State of the Markets (RS inventories are HIGH)

General Discussion
Here are the current inventories for Radiant Stars in the AH. Theses inventories are extremely high - almost 3x in some cases. This is an early sign for a bubble.

252 RS Emerald
88 RS Topaz
189 RS Ruby
75 RS Amethyst

Be cautious about investing in gems or tomes right now.
what are those #'s the total amount in auctions? and they are normally less than
that? hmm i dont need to invest in gems just need upgrades soo so i hope the market crashes
well.

Best gem on European AH

Emerald 33m

Ruby 20-21m

Says enough. Glad I bought quite a few before the patch, crafted stuff and made some 50m or more with it now.

The Emerald is still the only end game choice, ruby cant get close. Sadly. But at least if your CC is low the Ruby is a nice "upgrade" in DPS. But so many of the skills work only well with CC.

I mean an 1600 DPS IK hammer is not as usefull like an 1400 DPS Skorn with 180 CD. Who ever made this system ... no clue.
what are those #'s the total amount in auctions? and they are normally less than
that? hmm i dont need to invest in gems just need upgrades soo so i hope the market crashes

Those are the number of actual Radiant Stars that were sitting in the Auction House at that time. Ironic that the one with the most supply is the one that has the highest value. That tells you that the value of Emeralds is built partially on belief.

I keep an eye on these numbers just so I can see if an actual shortage is developing. I think long term, the gem sink, and account bound items are going to begin to eat up supply, it's just we have such a large supply that you can't see it yet.

The tomes are also interesting, because in essence they represent the actual amount of crafting that is going on, and that supply is being eaten up quite dramatically. I always have about 10,000 on hand, but I am down from my original 50k stash.
Just did a quick inventory of supply in the AH

RS Topaz - 45 (down from 81)
RS Ruby - 220 (up from 189)
RS Emeralds - 205 (down from 252)
RS Amethyst - 55 (down from 75)
how are you looking up the supply counts in the ah?
so no one knows how to do this?
02/16/2013 09:05 PMPosted by CrniVuk
The Emerald is still the only end game choice, ruby cant get close. Sadly. But at least if your CC is low the Ruby is a nice "upgrade" in DPS. But so many of the skills work only well with CC.

For which char exactly?

For "end-game" DH's, using a manticore, the end-game choice is ruby+emerald..those using a calamity, the top choice is ruby.

My friend is a barb (top 200 unbuffed DPS), and for him, the ruby in the main hand provided more DPS and significantly more tDPS than the emerald.

So that's at least 2 classes, where the ruby is either as good or better than the emerald.

02/16/2013 09:05 PMPosted by CrniVuk
Who ever made this system ... no clue.

Actually, you're the one with no clue.. bro.
bump for question
02/17/2013 07:17 AMPosted by Raistlin
bump for question

You can do it through pricing - by looking at the highest price, and finding out the last gem to that price change. Should be accurate to a few gems.
since the patch just came out, i would expect the first few weeks to have a lot of activities as ppl upgrade their gems.

ppl who previously built up inventory in anticipation of this is also offloading.

so its too early to say if its too high or too low.
since the patch just came out, i would expect the first few weeks to have a lot of activities as ppl upgrade their gems.

ppl who previously built up inventory in anticipation of this is also offloading.

so its too early to say if its too high or too low.

Yeah... I think there is alot of offloading going on.