So what's the best DE farming route? Discuss

Wizard
I get five nv on keeps 1/3 then sky crown keeps 2 and kill gohm on mp 8

Seems decent but what y'all doing.
Act 2 vault of assasins on mp3 with archon, get 2-4 essences per run on average. Takes no time at all.
vote, mine, road or mine, vota, road(forced to exit mine at wp) or vote, road, mine is best for me solo mp6. I run it with a 2 teleport reduction and evocation and skip whites / only use them to teleport. Gets boring thou i have farmed over 300 essence so far. I end up doing mp8 in groups and run electrify instead and kill whites along the way.
Been doing vota, mine, road, on MP5 as Archon, and MP1 as TR Monk, and both are very successful.
Vault. Skip trash, kill elites and goblins, repeat ad nauseam. Craft items then say "Aw, damn" after each.
VotA on MP4 for the most part. Sometimes I'll also do mine, road, and sewers, but not often.

I do something similar to RulerEric, but with a different build. I just throw a Blizzard and/or a Meteor Shower on top of packs of white mobs and keep running to the next elite pack. A lot of the time my Teleport: Wormhole cooldown is reset doing this, and sometimes they'll hit me as I run past which procs Scramble. So I'll run until Scramble wears off, then Wormhole x4. It's stupid fast farming.
what is vota?
Everyone seems do vault of the assassin
I get five nv on keeps 1/3 then sky crown keeps 2 and kill gohm on mp 8

Seems decent but what y'all doing.

Mostly just curious but why kill Ghom? The patterns are so rediculously cheap on the AH that I stopped bothering with Ghom and just paid the 300k gold to get the 3 patterns I wanted. That opens up Tower 1 for some extra elites, and even the room before Azmo if you want.
RE: VotA. It's the most number of elite mobs in such a small area. There are always at least 6 elite packs there, and sometimes there are like 9-10 (or seems like it anyhow). And you can clear it in under 5 minutes.
02/16/2013 07:14 PMPosted by JellzRoc
Everyone seems do vault of the assassin

Because in and out, resume game over and over.
Quick q for those of you doing VOTA - I've done a good amount of farming on just about every mp level in this map too and I still can't decide on what's better, archon or cmwiz? :) Any thoughts? So far I'm leaning towards cmwiz at mid mp (b/c teleport wormhole is just that much faster than archon).
Warrior's Rest works for me. Boring as all hell but no NV to stack, fast repeats and you can even use archon as someone on here posted last week. Can't remember who though, sorry whoever you are. :)
02/16/2013 08:27 PMPosted by Zaksa
Warrior's Rest works for me. Boring as all hell but no NV to stack, fast repeats and you can even use archon as someone on here posted last week. Can't remember who though, sorry whoever you are. :)

How many essences do you get per hour?
cemetery (3-4 stacks), festering (3-4), K/W ( and 3-4 in oasis)
Just tightened up my Warrior's Rest run (only picking up a few yellows, ignoring most gold) here are the results:

MP9
35 minutes to fill up my bag
24 elites
Actual DE: 10
Expected DE: 8.5
(Four legendaries)

That works out to 41 elites/hour and 14.6 DE/hour.
I've been running Warrior's Rest (yes, checkpoint portal in, kill, leave game), and it just doesn't seem like demonic essences are dropping as much as in Vault.
Still seems like vota is the consensus best spot
Vota mp4..I've averaged 28 an hour over 5 hours of running....
02/17/2013 12:42 PMPosted by Vikesfan353
Vota mp4..I've averaged 28 an hour over 5 hours of running....

Well, holy energizer bunny.