New Legendary Map Icon

General Discussion
02/14/2013 06:28 PMPosted by Vaeflare
I'm personally enjoying farming for all the new crafting recipes. I even managed to upgrade my bracers! :)

Lol i wonder wads fun farming all the plans when we could jus farm all of them with in 1 day lol.
I split time between a low-mp farming DH and a generic spin-to-win Barb. Since the patch it's been pretty much only the barb, since she can handle higher MP's.

I haven't noticed the minimap thing once, yet. I can't tell you the last time my eyes even drifted for a moment up to the top right corner of the screen, for anything. Thank Blizz for the cymbal crash when a Lege drops. It's saved me a few dozen off-screen drops. I'm sure I've missed more that I apparently should have seen flash on the minimap up there.

Not a rant or a complaint. The damn minimap could have spinning purple unicorns and I doubt I'd look up there.
If the legendary icon was a milk carton on the map, I would still love that icon.

Keep it up blizzard.
the new star nahhhh, but I loved that ping!
02/14/2013 03:29 PMPosted by papajohns
but then you probably did not deserve it anyway.

That's just stupid. If you farm a lot or just farm very fast and want to keep up the effiecent farming it's easy to forget and sometimes you'll miss it just because it's on the side of the screen and you're busy not dying etc.

Stupid statement.
I didn't know there was a star, my eyes always focus on that sweet orange pillar of light, and my ears on that ping that sounds like the voices of hot female angels.
02/15/2013 01:17 PMPosted by phoenixskank
I would like to propose the we officially name this "The Derp Star".

The derp star LoL
02/14/2013 03:43 PMPosted by BadtotheBone
Star on mini map is really bull, well you know what I mean. Still catering to WW barbs.

Lol catering to barbs, get outta here ya scrub
Ummm I don't get it apparently :< I checked when I got a key from a keywarden - left the screen and there was no pings, no stars, no indication of any kind - just the brownish beam when I was seeing the place it dropped...
Is it caused by the fact that it was only a key and not a true legendary?

Is it caused by the fact that it was only a key and not a true legendary?

yes
I had something weird happen as I was joining a public game. I clicked someone's banner when they were about to finish off an elite. He dropped some random magic items but when I looked at my mini-map it showed the star icon. However, I looked everywhere on the ground nearby the star icon but there was no legendary around. Anyone have a clue what happened?
First time I saw the giant cartoon star, I thought hmm maybe a pentagram would have been more suited to the game.. It's a nice touch though
02/14/2013 09:17 PMPosted by Alloppy
I'm personally enjoying farming for all the new crafting recipes. I even managed to upgrade my bracers! :)

Mind to share your hero's profile?