Pets/Sentry Turrets Procs

Demon Hunter
Unfortunatelly, Pets and Sentry Turrets, as well as most traps, do not proc. This means that they do not give you life on hit, nor do they activate effects that occur on chance (chance to fear, chance to stun, chance to knockback, etc). This pretty much does not help with build diversity, as it is just not worth chosing this skills over other with more DPS and can proc.

Skills procs = all classes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004036888?page=1

Anyone else agree we could do better here?
I don't complain about sentries because they have 2 huge advantages, part from not benefiting from crit/chd either obviously:

reflect damage. They don't reflect anything back while pulling great dps.

Plant'n'run: think the keep or any cornered area, you walk into a room and spot one rare pack and one champion pack with god-knows-what-nasties attached to their names! Waller is the best one :p Plant sentry, run back out and watch a wall pop up and block the doorway! See gold piles appear, hear them drop... <3 <3

Then again my sentries outdps everyone elses sentries by miles so this is my only (and very valid) strategy.

Would it be pretty illogical IF they procced lifesteal/stufF? yeah... they're not you, they're separate machines/objects. A pile of wood and arrows doesen't contain your funnybits in it does it? ;)

I for one wouldn't mind them benefiting from crit/cdh on the other hand, THAT would create diversity. Gear diversity :p As of now maxing dex+AS is the one and only prio for sentry oriented builds which has its limits, to say the least! Still fun though :D
why to proc?
sentry have a 1% Heal per sec (which could be higher, ok, but it has it) or you can have a " get15% less dmg " which you can stack. so you can have 45%less dmg
my build has 700-800 allres, and the little dmg who can still hit me can be downgraded to 55%
with 3 Turrets

so why do they have to proc?
I think I'dont understand your opinion ;-D

Greetings from Luxembourg
(my chars are on european servers)
Axeroid: 91% IAS? Wow, what's your APS with that Windforce?

sentry have a 1% Heal per sec (which could be higher, ok, but it has it) or you can have a " get15% less dmg " which you can stack. so you can have 45%less dmg

I don't think they can stack, the regen one definitely doesn't - even if I stand inside two I still only get 1% extra regen.
Chain of Torment Sentry has a .750 coefficient per tick but its a pain to use without Vault.
why to proc?
my build has 700-800 allres, and the little dmg who can still hit me can be downgraded to 55%
with 3 Turrets

so why do they have to proc?
I think I'dont understand your opinion ;-D

Greetings from Luxembourg
(my chars are on european servers)

But the idea is not only about life steal and damage mitigation. Is about having fun as well, and perhaps make all of those "chance to fear/stun/freeze/etc" useful!
my APS with Windforce is 3.00 :p

was 3,.46 with calamity but I had less AS then so it'd be 3.50+, alas, calamity with over 1200 dps is expensive and lacks lifesteal so i'm stickin' to my bow (also for the higher sentry damage through 15% passive raw damage)

Sentries don't stack in terms of life % regen or dmg reduction, not even from multiple DH's in multiplayer games i'm afraid. 15% reduction is all you get! Us dps-sentries use the 6-sec-cd rune obviously, highest real dps ;)

No, forget them spitfires, 6 sec basic dmg vs 8 sec + tiny rockets = 6 seconds wins.

I will also note that my tasker and theo gloves are only 8% ias and i'v begun crafting gloves hoping for a 9% AS with 280+ dex and allres.... crit/chd would be a bonus but not vital! Crafted a pair of trifecta just now but they don't work for my build (6% AS 8.5% CC 60% CHD with 230 dex, massive sheet dps upgrade for me but lower raw dmg and EHP, I need more AS on them.) :D
Your windforce isn't a bow, it's a machine gun =P
Sentrys used to reflect damage back... do they not now? i haven't fought SB/ubers yet in 1.0.7
02/21/2013 03:59 PMPosted by hmk21
Sentrys used to reflect damage back... do they not now? i haven't fought SB/ubers yet in 1.0.7

I'd like to know the same too, they used to reflect 1.0.6 not sure if they still do. I think they still do though.
By right sentries should not be reflecting any damage back to you at all, but if I'm not wrong there's still a bug where uber Siegebreaker still causes Sentry damage to reflect back to you.

But when it's fixed, I believe it's been stated (by a blue no less) the intended behavior of Sentry is that it should not be reflecting any damage back to you for any reason.
as of 1.0.7 sentries no longer reflect back, no, making them supeeerb vs reflect packs.

i'm amost certain even pets don't reflect back. So unless you are a glasscannon person, the wolf pet is veeery strong if you have a high avg dmg (not inflated by massive crit/critdmg).

My wolf hits for 120-190k per hit. PER HIT. :D I often switch wolf out for traps depending on MP, at 500 allres and "normal" armor the wolf tends to die vs strong packs on high MP's while traps are more reliable because they .. don't die!

Sub mp-5 i'll run wolf, maximum dmg output and yet another great damage source that doesen't require me personally to even be around! Kiting around/picking nose/ looting goldpiles while sentries+pet kill is just relaxing ;)
Your DH is great, Axeroid, and just proves another thread that I have in this forums: Dual Wield is broken. Mainly, because of the DML. Even with a 2 hander and without Zunimassa's Journey, you can almost achieve as many attacks per second as I can with Calamity and Dawn, while maintaining optimal EHP.

Nevertheless, it is great to see people using things other than Manticores.
I for one would LOVE to dual wield but yes it's... flawed, to say the least! Since DML is around, we have few options but to stick to it! I'm sure a billionaire could hit 300-350k dps dual wielding but... we aren't that billionaire. :D now if it granted say 25% AS, i'd go with it. Definately for a sentry build!
02/21/2013 04:09 PMPosted by Myon
but if I'm not wrong there's still a bug where uber Siegebreaker still causes Sentry damage to reflect back to you.

Yeah, I saw this happening when I was playing last night as well. Sentries (and other pets for that matter) reflecting damage back to you on Siegebreaker is a bug and is already fixed internally. The hotfix didn't make the last (Feb 19th) maintenance and is currently scheduled for next Tuesday.
Glad to see you on the boards Wyatt..

Hopefully this is the start of a new trend.
Nice.
Good to see ya Wyatt Cheng!

I salute a fellow min/maxer.
Glad to hear this bug gets fixed. Demon Hunters have a hard time resurrecting players during that fight. ;-) Thanks for stopping in Wyatt Cheng!