Witch Doctor Spirit Barrage any good?

Witch Doctor
Prev 1 5 6 7
WDs don't scale for **** with IAS, and you know what? That doesn't bother me. You know what DOES bother me? That our class specific weapon is one of the faster weapons in the game. The thing that's annoying isn't that mana scales so poorly with IAS, it's that the class MOST likely to use giant two handed weapons, the one that gets MOST benefit from a skorn, is the WD. That just seems silly to me. Barbarian's are running around with daggers and my WD is carrying a giant legendary two handed axe...
That is kind of funny Guybrush. :)
yes...that was kinda funny lol
All this PvP talk is complete rubbish

This has nothing to do with balancing PvP...

It has everything to do with WD asking for buff to mana regeneration so they can be OP in PvE and PvP...

You can't be king of PvP and PvE...

Posted by fabbyhunter
I would argue that buffing mana regen would have very little affect on PvP, but it would help at higher MP farming.

My point exactly... WD is OP in PvP and now you want to best in PvE as well??? You can't have it both ways... Roll another class if you want to farm higher mp with efficiency and ease. I have to roll a WD to dominate in PvP...

I would like for you to try and make an average WD and i'll bet you suck at PVP with it.

You have to understand something about WD,. Anyone over 150k DPS is not your average WD and PVP docs with 100k HP's and 3 million EHP are geared specifically to kick your butt.

You're getting well into the top 1500 WD's in the states and likely the top 1000 playable WD's in the world at that point. I am talking billions in gear if they where to sell it.

Many of the WD's that post on these forums are the top of the class. The average WD you keep refuring to.. is not playing WD as a main and goes back to playing what ever other class they where originally playing.

Make a WD see how easy it is to gear, then come back and talk all the trash you want.
I know that's right Jane.

Pluse I don't pvp ether though I'm not kicking anyone's ars. They would probly hand me mine.

I'm also of the mind that at the same time or right before D3 go's live on the ps3/ps4 there going to fix mana reg.

I don't think they would put a game like D3 on ps3/4 with one class that has mana reg problems when comparying to other classes.

Becouse first and formost D3 is a pve game. The pvp is a side job with Zero balancing done. And think god too becouse this is not wow.

Wow pvp kills wow pve and at the same bloody time wow pve kills wow pvp. Normaly it's pvp that kills pve but there have been some rare times that it was the other way around too.
lol...this thread is still alive about WD's prowess in PvP.

@Jane, those are some very good points. Many people posting here are not your avg WD. We are more the enthusiasts of this class. Unfortunately, someone here doesn't know how to play barb, so they complain about other classes instead of learning how to PvP their own class.

@barabass, just so you know...I pvp'ed a barb last night with 108k life, 34block SS, 11k armor with shout, 600 ar, and about 90k dps. He was very hard to take down. If it wasn't for Spirit Vessel, he would have beat me a few times.It was a very tough fight...a grind. Eventually, i did take him down, but it was about a good 15 mins. Learn your own class before you start QQ'ing
So yeah, uhm... Spirit Barrage...
I'm a big fan of spirt barrage ever since the first well of souls buff. My current all around build consist of http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#gfdXUT!cfT!ZccYZc.
I'm a big fan of spirt barrage ever since the first well of souls buff. My current all around build consist of
us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#gfdXUT!cfT!ZccYZc.

solid build! I used a similar build eariler today at MP7. I used the SA passive instead of GI but it was the same otherwise. Very solid
02/22/2013 08:49 PMPosted by Guybrush
WDs don't scale for **** with IAS, and you know what? That doesn't bother me. You know what DOES bother me? That our class specific weapon is one of the faster weapons in the game. The thing that's annoying isn't that mana scales so poorly with IAS, it's that the class MOST likely to use giant two handed weapons, the one that gets MOST benefit from a skorn, is the WD. That just seems silly to me. Barbarian's are running around with daggers and my WD is carrying a giant legendary two handed axe...

Lol... It reminds me of my friend playing barb, where his IAS at 3.5+ dps on paper 250k on a barb. And yes is funny to see him running around w dagger n EF bashing mobs in which he hit an elite almost 3 time then only my zombie bear reach the target.

Well, a barb w such speed and damage, technically overruled all classes. I think.

Hahaha sorry TS again. I will go try SB later see if it any good... Then ill let u know.
I have always thought that having the "LMB" attacks cost zero mana, increase mana (re)generation or give a percent of mana pool would solve the issues that come from casting spells with high mana costs or having too much IAS items that drain you too quickly.
Although I only started my WD very recently, it seems odd that there aren't any ways to effectively increase your mana pool or mana (re)generation that don't feel as if you are losing out on something necessary to your build.
Best WD skill.

1.) spirit walk - jaunt
2.) soul harvest - languish
3.) piranhas - piranhado
4.) voodoo - slam dance
Left click.) spirit barrage - well of souls
Right click.) haunt - draining spirit

Passives
Rush of essence
Pierce the veil
Spirit vessel
Grave injustice.