Calamity Vs Manticore

Demon Hunter
I just spent $75 on a (297 Crit Dmg, near 1100 dmg, 2.8 life steal) Manti and its the worst descision i have ever made! I cant DPS much less stay alive with Manti...

Forget about Staggering, forget about loh/lifesteal/ forget about tanking/ forget about hate regen, forget about dps, just forget about Manti. Its garbage.

I can out DPS a manti, i can out tank a manti, i can out play a manti anyday.

I use traps... (i can deeps from range or i can switch and tank... MP10 its no prob either way.

Manti is terrible.

btw, i use Calamity
@spooky

03/23/2013 05:49 PMPosted by Spooky
I can out DPS a manti, i can out tank a manti, i can out play a manti anyday

i would like to see this, we could always do a test : ) with me of course
I just spent $75 on a (297 Crit Dmg, near 1100 dmg, 2.8 life steal) Manti and its the worst descision i have ever made! I cant DPS much less stay alive with Manti...

Forget about Staggering, forget about loh/lifesteal/ forget about tanking/ forget about hate regen, forget about dps, just forget about Manti. Its garbage.

I use traps... (i can deeps from range or i can switch and tank... MP10 its no prob either way.

Manti is terrible.

btw, i use Calamity

$75 on that trash? my condolences
Bad build and bad gear, no wonder. you do low dps on mp10. Show us how good you are with cala.

. . . . .
I am speechless. $75 can probably get you at least a 1280 ish 85cd+ 2os dex manticore. Responding to the underlined part, if you spent a tiny portion of the money you spent on the weapon and upgraded your gears/ crafted better gloves and ammy, your overall dps/ehp probably will raise quite a bit. In addition, you can not expect to do a lot of damage when your dps is under 150k unbuffed, which also means you lifesteal alot less from shadow power, making it harder to stay alive.

@op
I changed to calamity and don't plan on going back to manticore. I find it too fun shooting at a high speed to go back to a slow manticore ): You can also stack m4d proc with the skill which is awesome.
i like manticore pretty much because i like big crit number :) Imo it is good to use with Spike trap since st does not gain any dps from ias .. but it is true its pretty slow if you want to perma gloom or to stutterstep you will be better with a calamity
Manticore is so slow, I had that epic duped manticore with 2.23 attk speed, but STILL too slow. Sold it and got another calamity...now I am happy again
02/15/2013 05:49 PMPosted by Mamuke
I started with manticore and evrytime I see calamity thread I ignored reading it coz calamity has low dps compare to manticore. I dint know what I was missing til one day I was so bored and got gold to burn. So I decided to buy one out of boredom for a mil just to try it. Then unexpectedly it was the gameplay I never expected that I would like to experience ..... After the experience with the calamity I purchased a way better dps. If u are a manticore user and never tried calamity I suggest u stick with your high dps manticore coz once u equip calamity yul just can't stop lovin it...

I feel the same you do, when I try the calamity for the first time I was like "wow!". Now I can't find myself going back to the manticore. And from that day on for every foes I've encountered, I've sworn to bring calamity up on them!

. . . . .
I am speechless. $75 can probably get you at least a 1280 ish 85cd+ 2os dex manticore. Responding to the underlined part,

i equiped the garbage Manti if youd like to see it. its 176dex 11ias 97cd +2 socket (200) and it gives me a whopping 10k more dps on paper. it gives me a big negative in actual play. even when im pulling over 400k i get more, faster, and conistant crits /w Calamity.

Try waiting out the hate regen for 3 traps using Manti.. you will cry at your bad descision.
That is a super easy choice!

Calamity is clearly the better choice. The reason being that you want/need to attack faster so you can pull in more life steal with shadow power (sp)

Now if monsters were to do anything to interrupt your attacks, say freeze you, knock you up, or even force you to move (avoid any of their other AoE or if you're trying to stutter step) you want to be able to quickly start attacking again. If your attacks take too long to attack(every millisecond counts) then you won't be surviving.

This is assuming that a monster (usually an elite) would kill you in 2 hits.. You're probably thinking 'what's the problem, its one monster, he atks, then i atk and either kill him or get a ton of hp back and it's all good) Yea, but youre forgetting that theres OVER 9000 monsters atking you.

besides atking 2 per sec is awesome..
********you can tell how much lazier i became as i wrote this with my spelling and stuff >.> oh well
this is pretty much it.

That is a super easy choice!

Calamity is clearly the better choice. The reason being that you want/need to attack fasjavascript:;ter so you can pull in more life steal with shadow power (sp)

for me this is what matters.

..and i drop 3x3tick traps at my feet and spray with aoe devouring (say ive got a full SS stack) everything around me is exploding constantly... my hp may move, but i dont die, i can tank like a boss and alot of times prefer it when im lazy or we have bad CC. I can also set back with a cm wizard, turn on steady aim... and do even more crazy deeps.

by the time my traps have ticked, im rdy for 3 more. all the while pulling steady life steal and plenty of 200/300k/crits. two off before i could get one (and if Hungering procs even more) /w Manti. (i crit 4/700k with manti.. less chance for hungering to proc, less life steal, less traps (my biggest dps) less less and more less... bah Manti.

Maybe for a spinny build it would be good
High dps manticore with 2 sockets and already high crit dmg is awesome.

Check mine out.
As a new DH i tried both LL calamity and Manitcores before deciding to spend the big bucks (5m) on my current manticore. Using a strafe build so the slow speed doesn't annoy me as much.

Manti is terrible.

btw, i use Calamity

$75 on that trash? my condolences

Yea ... DHs dont need LS on their weapons because they have gloom, that LS affix is a total waste. That manti is worth $7 maybe.
Ive run all 3 (at the same time) for comparison. I bought items that were roughly about the same dps.

I run a calamity for 90% of what I deal with, but, use a rare LS bow for reflecto mobs. The bow has IAS, cd, socket, and LS. It actually out hits a WF (based on purchase price).

Again as others point out, play style dictates choice and usage.

Good luck, good hunting.
Calamity with cold damage works good for me
I haven't ponied up the coin for a Calamity yet (pricing is a bit inflated a these days), but I'd switch to a Windforce.

The faster attack speed is just simply more fun to play then with my Manti. Yeah, I'm giving up tons of Crit Dmg, but the trap tanking was just getting stale for me.

I still maintain that the best weapon choice is purely related to personal preference.