Phat's budget Double Nado and Gear Reference

Barbarian
Prev 1 13 14 15 25 Next
Hey phat, i upgraded my gear a bit, lost a bit of health losing the blackthorne but my dps went up. any other suggestions for upgrades?

And also how come maces are better than axes? see an axe that is pretty good, but not sure if i should get it or not.
Hey phat, i upgraded my gear a bit, lost a bit of health losing the blackthorne but my dps went up. any other suggestions for upgrades?

And also how come maces are better than axes? see an axe that is pretty good, but not sure if i should get it or not.

start crafting vit shoulders and shoot for 500 total stats +ar. you need more vit so you can flip your gems to str.

I would consider working an SOJ into the set. This will require getting some trifecta gloves. That way you can keep the CD on your ring.

Save up for a socket EF and a big mh.

answer to your axe question: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8088289584#12
I was wondering if anyone here could suggest what to upgrade first for my gear... I was thinking Mace/EF, or just EF, but am not sure that's the best place for my money. I've got about 10 mil to spend. Appreciate any help I can get, am new back to the game and still figuring out how to gear properly.
Hey Phat and xxxkan and Pri,
I had some advice from you guys, and it has helped me a lot. I enjoy checking this thread for the little gems of wisdoms, even if the advice is not for my toon.

Just wanna say thank you very much for your advice to all of us budding WW barbs.
Your patience and dedication is impressive and admirable.

Cheers.

No problemo bud...glad to help. :)
03/05/2013 04:34 PMPosted by Revith
I was wondering if anyone here could suggest what to upgrade first for my gear... I was thinking Mace/EF, or just EF, but am not sure that's the best place for my money. I've got about 10 mil to spend. Appreciate any help I can get, am new back to the game and still figuring out how to gear properly.

I would get a cheap placeholder ef like i describe in post#3 and spend the rest on shoring up your vit. 25k hp wont work in mid mp.

Bt chest/pants work well for this. I also think rares with big vit/ar/sockets also work. I would also go IK2 with the boots. i would look for 130ish vit and standard str boots.
03/05/2013 04:34 PMPosted by Revith

What are your goals? Currently you biggest issues is not weapons. Your core health pieces shoulders, chest, and legs need more vit and AR. Look at improving your health prior to gaining any more DPS as you will be stuck in low level MPs for quite some time if you don't build both.

EDIT: Correction...more vit then AR. AR is okay.
Wondering if you guys could take a look at me again. I may be at the point where upgrades are really expensive. Currently at 483645 eHP and 1527209 tDPS vs Elites. Was able to solo mp8 ubers pretty easily (haven't tried mp9). I think the goal is mp10 ubers then I may be satisfied :)

My fully buffed d3rawr for easy access: http://www.d3rawr.com/d-nw101
I can't face tank SK+Mahgda in mp10 with HoTA... Wonder if its because my eHP or dps. Normally I use OP:KS. Maybe I should use Crushing Advance.
Phat, give me advice too what to up upgrade next :)
Wondering if you guys could take a look at me again. I may be at the point where upgrades are really expensive. Currently at 483645 eHP and 1527209 tDPS vs Elites. Was able to solo mp8 ubers pretty easily (haven't tried mp9). I think the goal is mp10 ubers then I may be satisfied :)

Should keep crafting to get trifecta gloves. Only because it might free your offhand ring for a cc/cd unity or something cooler...

Upgrade gems in weapon to max...free 20 CD.

At some point you should look at upgrading those ICs...I know they won't be cheap, but if you are going to have sub 200 roll str, you should should have upwards of 120 vit to balance it out.

Also why do you have 3 slots for LS? That EF is a bit of a waste for you if you are running with bloodthirst. Maybe you were doing ubers and wanted some extra LS love? Regardless, that EF is a waste for you if you are planning on staying with IK belt. Consider upgrading it to a str/cd/os one...

03/05/2013 10:31 PMPosted by xxxkan
I can't face tank SK+Mahgda in mp10 with HoTA... Wonder if its because my eHP or dps. Normally I use OP:KS. Maybe I should use Crushing Advance.

That would be a start, but I can't see you facing with that setup. HoTA alternates damage between mh/oh. Your OH EF might just be too low of a DPS to work.

Also what is up with those shoulders? No luck crafting shoulders of vit that can beat those???

03/05/2013 10:39 PMPosted by KingArthur
Phat, give me advice too what to up upgrade next :)

Me thinks me smells a troll....

lol..nice way to fish for compliments. Nice barb homie..
Yea never have been lucky with crafting lol. Best one I crafted have like 210str and around 100 vit. Vit shoulders wise, never gotten anything above 150 str.

As for the EF... My budget doesn't permit me to get a high dps one haha.

Wonder if Phat uses HoTA for ubers. His EF is similar to mine in a way.
Pri ur wiz is coming along really nice! Which breakpoint are u aiming for?

Just remembered I have my old EF that I could use for ubers instead. No crit+sock but the average damage is higher.
I need some advice on how to improve my barb. I play mostly self found gears. Only few pieces of gear from my wizard and barb is from GAH. I'm thinking if swaping my gears around. Here are some of the gears I have which I think might help...
http://s13.postimage.org/u1fboy9hj/diablo_gear_items.jpg

I find it hard to increase my damage and still maintian AIS and EHP... And my current DPS just too low go anything above MP6.

Hopefing to get some ideas from the pro to help me out here :)
Hey, I just booted D3 back up after I don't know how long, 6-9 months? Been reading through the thread but my gear is well below most people's here. I am assuming I should be purchasing an EF first? I have 3M in the bank.

Suggestions?

Thanks
I need some advice on how to improve my barb. I play mostly self found gears. Only few pieces of gear from my wizard and barb is from GAH. I'm thinking if swaping my gears around. Here are some of the gears I have which I think might help...
http://s13.postimage.org/u1fboy9hj/diablo_gear_items.jpg

I find it hard to increase my damage and still maintian AIS and EHP... And my current DPS just too low go anything above MP6.

Hopefing to get some ideas from the pro to help me out here :)

i opened that jpg and there are too many things to look at. Maybe another kind soul will spend the time to actually inspect all those items. I'm just going to comment on your profile.

You have 1 too many slots of IAS. I would drop your ammy for one with cc/cd. You are missing a huge chunk of CC on that slot.

Alternatively, you could work an SOJ into the mix by swapping it with the hellfire since it doesnt have CC. You are below 25cc on gear which i think is the minimum. I wouldnt swap the rare ring out since that will drop you even to lower cc.

I would also craft vit shoulders and keep doing it until you get ar + 500+ combined str/vit/life% where 1 life% = 8vit.

If you buy anything from the AH it should be weapons. Your EF has no crit or LS on it. It's essentially a wasted slot. Your MH as no str or crit. You should focus on maxing dps on the MH since thats what determines how hard your sprint nados hit. For this reason, I don't like sacrificing weapon damage for LS on the MH.

03/06/2013 08:52 AMPosted by Warstoned
Hey, I just booted D3 back up after I don't know how long, 6-9 months? Been reading through the thread but my gear is well below most people's here. I am assuming I should be purchasing an EF first? I have 3M in the bank.

With just a cursory review, you need a complete overhaul. You need more cc/ias and weapons. You also need 24 move speed. Nived is doing good work gearing barbs with small budgets. I don't really have the time to gear people anymore. With the new patch, I'm busy grinding again. Look for his thread, and I'm sure he'll help you out. Otherwise, there are plenty of other knowledgeable barbs that will help.
Hi Phat do you think i should benefit from having greater attack speed or more crit damage looking at my gear.Thank you very much for all your threads.
03/06/2013 09:26 AMPosted by Raxephon
Hi Phat do you think i should benefit from having greater attack speed or more crit damage looking at my gear.Thank you very much for all your threads.

Only place to get more CD is your OH but you will lose LS. Adding 1 more slot of iAS, however, will push you into the next breakpoint on both weapons. You have 2 slots where you can do this, ammy and gloves. I would craft my brains out going for trifecta here unless you have billions to spend on each slot, then just buy them. If you cant get IAS on both these slots AND use an soj, that would be absolutely bananas.
Thank you so much for the reply. I didn't know about needing 25CC on my gear. Guess I will try crafting hellfire ring again to get one with CC. I do have 3 SOJ in my stash... 2 BARB soj with 26% against elite. One wizard SOJ does 28% to elite. Will I better off using one of these?

As for amulet. I do have a few amulet which has CC & CD. But my sheet DPS actually drop a few K when replacing current amulet (and maybe lose some RA). Should I do that? Or should wait until I craft one with CC/CD/RA then replace the current amulet?

I wasn't using this EF until recently. I used to use a mighty weapon with 1K DPS, CD, 190 STR and OS. Would it be better idea to use this weapon and keep the AIS gear I have now? I also have LS EF (granded, no OS or CD) in the stash, which I'm thinking if its worth to use it as off hand, and use both inna and lacuni (5.5 CC) and swap my boot with Ice climber (no MS, but 196 STR, 80 RA, 595 armour, 11% life). Or pair with WH (167 STR, 9% AIS, 37 CD).
Thank you so much for the reply. I didn't know about needing 25CC on my gear. Guess I will try crafting hellfire ring again to get one with CC. I do have 3 SOJ in my stash... 2 BARB soj with 26% against elite. One wizard SOJ does 28% to elite. Will I better off using one of these?

As for amulet. I do have a few amulet which has CC & CD. But my sheet DPS actually drop a few K when replacing current amulet (and maybe lose some RA). Should I do that? Or should wait until I craft one with CC/CD/RA then replace the current amulet?

I wasn't using this EF until recently. I used to use a mighty weapon with 1K DPS, CD, 190 STR and OS. Would it be better idea to use this weapon and keep the AIS gear I have now? I also have LS EF (granded, no OS or CD) in the stash, which I'm thinking if its worth to use it as off hand, and use both inna and lacuni (5.5 CC) and swap my boot with Ice climber (no MS, but 196 STR, 80 RA, 595 armour, 11% life). Or pair with WH (167 STR, 9% AIS, 37 CD).

Best thing for you is to learn how to use d3rawr.com/d

You are presenting too many options and d3rawr is the best way to see what options give best tdps.
03/05/2013 11:43 PMPosted by xxxkan
Pri ur wiz is coming along really nice! Which breakpoint are u aiming for?

2.73. Utility build with permafreeze and 200K dps with good EHP. %#$ glass cannons.

EHP cannon ftw.