BoA Gear, The Cold Hard Facts

General Discussion
13 Gear Slots Total
New BoA Gear Covers 5 slots (6 if you count hellfire rings)
8 slots without BoA crafting gear options. (7 if you count hellfire rings)

Shoulders and amulets are most likely the fastest items to upgrade for most people. Gloves/Bracers being close behind these items. Chests at this point while they roll decently are not going to be used much with the current availability of class set chest pieces.

Let's get down to some logic here people. As we all know, D3 is all about RNG. Sure, there will be people who roll huge upgrades in several slots early on but the majority of us are lucky to get 1 lucky roll out of 1000. The odds of actually filling all 4 of these slots with BoA gear alone is slim to none.

In addition to this you have to consider people need gear to farm demonic essences in the first place. Yes, this assumes new players are coming along (and believe it or not people do still buy this game). Sure prices will drop drastically on rare items that are not amazing rolls. Legendaries like vile wards, IK gloves, Lacunis, and set necks will drop in prices as well. But this does not mean they will not retain some value.

Taking all of this into account you still have several slots with no options for BoA gear. These slots will likely increase in cost due to this fact.

The only people who do not like the addition of BoA gear and 1.07 are people who are ignorant or afraid their gold farming/AH flipping will be hurt drastically in the long run. In the end people need to realize this is a game, not a job. If you want to make money go get a job.

TL;DR: Too many QQ threads "BoA gear ruined this game" There are still many options to make gold. If you rely on this game to make a living, it is time to find a new profession and time sink.
Exactly the point, well said. A couple things I'd like to add to this, if I may...

Not only are new players coming along, but those new players that enter the fold see that there's a lot of good methods to get high end items outside of the Auction House, they may be more compelled to not buy everything they get for upgrades, and instead, go about it themselves. Think about it, crafting plan drops are buffed 400%, meaning new characters starting from scratch are more likely to get MORE crafting plans, and may end up doing more low level crafting when drops aren't giving them enough upgrades. They do enough crafting to get them to Inferno, once they start getting Demonic Essences, they're getting Archon plans to drop, Amulet plans to drop, and buying the chest armors, they might give those a try as well. Sure, maybe Archon Chests may not be as good as some set and legendary chests, but if those Archon Chests they craft are good enough to keep them going without having to buy upgrades, they may be able to handle a high enough MP that they can get their own set and legendary chests to drop.

In that same vein, like you said, there's still plenty of avenues to make gold, AND at least for now, these BiS items only take up a small handful of slots...BiS Helms, Boots, Pants, Rings, and Weapons are still going to be available on the AH. Will they/should they make BiS craftables for those slots as well? I might advise against it, dare I say, just to keep the AH available as a gold source for some people. I mean, five slots for BiS craftables, fine. Making EVERY slot BiS craftable? Might not be wise unless they really want to ensure no one uses the AH, and I think even if the devs want people to shy away from the AH, they're still okay with people using it.

Also...I couldn't agree more with this...

02/20/2013 07:51 AMPosted by bwest86
The only people who do not like the addition of BoA gear and 1.07 are people who are ignorant or afraid their gold farming/AH flipping will be hurt drastically in the long run.

So far, I haven't seen all that many arguments against crafted BiS items being BOA that really focused on this fact, and even if they did, it failed to be convincing. In fact, it's actually brought out players to defend the game (crazy as that sounds).

Honestly, most of the anti-BOA threads I've seen, "BOA kills economy," "Way to go, you've killed the economy"...I'm sorry, I thought this game was about killing monsters and building your gear to make you stronger...since when was this game SUPPOSED TO BE about the economy?

Sure, they put in the Auction House, so an economy does exist...but when was the economy meant to be something to really pay attention to? Maybe at launch, the difficulty was so severe that people NEEDED the AH to get anywhere, but at this point? Paragon levels? Monster Power? And now, crafting getting buffed?

Why does anyone use the AH anymore?
02/20/2013 08:30 AMPosted by whoopadeedoo
It's almost as if you guys don't even read other people's post so you can keep constructing this AH flipper strawman.

Dude, I've seen you say this a million times. Gotta get a better argument.

In fact, I've hardly ever seen a good argument from you about this. You're a fine one to talk about not reading posts.

I read plenty of anti-BOA threads, and they're either underdeveloped, with no elaboration whatsoever, or they barely IMPLY that they can't sell the items back for profit, in among some huge post where they dance around the issue for paragraph after paragraph.
02/20/2013 08:22 AMPosted by CardinalMDM
Why does anyone use the AH anymore?

Some people believe trading is the most important thing in the world! And they should be able to trade every item (forgetting that 99.9% of items they find they already don't trade, they just vendor trash).
I don't like BoA gear because this is suppose to be a Diablo game not a World of Warcraft game. If you want a BoA style of game then go play WoW and let Diablo be Diablo.
02/20/2013 08:36 AMPosted by Goodbrew
Some people believe trading is the most important thing in the world!

I agree, trading is a great thing!

Problem is, you're not really trading on the AH...you're just buying. Some people buy with the sole purpose to sell at a higher price, this is often referred to as "flipping."

You take craftable BiS items and make them sellable? You severely hurt everything else that can be bought in the same central location.

At least by making CRAFTABLE items BiS, you present people with something personal to work toward, and the AH can still be a place where people can buy and sell high end sets and legendaries. People can craft a bazillion "potentially BiS" pieces for the amount of gold it'd take to buy one high end set piece on the AH. Of course, that high end set piece, with rolls the likes of the highest priced have, would also take an exceptionally long time to find off a drop.

So yes, I agree, trading is very important. But formal trading is important, person-to-person trading is important. Going to a flea market and buying anything you want because you flipped enough items to get the gold? Not nearly as important to the strength of a GAME.
02/20/2013 08:40 AMPosted by Slay
I don't like BoA gear because this is suppose to be a Diablo game not a World of Warcraft game. If you want a BoA style of game then go play WoW and let Diablo be Diablo.

Another bad argument...and from someone wearing as much AH-purchased gear as you've got on? That's saying something.

You say you want a Diablo game, and not WoW, yet you'd buy such perfectly rolled pieces like that Manticore and Dead Man's Legacy from the AH? If this were Diablo 2, you'd have to FIND those pieces, not just buy them. Sure, you could buy them from a third-party site, but the chances of them being duped or hacked is extremely high, making it a far more dangerous avenue to even consider, far worse than buying stuff from the AH, making it not even viable for a vast majority of players.

Yet, most people in this community are fine hating on BOA items because "it's not Diablo," meanwhile, they're wearing tons of stuff they BOUGHT via a central "trading" location that wasn't anywhere NEAR as efficient at getting you what you needed as Diablo 1 or 2 had.

THIS, right here, is exactly what I'm talking about. This kind of hypocrisy...
To be honest, i'd prefer having improved overall loot quality so people can find their gear in a somewhat reliable way. The BoA items are nice and all, but they aren't really shiny spoils of war you get to find while demolishing hordes of monsters, which is imho one of the most addictive factors of the ARPG genre. It is nice that they allow players to have a better chance at getting geared on their own instead of getting ripped off by AH tycoons, though, even if it isn't the best solution.

In reference to this, i like to use D2's mid level uniques as an example to illustrate what i mean by this. Those items were fairly common, and were perfectly viable for higher level gameplay. A shaftstop or a skullder's ire would in no way compare to an enigma armor, but it was pretty nice and satisfying to find one of them every now and then, because they were designed with a purpose, instead of being RNG guided statsticks like D3 items. Same applies to many other memorable uniques, such as the class specific ones, buriza or vampire gaze. This common, yet extremely useful loot kept that spark lit for a very long time, even if you never got to get a perfect runeword, precisely because they were interesting and fun items, instead of the boring and uninspiring RNG plagued loot we find in D3. These items have no identity, no soul, no appeal other than high stats (if you are lucky enough to get one with high stats, that is...) because an obsessive focus on the economy has led Blizzard to sacrifice that fantastic feeling those mid-level uniques delivered in D2. We don't need 300dex+100vit vilewards or any other GG item raining from the sky, but being able to find 170dex-40vit ones every now and then wouldn't be bad, and it would in a certain way revive that "oh shiny!" feeling that's so emblematic of the Diablo franchise.
02/20/2013 08:48 AMPosted by Blashyrkh
Those items were fairly common, and were perfectly viable for higher level gameplay. A shaftstop or a skullder's ire would in no way compare to an enigma armor, but it was pretty nice and satisfying to find one of them every now and then, because they were designed with a purpose,

I can't disagree with you that D3 could use more legendaries and sets that are viable in endgame, and that existing sets and legendaries could afford to be more reliable with their rolls (i.e., less random properties and more standard ones), however a big part of the problem with people finding midlevel items like you describe here....

02/20/2013 08:48 AMPosted by Blashyrkh
being able to find 170dex-40vit ones every now and then wouldn't be bad, and it would in a certain way revive that "oh shiny!" feeling that's so emblematic of the Diablo franchise.

....items like that drop plenty, but people don't bother with them. Why? Because better stuff is available on the AH, right at peoples' fingertips. In D2, the attitude was, "okay, I need higher MF to get better stuff." And fairly quickly and easily, better stuff would come. In D3, higher MF doesn't guarantee epic gear, and because people WANT that guarantee, they head to the AH.

So while some people long for more midlevel legendaries, it wouldn't do any good on its own. I've seen it happen, really...higher MFs combined with higher Plvls and MPs have been dropping a visible increase in my legendaries, and the other day, I even got my first two solo set drops that are good upgrades for my Wizard. But that's because I don't subsist on the AH for all my upgrades.

For people who do? a "170dex-40vit" item? Deemed useless. As for crafting, the idea is to supplement what items you find out in the world. Honestly, if I need an upgrade, and I craft something nice that allows a character of mine to ascend an MP and I get more sets and legs to drop? All the better.

That's why I think these crafting options are a good idea. It leaves the AH alone to offer people a nearly infinite amount of legs and sets to buy, but for people who want homegrown upgrades without the need to buy them, they can craft their own. And as I said, at least for now, the BiS craftables aren't covering every slot, so people looking to upgrade other slots may still want to keep shopping to get BiS items for those slots.

Another bad argument...and from someone wearing as much AH-purchased gear as you've got on? That's saying something.

You say you want a Diablo game, and not WoW, yet you'd buy such perfectly rolled pieces like that Manticore and Dead Man's Legacy from the AH? If this were Diablo 2, you'd have to FIND those pieces, not just buy them. Sure, you could buy them from a third-party site, but the chances of them being duped or hacked is extremely high, making it a far more dangerous avenue to even consider, far worse than buying stuff from the AH, making it not even viable for a vast majority of players.

Yet, most people in this community are fine hating on BOA items because "it's not Diablo," meanwhile, they're wearing tons of stuff they BOUGHT via a central "trading" location that wasn't anywhere NEAR as efficient at getting you what you needed as Diablo 1 or 2 had.

THIS, right here, is exactly what I'm talking about. This kind of hypocrisy...

I've been playing the game as it is and succeeding without crying or using the RMAH. The hypocrisy is from the people who keep crying for changes because they can't succeed on their own. The hypocrisy is from the people who can't succeed even after the game has been nerfed so hard that Inferno mode is as easy as Hell mode was when the game was released. The hypocrisy is from the people who feel they deserve a reward for being poor when their situation is their own fault. It doesn't cost any real money to use the GAH so it's a feature everyone can use, not doing so is just a bad choice and it should not be rewarded.
02/20/2013 09:08 AMPosted by Slay
The hypocrisy is from the people who feel they deserve a reward for being poor when their situation is their own fault.

Exactly what situation are you referring to here?

I've never once complained about never owning more than 8.9 million gold. And I don't feel I DESERVE a reward for being "poor," as you call it. I think it's the opposite. I think the people who are "rich," who have BILLIONS of gold, are suddenly feeling that their nearly infinite reserves of resources are getting edged out by people willing to put the work of FARMING into their game (while they were doing it the past 13 years in D2).

02/20/2013 09:08 AMPosted by Slay
It doesn't cost any real money to use the GAH so it's a feature everyone can use, not doing so is just a bad choice and it should not be rewarded.

This is a very common misconception.

Just because the GAH doesn't cost any real money, doesn't mean it's NOT an easy way out. As I said, I don't feel I deserve a reward for being "poor." I just want this game, in a franchise KNOWN for featuring thousands of hours worth of grinding and farming, to encourage people to work for their own upgrades, and not just BUY the same exact crap everyone else has (like your 44k+ elite kill DH, with the same Nats, Innas, Manticore and Dead Man's eeeeeeevery other DH that pulls more than 260k DPS has going), then complain that drops aren't good and "itemization fails."

THAT is your fault. I remain "poor," and my drops stay interesting, and I have good hope that crafting will beneficial. You hate on BOA, why? Because you can't sell insanely good crafted items for even MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE gold than you already pull in? Because sets and legendaries may not sell for as much gold, and as such, it'll take even more WORK for you to get upgrades at all?

Those things are your fault.
02/20/2013 08:30 AMPosted by whoopadeedoo
It's almost as if you guys don't even read other people's post so you can keep constructing this AH flipper strawman.

Its pretty impressive eh. I am one of the very few self proclaimed flippers anti boa/bis and I am probably one of the least dramatic when it comes to the harm this does to the economy. I am not sure if any of the other more vocal opponents are flippers, and I know most of you are not.

The vast majority of all our posts focus on the game itself (removing more aspects that the Diablo franchise is known for), and how this does harm to more casual players down the road. But I fully admit, its fun now, and that is a good thing.

One question though. If history is any indication items will get upgraded again down the road. Assuming you have about 1/5 of your items locked into BoA status, how well are you going to be positioned to upgrade later, when you can not recoup any of the cost of your upgrades by selling that old gear?

I think that is difference between people that love this vs people that hate it. People that hate it are probably more long term planners. Some of us like to accumulate wealth, plan ahead, trade smart, and earn upgrades. That is why we do not feel "forced" to use the AH or real money. The AH is just an efficient tool, and the idea you need to real money is just preposterous. The bis/boa combo is just a speedway to advancement with a giant roadblock at end (and a bandaid on the more real issues). That is no fun for us.

People that are less likely to do those things above are, obviously, less concerned with the long term consequences. It is much harder to work towards good gear without this future planning and trading wisely. So, bring on the speedway, and hope another speedway comes before roadblock.

Anyway, that is just a generalization based on the forum posts, which I know does not universally apply, nor even 100% apply to any one person. And, frankly there is nothing wrong with either approach. Its a game, anything that makes it fun is good.

The only worry is that the complaint train will come back twice as large when the koolaid runs out, and blizzard will make another change with the exact same consequences as double drop rates, raising all ilvls to 63, bis/boa, etc instead of fixing underlying issues. Remember how happy everyone was about those, and how quickly everyone was upset that it impossible to find good drops? They made drops dramatically better vs time spent farming, and the result was people complained about how terrible drops were more than ever. Isn't there some proverb about those that do know history are doomed to.... something or other.
n reference to this, i like to use D2's mid level uniques as an example to illustrate what i mean by this. Those items were fairly common, and were perfectly viable for higher level gameplay. A shaftstop or a skullder's ire would in no way compare to an enigma armor, but it was pretty nice and satisfying to find one of them every now and then, because they were designed with a purpose, instead of being RNG guided statsticks like D3 items. Same applies to many other memorable uniques, such as the class specific ones, buriza or vampire gaze. This common, yet extremely useful loot kept that spark lit for a very long time, even if you never got to get a perfect runeword, precisely because they were interesting and fun items, instead of the boring and uninspiring RNG plagued loot we find in D3. These items have no identity, no soul, no appeal other than high stats (if you are lucky enough to get one with high stats, that is...) because an obsessive focus on the economy has led Blizzard to sacrifice that fantastic feeling those mid-level uniques delivered in D2. We don't need 300dex+100vit vilewards or any other GG item raining from the sky, but being able to find 170dex-40vit ones every now and then wouldn't be bad, and it would in a certain way revive that "oh shiny!" feeling that's so emblematic of the Diablo franchise.

This a Bazillion times. And just to illustrate to people how important and functional some of those items were: (These are all uniques)

Rings:
Soj, Bk's, Carrion Wind, Raven Frost;

Ammy:
Highlord Wrath, The Eye of Etlich, The Cat's eye;

Class Specifics: (Here's the juicy stuff)
Titans Revenge, Bartuc's, Rage Talon, Homunculus, Arreat's Face, Occy, Jalal's Mane, Herald of Zakarum;

Normal-mode items that were used in Hell:
Chance Guards, Mage Fist, Frostburn Gauntlets, Goldwrap.

Nightmare-mode items:
Peasant Crown, Valkyrie Wings, Crown of Thieves, Vamp's Gaze, Spirit Shroud, Vipermagi, Duriel's Shell, Shaftstop, Skullder's, Que-Hegan, Guardian's Angel, Lidless Wall, Moser's Blessed Circle, Venom Grip, Silkweave, Infernostride, Travs, Gore Rider, String of Ears, Tgods, Butcher's Pupil, Witch wild string, Dark Clan Crusher, Fleshrender, Baezil's Vortex, Earthshaker, Zakarum's Hand, Fetid Sprinkler, Hand of Blessed Light, Chromatic Ire, Blade of Ali Baba, The Atlantean, Swordguard, Arm of King Leoric, Blackhand Key.
This a Bazillion times. And just to illustrate to people how important and functional some of those items were: (These are all uniques)

Rings:
Soj, Bk's, Carrion Wind, Raven Frost;

Ammy:
Highlord Wrath, The Eye of Etlich, The Cat's eye;

Class Specifics: (Here's the juicy stuff)
Titans Revenge, Bartuc's, Rage Talon, Homunculus, Arreat's Face, Occy, Jalal's Mane, Herald of Zakarum;

Normal-mode items that were used in Hell:
Chance Guards, Mage Fist, Frostburn Gauntlets, Goldwrap.

Nightmare-mode items:
Peasant Crown, Valkyrie Wings, Crown of Thieves, Vamp's Gaze, Spirit Shroud, Vipermagi, Duriel's Shell, Shaftstop, Skullder's, Que-Hegan, Guardian's Angel, Lidless Wall, Moser's Blessed Circle, Venom Grip, Silkweave, Infernostride, Travs, Gore Rider, String of Ears, Tgods, Butcher's Pupil, Witch wild string, Dark Clan Crusher, Fleshrender, Baezil's Vortex, Earthshaker, Zakarum's Hand, Fetid Sprinkler, Hand of Blessed Light, Chromatic Ire, Blade of Ali Baba, The Atlantean, Swordguard, Arm of King Leoric, Blackhand Key.

Many of those are what I call 'stop-gap' items. They are what enabled D2 to have a strong economy while not screwing people over with RNG. Missing stop-gaps are one of the primary failures of D3, and a subject much overlooked by the dimwits who like to blame the auction house, rmah, flippers, those sort of red herrings.

It's the quality of the loot: One thing's that D3 items disction of good/great to godly is simply to inflate numbers, whereas the difference between an Earthshaker to a HoTO was a enourmous not only affixes but the quality and how the item in overall releaved your gear constrictions of some burdens you had. And both were great items.

The difference between great and godly in D3 does not shine as in D2.And loot diversity as well. An end game barb could wear: Upped arreat, wolfhowl, Demonhorn, CoA (If you ever had the lucky to have one dropped =P) In D3 there's only one answer: Crit Mempo.
02/20/2013 08:58 AMPosted by CardinalMDM
Those items were fairly common, and were perfectly viable for higher level gameplay. A shaftstop or a skullder's ire would in no way compare to an enigma armor, but it was pretty nice and satisfying to find one of them every now and then, because they were designed with a purpose,

I can't disagree with you that D3 could use more legendaries and sets that are viable in endgame, and that existing sets and legendaries could afford to be more reliable with their rolls (i.e., less random properties and more standard ones), however a big part of the problem with people finding midlevel items like you describe here....

being able to find 170dex-40vit ones every now and then wouldn't be bad, and it would in a certain way revive that "oh shiny!" feeling that's so emblematic of the Diablo franchise.

....items like that drop plenty, but people don't bother with them. Why? Because better stuff is available on the AH, right at peoples' fingertips. In D2, the attitude was, "okay, I need higher MF to get better stuff." And fairly quickly and easily, better stuff would come. In D3, higher MF doesn't guarantee epic gear, and because people WANT that guarantee, they head to the AH.

So while some people long for more midlevel legendaries, it wouldn't do any good on its own. I've seen it happen, really...higher MFs combined with higher Plvls and MPs have been dropping a visible increase in my legendaries, and the other day, I even got my first two solo set drops that are good upgrades for my Wizard. But that's because I don't subsist on the AH for all my upgrades.

For people who do? a "170dex-40vit" item? Deemed useless. As for crafting, the idea is to supplement what items you find out in the world. Honestly, if I need an upgrade, and I craft something nice that allows a character of mine to ascend an MP and I get more sets and legs to drop? All the better.

That's why I think these crafting options are a good idea. It leaves the AH alone to offer people a nearly infinite amount of legs and sets to buy, but for people who want homegrown upgrades without the need to buy them, they can craft their own. And as I said, at least for now, the BiS craftables aren't covering every slot, so people looking to upgrade other slots may still want to keep shopping to get BiS items for those slots.

In a sense, you are right, but i set the vilewards example just as an immediate illustration coherent with the current system to translate what i felt in D2 while finding relevant mid level uniques. The point is, you don't need those 300dex-100vit vilewards to drop all the time to be happ, if at all, but seeing something actually relevant and properly itemized a bit more often instead of bags and bags and bags of useless garbage can lead to the same satisfaction. Even if the 170dex-40 vit vilewards are worth almost nothing, they still hold itemization value, something that's rather rare in this game, again as a product of the obsessive focus on the economy and not on gameplay enjoyment. I don't know if the concept is clear enough, but it's the best way i could put it out.

I don't need to be fully decked in BiS perfect rolls gear in order to have fun with this game, but in the time i've played this game, the "oh shiny" feeling that happened so often in D2 has barely happened in a bit over 250 hours of gameplay in D3. From the gear my DH wears, i've only managed to find her rare ring and her templar follower's weapon, whereas in D2 i would be able to find at least 60 or 70% of my character's gear, leaving trade as an option to find those extra pieces that seemed to be more elusive or simply rare. Again, not focusing on BiS stuff here, which for evident reasons require extensive trading. I'm talking about an occy orb, a shako, or a skullders ire kind of items, which were very good and enjoyable, even if they were common. In D3 that viable common loot has been transfered to the AH, because there's only so much one can take of this disastrous and obscenely randomized system that delivers more frustration than joy.
The hypocrisy is from the people who feel they deserve a reward for being poor when their situation is their own fault.

Exactly what situation are you referring to here?

I've never once complained about never owning more than 8.9 million gold. And I don't feel I DESERVE a reward for being "poor," as you call it. I think it's the opposite. I think the people who are "rich," who have BILLIONS of gold, are suddenly feeling that their nearly infinite reserves of resources are getting edged out by people willing to put the work of FARMING into their game (while they were doing it the past 13 years in D2).

It doesn't cost any real money to use the GAH so it's a feature everyone can use, not doing so is just a bad choice and it should not be rewarded.

This is a very common misconception.

Just because the GAH doesn't cost any real money, doesn't mean it's NOT an easy way out. As I said, I don't feel I deserve a reward for being "poor." I just want this game, in a franchise KNOWN for featuring thousands of hours worth of grinding and farming, to encourage people to work for their own upgrades, and not just BUY the same exact crap everyone else has (like your 44k+ elite kill DH, with the same Nats, Innas, Manticore and Dead Man's eeeeeeevery other DH that pulls more than 260k DPS has going), then complain that drops aren't good and "itemization fails."

THAT is your fault. I remain "poor," and my drops stay interesting, and I have good hope that crafting will beneficial. You hate on BOA, why? Because you can't sell insanely good crafted items for even MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE gold than you already pull in? Because sets and legendaries may not sell for as much gold, and as such, it'll take even more WORK for you to get upgrades at all?

Those things are your fault.

The situation is that your poor, I clearly stated that.

Yes I have 1600 hours in the game, I've worked hard for every item I own. And I didn't just get there all at once, I've upgraded every slot multiple times. My gear is just like everyone elses? Wrong, you won't find very many players with gear like mine. Their gear may have the same name but you'll find very few with my defensive stats. I'm not using Perfectionist or the Boar. I didn't need to use Gloom to kill RD Elites before the patch. I'm not a Glass Cannon nor do I bunny hop around the screen.

And your under the delusion that I can't keep making gold because of BoA Crafting.I play the game, the whole game. I rarely make quick runs that's why I haven't reached Paragon 100 yet, I farm the highest MP Level I can play without dying often (MP8 at the moment) while still playing fairly quick. I pickup every pile of gold and I vendor Blues and Yellows. BoA is in the game so 3 days ago I started crafting gloves to replace my last self found item. I had 405 million gold pieces and the tomes of secrets but I've been buying the required tears from the GAH. So far I've crafted 75 gloves but none as good as my self found gloves. The only items I've sold on the GAH are the new BoA plans yet I now have 420 million gold pieces. You said the most gold you've ever had was 8.9 million yet I've made 15 million in 3 days while crafting 75 gloves, buying tears and selling plans. That's the situation.