Phat's budget Double Nado and Gear Reference

Barbarian
Prev 1 2 3 25 Next
@Crooks - I am confused by your WC rune. I'm sure you like the additional fury but I think you're going about it the wrong way. The fury gained from your BR rune via critical hits synergies perfectly with Overpower: Killing Spree and maintaining permawrath.

I would suggest doing one of two things with WC:

1. If your survivability is bad I'd change the WC rune to Impunity.

2. If your survivability is manageable definitely drop WC for OP: KS.

EDIT: Yes, get a cheap SoJ, I have a non-barb one myself. Obviously cold is what you want. You can sort in the AH list by bonus vs elite so get the most dmg you can for the money. You can afford to lose the 4% CC on your MH ring.
02/19/2013 11:25 PMPosted by Kuma
But like I said, I know that ubers at mp10 will be a lot harded, and singler target dps is much more important. What's a good skill set up to go by, and what gear improvements should I make according to it?

You seem to have a couple of questions. First off, the best single target dps build right now is HoTA/rend hands down. Personally I think that if you are interested in doing MP10 ubers and Farming MP10 that those gear sets should be independent.

Hota/Rend (single target) is most efficient with a two-handed skorn set up whilst stacking IAS/CC/CD.

Whirlwind (traditional farm) is most efficient with dual weilding. The dual wield weapons may vary, but nobody will dispute this outside of very very high end hota barbs that are criting at 2-3 million.

If you are interested in HotA/rend, there are way better sources than myself to help you with that. If you go to the main page and read through the top sticky, you should find the core synergies and ideal builds for HR build.

For whirlwind, we can help you here no problem.

Problems you will need to address before being able to transition into higher MPs:

1) Core EHP is weak. EHP should be housed primarily on you shoulders, chest, pants and some combination of your belt and boots. Currently you are sitting at 33K life. This level of life will not allow you to sustain a hit at MP8 or higher from a trash mob (maybe some trash mobs). You have to get your core stats up (STR/VIT/AR) first before even considering weapon changes. The IK chest you have is possibly the worst roll for a IK chest so consider upgrading that to one with higher STR/VIT. I don't like your inna's selection of a str/dex roll. Personally I think that str can be made up in other pieces where as vitality needs to sit on pants. I would switch those out for high vit roll innas as that will give you the best true EHP boost. Please start crafting shoulders of vitality. You should be able to replace those wards within a decent number of crafts.

2) Inefficient stacking of IAS. You have stacked attack speed in the most inefficient method possible. You have stacked 4 pieces with 8% and have random attack speed on your rings. I want to check your wrath break points, but D3rawr.com is messed up for me right now. I would suggest to look at getting at least two pieces with 9% IAS and 2 with 8%IAS and lose all of the additional IAS for CC/CD. But why? Once you move to a more cookie cutter whirlwind buiild (if that is what you desire) you will need to switch your skills to match mine and most other ww barbs on this forum. See sticky topic on main page for more info.

3) Movement Speed. Kan is right that 24% movement speed is pretty much a requirement for ww barbs. Only because of the mobility it brings to maintain permanent WoTB between packs. It used to be because you drop an extra tornado at 24% MS...but all of my testing as of late seems that was ninja nerfed or unintentionally nerfed in the last patch. The only way I drop more than 4 now is if I pick up a fleeting shrine.

Regardless you have a bit of work in front of you.

Please do not make the DPS race your priority. Gear for survivability and DPS will come as you level, get more gold, and have better weapon selection/jewelry. Focus on your core EHP as that is what will truly be your barrier to higher MPs.
02/20/2013 08:19 AMPosted by Crooks
edit: Also, should I get a cheap SoJ?

SoJ should honestly be one of the last upgrades. In order to use an SoJ effectively you should have a fair amount of dps and eHP from your other slots. For now I would just bring ur all res up and hp. Ultimately you will need to use str gems instead of vit unless you plan on going to pvp.
A great you made a new one :D Then we can take the Gearing tips in hear instead Pri!

What you think about my changes so far? Whent with IK helm, but changed back to a better Mempo and IK gloves instead..... Crafted a good AMU yesterday... atleast DPS wise... no vit or All res tho.....

MP8 Ubers is no problem and was no problem before to even without change Skills... never been a big fan of changing skills to play higher mps/ubers! Standard and EASY :D

One question ive been asking is about the SOJ .... its a 6% cold dmg 29% bonus and 7% more CC on overpower.... IS it a good barb soj or would you try to farm AH for one with same stats but more CC on WW or bash dmg or something?
02/20/2013 10:31 AMPosted by sLoTh
One question ive been asking is about the SOJ .... its a 6% cold dmg 29% bonus and 7% more CC on overpower.... IS it a good barb soj or would you try to farm AH for one with same stats but more CC on WW or bash dmg or something?

Thats a nice SoJ... I wanted to buy one similar to that the other day except with 26% bonus. In my opinion, I would put cc on ww/HoTA/bash SoJs at the lowest of the priority list.
Hmm now i know why the prices thats said in here aint even close to be same like for me.... iam in wrong part of the world :D EU prices are way higher then wats describeb in here.... And thats why we cant ad each other ingame..... the EF you guys speaking about find for 5m is like 25 in here :D

Thats why its so damn expesive to upgrade hehe.....

Made a choice to try without the SOJ for XP runs now.... traded a pair of 25m Gloves (150stre 100vit 7as 32cd 8cc) for a the Unity thats equiped now and 25M :D that made my night hehe only the Unity over here is worth 40-60m :D
What should I upgrade next? I only have around 20m now and not sure which upgrade would get me the most bang for the buck?

Thanks!
02/20/2013 10:31 AMPosted by sLoTh
What you think about my changes so far?

Looking good. I think you could really upgrade your weapons. I don't like the IAS on the main hand...not really for the ias but the fact that it is included in the dps calculations for the MH. Try to get a mace in the 600-1200 range. Also it's about that time where you need to invest in LS ef with socket to boost your CD. You can get an easy 50 cd boost just there alone.

Since you went with IK glove/chest combo for AR boost, I would suggest looking into an AR witching hour. You need one more slot of AR somewhere and since gloves are out of the question I would consider the belt. AR in that slot would give you a pure EHP gain as you have no vit or % life bonus to sacrifice.

Looks like you are making great progress.
02/20/2013 01:09 PMPosted by sLoTh
night hehe only the Unity over here is worth 40-60m :D

That Unity was 40-60m!? Doesnt even have crit damage wow lol.

What should I upgrade next? I only have around 20m now and not sure which upgrade would get me the most bang for the buck?

Thanks!

Definitely look for a new ring to replace the hellfire. Generally if you are using EF you should look for one with .24+ attacks per second and then accompany it by having 9/9/8/8 slots of atk speed, so that you can hit the 2.5 breakpoint buffed. Since yours is .23 you will need another slot of attack speed to hit that breakpoint. Another cheap upgrade that can be made would be the shoulders for sure.
02/20/2013 01:17 PMPosted by Youngster

1) Craft shoulders of vitality. You should get an easy cheap upgrade to your current vile wards which stack absolutely no EHP benefits outside of the AR.

2) Those gloves are no bueno. Craft some gauntlets of strength. Something tells me you will get a very quick upgrade to those gloves.

3) Ditch that echoing fury and get one with LS and at least .24 APS bonuses. If you can afford it get it with a socket or some bonus CD as well. This will get you to the 2.5 breakpoint in wrath which will increase your tDPS.
Pri is right, crafting is the way to go nowadays. I just don't suggest it for people because of how luck is involved. However, I would listen to pri and craft a few before looking for upgrades in the AH. You can also buy some cheap temporary upgrades for farming DE.
@xxxkan its wrong ring :D it has cc and cd for sure otherwise its not worth that much ;) I just changed because playing with friend on hihger mp so i wanted the SOJ and the Unity with All res
@Pri i will loook in to the weapons, ive been looking on a EF with life steal and socket but its extremly expensive... would a EF on 8-950dps still give me a boost more then the one i have now? the damn d3rawr shiet i hate,,, cant calculate a dice....
02/20/2013 02:31 PMPosted by xxxkan
I just don't suggest it for people because of how luck is involved.

Very true kan...some people don't like the randomness. That being said, however, there is a lot of room of improvement in those two pieces for him.

He will easily be able to craft gloves and shoulders. If he had low roll trifecta gloves or low roll shoulders with the right stats, I probably would not recommend crafting. But in his case, he should be able to craft upgrades no problem. Especially when it comes to those gloves.
and again @Pri... i bought the one with attack speed because i thought if a 1.2 or 1.3 mace it would be to slow for the 2.5 ATS
@Pri again :D you could ad me on skype, daniel.didrikson to make the "chat" help more easy :D
02/20/2013 02:51 PMPosted by sLoTh
would a EF on 8-950dps still give me a boost more then the one i have now?

An EF with 500-800 avg damage (950 dps approx) with exact same stats except a socket instead of CD with a 90% gem would cause you to break even. You would neither gain nor lose anything (waste of cash).
02/20/2013 02:55 PMPosted by sLoTh
and again @Pri... i bought the one with attack speed because i thought if a 1.2 or 1.3 mace it would be to slow for the 2.5 ATS

With two slots of 9 ias and 2 slots of 8 ias (which I think you have, a 1.2 aps mace is perfect to hit 2.5 breakpoint with a .24 aps EF.

02/20/2013 03:05 PMPosted by sLoTh
@Pri again :D you could ad me on skype, daniel.didrikson to make the "chat" help more easy :D

I don't really use skype. :( My headset sucks butt lol.
@Pri Bought a new mace now it gave me 2k dps and some life on hit! Couldnt afford better right now :D And about skype i was more for the chat thing on skype then the speaking :D
Back at you there... a better EF with lifesteal and stre in the EU AH is about 150-4b :D not my pricerate right now

How about the SOJ for mp3-4 xp farming? Worth it on the Elitepacks or better to go with the unity with CC CD? and a normal ring with AS CC av dmg and all res? Or Unity with All res?