world, etc.) then this is just wasted effort.

Rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic or acknowledge and address the real issues.

I also felt like (from reading these answers) that any sort of meaningful change is too *scary* to do because of the repercussions... like the game and AH has become a monster that can't be stopped lol.
I appreciate all of the answers. I do however have one thing to say; weren't there over 20+ pages of "liked" questions? You guys answered 21 questions, with the first 4 or 5 being exactly the same. So basically, 15 different questions; are there going to be more answered?

In case my question/message is lost, what I am asking is this: Are you guys adding in more answers later today, or are the above answers it?
So, what I gathered from most of that is "the game was screwed up from launch, and it is extremely difficult to fix it without completely changing the experience"

Well, I am sorry to say, but at some point, the game is going to have to go through some MAJOR mechanics changes if it is ever going to get to where it should be. Stop beating around the bush, and just do it already.

Crafting is a perfect example. It is completely broken and useless. Just suck it up, and completely throw out the current crafting system and start from scratch, making it what it should have been from the beginning. You cant get a stable mechanic from one that has a broken foundation, no matter how many small patches you throw at it. You need to build it new from the ground up.
02/11/2013 10:35 AMPosted by Momentum
Obviously our constructive feedback is cherry picked so they can address the issues that they want to. This is garbage.

They did pick some good questions, just answered with what we didn't want to hear lol.

Also, good to hear some news about the social/game-name features.
so they stand on their position regarding pvp... Such a shame.
I'm glad that you acknowledge a couple core design flaws (thorns, retribution aura, wizard channeled spells), but I know that realistically these things will be fixed next expansion.

Also really good to hear some straight talk about the AH problem. I hope you keep encouraging more farming less Ah-flipping. The crafted 1.0.7 items sound like a good start, I got materials stocked up ready to test em out.
02/11/2013 10:08 AMPosted by Zaqwert
Until the developers acknowledge the real, core, fundamental problems with the game (itemization, no character customization, no random'ness or open'ness in the world, etc.) then this is just wasted effort.

This. And...

02/11/2013 10:17 AMPosted by xJNx
where was monster density? where was identify all? where was itemization changes?

this.

So many questions unanswered.

I understand not wanting to talk about unrelated things or get into arguments about what is better but...big let down. Expected a lot more information and less giberish. 3/10
I want to like this game, thats why I checked this post. Absolutely unsatisfactory.
I know this Q/A was focused specifically on 1.07, but I just gotta say, it's all pretty meaningless and unimportant info.

Rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic or acknowledge and address the real issues.

YES!!

really makes me sad, bro. whats the point in QnA if some of the important question like the guy I quoted won't get an answer?