Hybrid Fire Thorns Fetish Build

Witch Doctor
I'll check that later to see what sort of damage ranges I see with hungry bats. It should be higher than WoS.
Mine was a quick test last night. Was trying using queen spider to keep it constantly procing vision quest and tested with plague bats and hungy bats. Plague doesn't feel like enough range so used hungry and was sort of surprised what was up with the damage.

The other is the controls. If I used medusa / widow / blazing spiders I and hold right click and left tap well of souls and I get them firing at relatively the same time to combine damage. Using hungry bats I can't do that. Have to take the finger off the button so I could use it. Queen spider helps that but then damage was reduced as a total.

After playing a bit returned to the Wos / spider setup and bears.
edit: See next post for explanation, Fire bats attack twice as fast as WoS because it is a channeling attack.

Against Ghom MP5. Repeated five times with hungry bats and three times with SB.

Firebats hungry bats:
550k max crit damage.

Spirit Barrage Phlebotomize (hard to see with WoS):
880k max crit.

Either:
Ghom is relatively resistant to fire or firebats hungry bats is buggy.

Character:
http://d3up.com/b/70667

Spirit barrage increased by 25%

Crit max range: 227059.77
SoJ: +29% damage vs elites

Spirit Barrage: 227059.77 * 1.29 * (2.3 + 0.25) = 746,913 max crit damage
Fire bats: 227059.77 * 1.29 * 3.5 = 1,025,174 max crit damage
That's double the highest number I saw!

But I definitely saw 850+k several times for SB, which is higher than d3up allows as well.

Have to try vs other types of enemies now.

ADVANCED TOOL TIP >:(

edit:
For me, I think the max damage for each skill should be:
(Max Weapon + Max Mojo) * (1+Adds % Damage) * Int Bonus * SoJ Bonus vs Elites * (1+crit damage modifier) * skill damage = max crit damage

Depending on how "adds %Poison Damage" is used, I just put both formulas, and as can be seen, it doesn't make a difference.

Firebats hungry bats:
(1340+400)*(1+.05+.08+.05)*25.9*1.29 * (1+3.29) * 3.5 = 1030020.9699780002
(1340+400)*1.05*1.08*1.05*25.9 *1.29* (1+3.29) * 3.5 = 1039360.9906379702

Spirit Barrage Phlebotomize: (With 25% more SB damage)
(1340+400)*(1+.05+.08+.05)*25.9 * 1.29 * (1+3.29) * (2.3+0.25) = 750443.8495554001
(1340+400)*1.05*1.08*1.05*25.9 * 1.29 * (1+3.29) * (2.3+0.25) = 757248.721750521

Yet I saw SB doing 880k and Firebats hungry bats only doing 550k.

My numbers are slightly different from d3up, so I dunno what it's using. (I even used the exact damage numbers for my weapon and mojo shown, e.g. 1339.51 versus rounding up to 1340, not enough difference from my numbers to warrant the change)
It's because hungry bats (and bats in general) is a channeling attack, they tick twice as fast as regular attacks so the damage is split between two bats and so you see crits that are half the expected damage. This is also why bats produce more fetish than other wd attacks.
Thank you,
I knew that about cloud of bats but it wasn't obvious with hungry bats.
Wachati beat me too it.

Was going to let you know that now your testing it. It's one of the main reasons I team Bats up with Fetish Sycophants.

And people dont like Channeling spells for the most part. And sadly in my opion I think Bats is WD's only channel spell.

It's sad becouse out of all the classes were best prepared to pull channeling spells off. With Dog's/Gar/Fetish it buys me time to realy just mana dumb like no tomorrow. I always feel mana starved even when I'm geting out of the way. But that could be becouse I tested this build side by side with a Thorns/Spirit build and RoE realy makes mana recovery supper fast and easy. Pluse I'm still trying to get my 4pc.

I just cant do that with channeling spells on my Wizard out side of group play. And wizards have more then a few channels.
Hay guys,

I need some help here.

I been playing my build here with firepit&ghost bomb for a good long spell.

I just got my 4pc set bounces and my new weapon is a lucky freaking drop.

So I been moving up mp levels with my build.

I got alittle bug up my but to use flashfire today becouse I remeaber it being realy cool looking when you get alot of them bouncing around a large number of mobs.

This is my first time using Flashfire with Fetish Sycophants.

I dont know if I just hit the RNG gods up today or if this is normal with flashfire. But after hit up the big mobs with nothing but Flashfire I had 10-15+ Fetish running around that don't happen with firepit/ghost bomb.

So I'm wondering if each time flashfire bounces to the next target if the game recast it to do the 15% less dmg if it's some how also triggering Fetish Sycophants. That would be like 5-6 triggers a shot so long as there is another target for it to recast/bounce too.

I'm not realy good at getting sold prof so I was wondering if you guys know about this already or if you guys know how to check it out.

Any feed back on this would be cool. Thx u :)
Umbra, I'll do some testing later on but I don't think Flashfire generates any more fetishes than other attacks. Probably, what you see is a result of going to higher MP levels, you just spend more time attacking.

If you start going to even higher MP levels they will start to die and you'll get less..
Umbra, I'll do some testing later on but I don't think Flashfire generates any more fetishes than other attacks. Probably, what you see is a result of going to higher MP levels, you just spend more time attacking.

If you start going to even higher MP levels they will start to die and you'll get less..

You know what you may be right Wachati.

I got my 4pc mana bounces at the same time I started going higher mp levels. I am probly attacking longer but dont notice it becouse I normaly stop when I go omm for a few secs. And now my down time from going omm is alot smaller too.