I beg you, beg you to check out Path of Exile

Games & Technology
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
Also the PoE skill tree is cluttered with so much junk nodes that nobody would ever pick just to look big.

In D3 at least I can chose what skills to use, I don't have to rely on multiple layers of rng to use skills:
1) You need the right skill and support gems with uber low drop chance to actually drop
2) You need a gear piece with decent stats
3) You need a gear piece with enough sockets
4) Those sockets needs to be in the right colours
5) They need to be linked.

To achieve 2-5 you need to spend ridiculous amounts of orbs.

Also there is no way to normally trade if you don't have endless hours for spamming the channels. And even then you have to deal with tons of scammers.

Also the affixes on PoE gear are even worse and more meaningless than in D3.
79 Ranger here. Love the game.
I heard they hand out forum bans for advertising POE on Diablo 3 General Discussions, since it's completely off topic and is considered spam.

Also it is pay2win, since you need to buy more storage space, which you run out really fast.

You may create as many free accounts as you like son, D2 style, if you are too stingy to support the game by expanding your stash
In D3 at least I can chose what skills to use, I don't have to rely on multiple layers of rng to use skills:
1) You need the right skill and support gems with uber low drop chance to actually drop

Yea bro in D3 there is just nothing whatsoever to farm for at endgame.. and if you cant get hold of your skill gems you really need to l2trade

Even white items here with the right sockets are worth loads, and i mean LOADS! And thats before the ingenious orb system of upgrading items and rolling properties etc comes into play.

This !@#$ whipes the floor with D3. D3 is a garbage game compared to it, its only those who play for 0-5h or so that think its worse because they are used to the game playing itself. Here you have to play, and if you are bad you will die, straight up.
It's a bad game made for bad players, this thread proves it.

Reported for advertising.
oh fathom it hardly you can, speaks in snaketongue unlike a man

say somethin bro!

Yea bro in D3 there is just nothing whatsoever to farm for at endgame.. and if you cant get hold of your skill gems you really need to l2trade

Even white items here with the right sockets are worth loads, and i mean LOADS! And thats before the ingenious orb system of upgrading items and rolling properties etc comes into play.

This !@#$ whipes the floor with D3. D3 is a garbage game compared to it, its only those who play for 0-5h or so that think its worse because they are used to the game playing itself. Here you have to play, and if you are bad you will die, straight up.

I actually find it a paradox, that so many people hate the very convenient and quite ground breaking AH feature in D3, yet, when it comes to the PoE trading (which is essentially spamming the same message for days on end), they are fine with it.

The fact that RNG of items is split in multiple layers does not make it less frustrating. How many orbs do you realistically need to reroll 6 sockets in the right colors? It's the same type of crap as D3 crafting.

Yes, the game has some interesting features, like the flask resource system, but that's about it. It's in no way absolutely better than D3 in all aspects as some people would like to claim.
If D2 took a huge dump, Path of Exile would be it.
It sucks.

The gameplay is fine, until you find out that in order to "buy" anything, you need special items. There is no currency. These "special items" can be found (rarely, except the very basic ones) from drops, or by salvaging items. Why does this suck? Because these items perform other actions, which basically means you have to decide whether or not to "use" your currency, or to buy stuff with it.

But wait. Your character doesn't have any skills, abilities. Where do those come from? Little gems that RANDOMLY drop off mobs. Can you find them? maybe? Does it matter? Nope. Because that awesome rare weapon you found, doesn't have the colored gem slot so you can put that gem in there to use that ability. You could use a rare "special item" that changes the colors, but you might need that to buy items, who knows?

The major bosses are tuned way the hell up, to the point it's not even fun anymore. It changes from "you have to know what the boss does to kill it", to "you have to grind out running around like a chicken with your head cut off, because we've decided that's 'fun'".

Blah blah blah hardcore, blah blah blah, hardcore, blah blah blah, hardcore, because that's what everyone says when you try to say anything negative about this worthless pile of a game.

In other words, it's worth its cost. What I DON'T get, is people patriotically defending it like it is some holy grail of a game that is the savior and all-powerful being that raises the sun and moon and protects those she loves. It's a game. A game that, as I said, is worth the cost.

Ah ha, case in point. Those "orbs" are all about RNG. On top of the RNG for the weapon itself, on top of the RNG to get the skill gems to drop, on top of the RNG to get the support gems to drop. See a pattern here? It's unnecessarily complicated just so idiots can claim it's for "hardcore" people. They failed. Live with it, stop defending it. (yes, I'm well aware that last sentence could easily be used to describe Diablo 3, but we're not talking about Diablo 3)
I actually find it a paradox, that so many people hate the very convenient and quite ground breaking AH feature in D3, yet, when it comes to the PoE trading (which is essentially spamming the same message for days on end), they are fine with it.

The fact that RNG of items is split in multiple layers does not make it less frustrating. How many orbs do you realistically need to reroll 6 sockets in the right colors? It's the same type of crap as D3 crafting.

Yes, the game has some interesting features, like the flask resource system, but that's about it. It's in no way absolutely better than D3 in all aspects as some people would like to claim.

At first i disliked RMAH, or just any AH for that matter, and thought it ruined the game... Then i started sucking on information from Blizz and started believing it was alright coz after all its just the natural upgrade right, RIIIGIHT?

Then suddenly i find myself saying in path of exile general chat that AH does not belong in a bronze age style hack n slash game.

Much can be said but i will just say this. It changes the focus of the game towards efficient trading, and if you are no sniper you will be impaired. Inefficient trading not only causes you to meet and interact with the vibrant community, it also means players can have greater personal drops without everyone becoming overgeared faster.

That argument i'd like to see you beat. You can come at me with a mirage, an illusion, but the above argument stands. When you have a game with trading, not only does it feel more engaging and encouraging, and more like a game compared to something irl, but it allows greater drops for players than if they had AH, and you see the presence of AH had a remarkable effect on droprates as also stated by blue.

That's Right, i said it twice now in case you wanted to ignore it. Trading is where it's at bro.
The gameplay is fine, until you find out that in order to "buy" anything, you need special items. There is no currency. These "special items" can be found (rarely, except the very basic ones) from drops, or by salvaging items. Why does this suck? Because these items perform other actions, which basically means you have to decide whether or not to "use" your currency, or to buy stuff with it.

Oh boi so tell me, in a game with a working gold sink, you dont have to consider whether to use your gold on that or to trade it?

Some people just dont think very far at all.

You may be mad, mad coz bad, but this currency is simply genious. The currency ITSELF is the currency sink, and you dont have to farm much or read more than a couple of vendor recepies to figure out which items to sell to supply you with ample basic orbs in case you need to change your numbers of sockets or there color.

Only bad players have problems with this, or people who have not YET understood whats going on, or that you get LOADS of these currency items. HAHA.

The major bosses are tuned way the hell up, to the point it's not even fun anymore. It changes from "you have to know what the boss does to kill it", to "you have to grind out running around like a chicken with your head cut off, because we've decided that's 'fun'".

What did i say, mad coz bad! PoE > D3 if you want any challenge at all. D3 is for those who can haz RMAH gear and press the hoykey on the mob till it falls, and if any mob mechanic causes many player death it gets nerfed!

Stay here kiddo, the men go play a real game.

Ah ha, case in point. Those "orbs" are all about RNG. On top of the RNG for the weapon itself, on top of the RNG to get the skill gems to drop, on top of the RNG to get the support gems to drop. See a pattern here? It's unnecessarily complicated just so idiots can claim it's for "hardcore" people. They failed. Live with it, stop defending it. (yes, I'm well aware that last sentence could easily be used to describe Diablo 3, but we're not talking about Diablo 3)

Something not understood in Diablo was that if you have enough stuff that can drop, the RNG evens out, the more random stuff the more even the experience, and in PoE there is LOADS, and not even the rarest orbs are anything near as rare as top D2 runes, for example i found 2 of the best in a lucky day.

Honestly if you think its ALL rng you havent played much, and got mad coz u didnt get what someone else got instantly, coz i tell you the !@#$ drops ALL OVER. This game is a grindfest and much less RNG'ish since you are less dependant on each occurance of RNG, with there being more overall.

That's Right, i said it twice now in case you wanted to ignore it. Trading is where it's at bro.

You just created this cool thing. It's like, remember the cool guy in school? Well, the truth is, that guy was a loser, but he had money, so people just thought he was cool. That was your post, the cool guy with no actual friends. But it gives this appearance of awesome, right? Well, yeah, but did the popular cool guy in your school ever have to get braces, glasses, and have zits all at the same time? because that's what your sentence that I just quoted is.

Because you can't just say that something is good and pretend it is because you said so. You like trading. Other people like an auction house. Why do you suppose people like the auction house? because, in order to purchase an item, it's easy. You look through the list, and find what you're looking for. There's no waiting for people to come to you. There's nobody wanting arbitrary items for your item, coming up with a currency system that makes no sense. I give you this item, but you have to give me x item. Well, you don't have x item, so that doesn't work, does it? Did anyone here play Diablo 2? I would assume so. Did you really think trading worked in that game?

i always equated it to WoW. Remember in Burning Crusade, where you had to sit in trade chat for hours on end to get a group for a dungeon? And it didn't matter when you got a group, because they could be as incompetent as the guy thinking his opinion is the most important. But then, Wrath came out, and eventually they brought out LFD. You could just queue up, and thirty minutes later, bam, you're in a group for whatever dungeon you wanted. Could you run into incompetents there too? Of course! But it made things a whole lot quicker, one way or the other. That's how I see auction house versus bartering. If you want to barter, go somewhere and barter. Auction house is actually a newer concept, both in this series and in real life. Join the 21st century?
i always equated it to WoW. Remember in Burning Crusade, where you had to sit in trade chat for hours on end to get a group for a dungeon? And it didn't matter when you got a group, because they could be as incompetent as the guy thinking his opinion is the most important. But then, Wrath came out, and eventually they brought out LFD. You could just queue up, and thirty minutes later, bam, you're in a group for whatever dungeon you wanted. Could you run into incompetents there too? Of course! But it made things a whole lot quicker, one way or the other.

Just on an off note here, not adding to the conversation just saying how i felt about that... I felt flying mounts and the auto-porting to instances killed WoW for me. I loved the experience of being grounded with open world PvP where none could escape the endless reign of ganks (if they chose pvp server), and flying mounts effective ended that. It also heralded the downfall era of wow when they left their old ways, it lasted till mid TBC after it's flying mount then that was it.

All these failed streamlined things made you detached from the experience, and drops didnt feel special anymore. I loved nothing more than to always be the first person @ an instance on my warlock with my summon stone. I loved finding people i chats, and i was good at it.

These changes killed the fun for me, in part.

It became "invest X time and expect Y outcome." I play for fun, to achieve something that can only be done by investing energy and commitment.

And to be honest, As a fan of POE and a experienced Blizzard customer, the less Blizzard fans that play POE, the better off POE will be :)

And here is a guy that is quiite right, we dont need the filth. Soon the lead from their master will be broken and they will seek a new master. They will want PoE nerfed to make it easier etc etc, and blizz history might repeat itself in time.
this is probably how you get yourself banned for advertisement

Post this in the Off topics section next time to avoid the problem

P.S I do like PoE :)
So the verdict is:
1) Some people like the epic convenience of D3 auction house;
2) Some people like it vanilla RuneScape style, where you spam your WTB/WTS macros all day long until you get what you need after having dealt with tens of scamers.

PoE is a decent game and really has some potential, but it's in no way objectively better than D3 since the games are so very different that they are not easily even comparable. It's all about subjective preferences.

Oh i see, now that i tell you how RNG and number of occurances affect statistical spread suddenly i need to grow up? L2think bro then come back when you understand what i'm trying to tell you.

No. I'm going to quote every single instance of what you said in the past few posts that makes you look like a retard.

mad coz bad and l2understand issues

L2think bro

Oh boi

Only bad players have problems with this

What did i say, mad coz bad! PoE > D3 if you want any challenge at all. D3 is for those who can haz RMAH gear and press the hoykey on the mob till it falls, and if any mob mechanic causes many player death it gets nerfed!

I'd like to interject here, and see if I can explain this a little more simpler for you. I don't mind a boss being hard. That's...kind of the whole point of them, is it not? What I mind, is a boss that is designed not to require a strategy, or to learn its patterns and attacks, but to force you to just bang your keys and hope for the best. Now, back to the show:
This game is a grindfest

Again, crap. There is RNG, and plenty of it. Here ya go, have a thread like this: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/176752 Now, commercial break over

You're going to have to explain what "game playing itself" means, because this isn't Final Fantasy 12 where I set up a gambit system that automatically farms oozes in the mines until I'm level 99.