Competitive PvP Ruleset Discussion

Brawling
yeah, actually healing inbetween rounds is probably a bad idea

by "low-tier" I don't mean blue gear, just something like 5m budget gear

well, if they don't give out gear, they need to be very specific in their "gear-tier" tournaments, e.g. limiting DPS, eHP, life regen, and probably a lot of other things

^ but this is a problem. some matchups are just plain imbalanced where you can't have 2 classes have the same gear restrictions, so it would also be gear restrictions for each class if you don't hand out gear
Add timers before the duel.

Reset option for hp/mana after someone died so we dont have to go back town.

Personal score of death and kills

Expectator mode

And of course EARS!! or even other limbs that we can pick up and sell for decent gold (like 50k ish)
Add timers before the duel.

Reset option for hp/mana after someone died so we dont have to go back town.

Personal score of death and kills

Expectator mode

And of course EARS!! or even other limbs that we can pick up and sell for decent gold (like 50k ish)

I think they were requesting things that can be done with the system we have, not asking what we'd like blizzard to add (because they aren't going to most of the things you are requesting here).
Healing should be allowed to be exactly as its set up so far. It's got the same timer as regular game so use it wisely as you will probably only get one chance during the brawl. Lots of skill and decision is needed on when to use your one potion and not waste it and if you're able to kite people to get a 2nd potion use in - good! Takes skill.

Also having it to a kill count is necessary for people using huge cooldown skills. There needs to be a timer for when you have to respawn so people don't sit dead or are in town waiting for their wrath of the beserkers to finish cooling down.

I agree artificial healing between kills would drag things out too long. Good point about a respawn timer, if you die, waiting out the timer benefits your opponent as much as you though. Although I can see a barb waiting out wotb or wiz waiting out archon every time he dies, which would be a bit of a buzzkill.

Let's see DH prep is 45 secs, cant see a DH not waiting that out if given the chance. Monk 7SS is 30 secs, every monk is going to wait that. WD garg is 60 secs dogs are 45, any WD using them is going to wait them if allowed.

How long a timer would you suggest? 30 secs? 15 secs? Many of those cds can be reduced by gear or talents, should reward those who gear for short cds.
Brackets: Game
lvl 10
lvl 20
lvl 30
lvl 40
lvl 50
lvl 60

External ladder system
1. webpage where you can register account.
2. form that you can register defeats. Takes winner and looser as input.
3. Table with ladder in each bracket.

If both brawelers register the game, it will be added to the ladder.

Can of be abused but , still have to create alot of accounts. Based on honor and fairness.
Brackets: Game
lvl 10
lvl 20
lvl 30
lvl 40
lvl 50
lvl 60

External ladder system
1. webpage where you can register account.
2. form that you can register defeats. Takes winner and looser as input.
3. Table with ladder in each bracket.

If both brawelers register the game, it will be added to the ladder.

Can of be abused but , still have to create alot of accounts. Based on honor and fairness.

There is no way to force delevel your character for a particular level. Next, the level 30 division will be owned by players with Horadric Hamburgers with a large dps roll and a socketed Marquise Ruby (think 1000+ DPS dagger at level 30).
For our current testing we have already establish some rules in our ranked leagues. We expect people to abide by the rules set out. We also have refs that will enforce these rules if needed. We are attempting to bring players together that wish to play on those fields, those that do not will be removed. Check it out

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/8705195/

Look forward to seeing you all!
For our current testing we have already establish some rules in our ranked leagues. We expect people to abide by the rules set out. We also have refs that will enforce these rules if needed. We are attempting to bring players together that wish to play on those fields, those that do not will be removed. Check it out

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/8705195/

Look forward to seeing you all!

I read through the rules and it all seems reasonable. I will give some feedback once I played it.
02/13/2013 02:24 PMPosted by ChuckNorris
I read through the rules and it all seems reasonable. I will give some feedback once I played it.

If there is stuff I have overlooked call it out now, again planning on doing a couple testing tournaments 16 man prize pools by us. Looking to host next Thursday, sign up.
I'd like to join in on this. I guess once several tournaments happen we can seed players and put the top 16 in a bracket where the loser drops to the next lower bracket and the winner of the top 17-32 moves up to the top 16 bracket. I think this might be more enjoyable as while I am confident in my DH skills (maybe top 1%) I can't compete with players like Revrac or ChuckNorris (top 0.01%) lol.
Diablo 3 pvp...in MLG? mlg must be desperate

If there is stuff I have overlooked call it out now, again planning on doing a couple testing tournaments 16 man prize pools by us. Looking to host next Thursday, sign up.

Hey I signed up on your forum that you linked in your other thread, and I'd be interested in participating in testing.

Read your rules and wanted to call out the same issue we were just discussing in this thread. After Barb kills WD, how long does WD have to respawn? Immediately? Do I have time to stretch my fingers? Take a drink? Two drinks? Who's counting the seconds?

What I'm getting at is with cooldowns as powerful as they are they temptation will be very great for even the most fair-minded of players to wait that extra 5 secs for Prep, or 7SS, or whatever to come off cd before respawning in a heated match. Just throwing this out there for you to consider.
How are we going to deal with draws? It's very possible for both players to not be able to kill each other if they are in the right setups.
I think its important that after death all players MUST re spawn immediately . However If you manage to hide in the arena after respawn then thats fair play.
I agree, I imagine a scenario where there has been a prolonged battle with each party nearly killing the other multiple times. Player X finally kills player Y is a cool-down spending shootout. Player Y is upset, we sympathize with Player Y (he was soooo close).

Player Y should get enough time to pick up his bag of Cheetos, crush the remaining Cheetos and bag furiously into a ball, and throw it in disgust at his sleeping cat. And then he must respawn. Alternatively, if Player X dies, he should have enough time to crack his pinky knuckle, sip his imported coffee, and carefully place it back onto his eco-friendly bamboo coaster. And then he must respawn.

I think the built death timer plus a nominal 5 seconds should be enough to accomplish this. I would consider this "immediate".
you should do a first to 10 with
1. no leaving arena for any reason
2.no every kill in arena counts
3 no skill changes
I think skill change within arena is fine. it already comes with a big risk to do it as it blocks the skill slot from use for quite some time.
Buddies and myself do level 30 dueling already, and we found it to be fun and interesting. For limitations all we did was 20m maximum. No legendary weapons..IE Hamburger, Spectrum, for they are to powerful for level 30 dueling. However, 20m max to gear a level 30 character seemed to work out quite nicely. I also suggest, not banning skills? Huge turn off for people. I saw this post and was overly excited till I saw your rules. I could understand banning Wrath of the zerker, but the other skills you mentioned are not of that stature, and would ultimately be fine.