Unstable Anomaly a Must for Archon Build

Wizard
The wording is confusing to me. The "succession" is what's tripping me out.

Let's say: Fatal hit --> 45% life -> cooldown (now another fatal hit is death) is how it's supposed to be right?

With succession in there it makes it seem like this: Fatal hit --> 45% life --> non fatal hit --> fatal hit --> 45% life --> non fatal hit, and so on.

Technically with "succession" being used it seems like you should be able to take a bunch of fatal hits as long as they're not in, well, succession. And if they are, then the cooldown should start.
I find that, for me, it makes using archon much more doable at higher mps without a LS weapon. My goal is to use archon in MP5 without slowing down too much.
I like to use it with SNS now instead of evocation. Very useful skill.
The wording is confusing to me. The "succession" is what's tripping me out.

Let's say: Fatal hit --> 45% life -> cooldown (now another fatal hit is death) is how it's supposed to be right?

With succession in there it makes it seem like this: Fatal hit --> 45% life --> non fatal hit --> fatal hit --> 45% life --> non fatal hit, and so on.

Technically with "succession" being used it seems like you should be able to take a bunch of fatal hits as long as they're not in, well, succession. And if they are, then the cooldown should start.

The cooldown starts right away for me as soon as I receive the first fatal hit. I think it's strictly once per minute.
Yes, in succession *within* 60 seconds, in other words, you can't have it go off twice in 60 seconds. The timer is on after the first time it saves you.
I've been rocking UA with my SNS build and I absolutely love it. The loss of Evocation has not been a problem against packs, and I don't mind stutter freezing single targets since they only unfreeze for a split second. The ability to just facetank without fear of death is awesome, and being saved from the out of nowhere off-screen stuff that happens sometimes has been nothing short of awesome. The knockback also helps me re-position. Less deaths means faster, more efficient runs. All in all, I'm loving UA.
02/18/2013 10:38 AMPosted by jenpeezey
Yes, in succession *within* 60 seconds, in other words, you can't have it go off twice in 60 seconds. The timer is on after the first time it saves you.

Right. Well that's stupid wording on their part. It should just say "cannot occur twice within 60 seconds" and leave succession out. Or, go back to the old wording "cannot occur more than once every 60 seconds" which makes waaaay more sense to me.
The tooltips are infamous for bad wording. Apparently the D3 team has no copy editor.

Look at "adds x% to cold/poison/arcane etc." How confusing for the newly initiated. Some players still think that enhances only the named elemental skill; this topic comes up every so often.
The tooltips are infamous for bad wording. Apparently the D3 team has no copy editor.

Look at "adds x% to cold/poison/arcane etc." How confusing for the newly initiated. Some players still think that enhances only the named elemental skill; this topic comes up every so often.

Hahah that's right, I forgot all about that debacle.