brawling totally unbalanced

Brawling
DH is one of the cheapest and strongest classes in brawling. You must have played terribly bad to lose. Were you not using smoke screen?

As long as you can eat a hit or two, wizards are easy. I have mediocre gear and played ptr a lot, only met 1 wizard that could kill me more than I could kill him. The only class that's easier to kill with a dh is monk.
DH is probably the strongest class for pvp... Wizard being the worst.
Just spam sentries and go invisible shooting hungering arrows into the distance while cluster bombing anyone nearby.

Or use sharpshooter and charge up Loaded for Bear and pewpew.

Wizards have no dex, so no dodge.
It's basically like playing Quake again. It's all accuracy, a little map with no sensors or radar. You pretty much have to take a run at your enemy and hope you hit. I am a Barb paragon 34 and fought my friend a DH paragon 11 and whoever hit who first won basically. You have to maneuver behind the tombs and walls until you can get your fury high enough to hit beserker then take a run and hope for the best. Otherwise any melee build is going to get spike trapped and smacked with whatever ranged attack a ranged attacker uses.

The only thing I don't like is that there are no vases, pots, or barrels to smash to help build my fury up. It is fun, another map in the future would be entertaining, but don't expect much... maybe a reward pot where 2 players who want to wager something can drop into an the winner can only open it. Or possibly a scoreboard to take count of kills/deaths... either way it is what I expected and I am not disappointed.
Yeah Kush just so you're aware. There was a third party study of the success rate of class builds in "brawling" or dueling during the PTR run....

Witch doctors were winning over 77% of their "duels" which in the Public test realm I can say first hand that in fact, if you fight a witch doctor, it will probably be annoying and very unbalanced. Seems to be the same now. Super awesome getting eaten by toads and turned into pigs/chickens.

I have a monk, which follows the battle success rate at about tied w/ Demon Hunters right behind Witch Doctors. Around 40%. According to some nerds who just played !@#$ tons of PTR while it was up. Keep in mind, this is probably inaccurate. But it seemed to fit the trend of how smoothly battles went against other classes.

But sadly to say Wizards had a 4% Success rate. 4% Bro, and you lost to one.

I would have to say, according to this study, you're just a noob.
Got hammared without lube to a p10 wizard today. 66 dh. vs 10 wiz. wiz has half the dmg and ehp then me.tried few different things....different weaps. legacy set. nothing. nothing could stop the blizzard. gloom does not work. he kept running behind a wall while his 2 duplicates dps and got in my way.just saying. pvp totally flawed. would be one thing if he had really good gear. totally just meeh.

Take the server down time to learn to duel. Watch some vids and stop crying. Everything has a counter. Everything.
Not to disagree that pvp is stupidly unbalanced, but try some other skills. Throw down 3 turrets and make the wiz come to you by laying down some hungering arrow; don't chase him somewhere you are going to be in trouble.
some players will always beat other players no matter the class. pvp is mostly player skill
Yeah, dude, that's some pretty serious issue......being a wickedly sore loser like that, ;-)

02/13/2013 11:45 AMPosted by Kush
he kept running behind a wall while his 2 duplicates dps and got in my way.

Sounds like strategy to me, and good strategy at that. The first time I tried brawling on PTR, I was using a Monk with a PvE build, and this high level DH kept ducking behind walls and making me run into his Sentry Traps, over and over. It was annoying, but all I kept thinking is, "dude, there's a way around this and I'll find it." And I did kill him a couple times, even with pretty crummy gear, so I felt good about that despite being killed a ton of times before I finally scored a kill back.

But see, your way of thinking....

just saying. pvp totally flawed. would be one thing if he had really good gear. totally just meeh.

This is literally EXACTLY what I knew would happen when PvP hit. People with mounds of AH gear (like your cliche Manticore, Dead Man's Legacy, Vile Ward, most of Nat's set, and some of Inna's "build", really creative, I'm sure that took you a long time to come up with) are now crying because people with lesser gear and lower Plvls have better SKILL builds.

No, jerk. PvP isn't flawed because of that. You got schooled by someone with skill choices that trumped yours. It's gonna happen. Probably a lot. Part of the fun of it. Yet, instead of rethinking your skill choices and admitting your failure, you start with this nonsense.......

yup, bit poed. its stupid. the crafting is dumb too. eventually, only crafted gloves an ammys will be worn, and people won't even bother picking up in game ones.

why account bound? ammys that drop ingame, have base stat nuff said.

whatever you guys wanna do. its fine. game at least has more stuff to do...well wait. it really doesnt. crafting...done once you get a trifecta. demonic essence acct bound, will not even pu after that.

Seriously, stop being mad about this. The devs admitted that brawling is unbalanced, it's supposed to be! It's people making their characters the way they want and pitting them against each other. Don't get mad, get even. Keep that person's battletag in mind, send them a friend request and keep fighting them till you win.

Just don't act like a child.
have u ever seen a 660k DPS DH? so, who is unbalance now ? dun use your gear and skill to determine a char is unbalance .....
02/13/2013 11:55 AMPosted by Jewpacabra
Witch doctors were winning over 77% of their "duels" which in the Public test realm I can say first hand that in fact, if you fight a witch doctor, it will probably be annoying and very unbalanced. Seems to be the same now. Super awesome getting eaten by toads and turned into pigs/chickens.

I have heard a lot about WD's abusing Hex......

Though, I've also heard that Spirit Spells have been pretty successful too, as they're pretty hard to resist or defend against.

Good thing. My Witch Doctor has an all Spirit Spell build going on. Should probably look into some Brawling with her, :-)
Got hammared without lube to a p10 wizard today. 66 dh. vs 10 wiz.

You do realize paragon levels are nothing like levels in most RPG's, right? An extra 56 paragon levels in D3 means you've got a stat advantage roughly equivalent to a bad set of rare shoulders over him. It's not going to have a noticeable impact on the result of a duel.
This is Diablo, not WoW. It would ruin the SP aspect of the game if they tried to rebalance everything out just to please the PvPers.
Yeah Kush just so you're aware. There was a third party study of the success rate of class builds in "brawling" or dueling during the PTR run....

I have a monk, which follows the battle success rate at about tied w/ Demon Hunters right behind Witch Doctors. Around 40%. According to some nerds who just played !@#$ tons of PTR while it was up. Keep in mind, this is probably inaccurate. But it seemed to fit the trend of how smoothly battles went against other classes.

But sadly to say Wizards had a 4% Success rate. 4% Bro, and you lost to one.

I would have to say, according to this study, you're just a noob.

wds arent too hard.. i beat two that outgeared me. its just a challenge of skills and timing (im a monk)
02/13/2013 12:00 PMPosted by CardinalMDM

I have heard a lot about WD's abusing Hex......

Though, I've also heard that Spirit Spells have been pretty successful too, as they're pretty hard to resist or defend against.

Good thing. My Witch Doctor has an all Spirit Spell build going on. Should probably look into some Brawling with her, :-)

spirit wds are quite annoying lol.. What i do hate is that spirit doesnt regen for monks (i have an innas set , so if my spirit doesnt go up for like 50 seconds i know it doesnt do it)
brawling was never meant to be balanced