I love that D3 is coming to my PS3!!!

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 10 Next
well good luck paying another 60 bucks to play the same game
No response from the CM if there will be single player offline play? :(

That's all he need to answer for now really.
02/25/2013 02:59 PMPosted by Vaeflare
there are currently no plans to allow connectivity between PlayStation Network and Battle.net

That's good news.
@Topstock. I only heard local coop and a Freudan slip saying offline but I did not hear single player offline that's why I want to hear it from the CM himself.
can't transfer char's over? no point in buying lol.. the only selling feature this had for me was to play my d3 in my living room. If I can't use my battle.net chars its pointless.
Vaeflare, do you have an ETA on when we can expect some developer discussion on how the console version of Diablo 3 will affect future PC design? i.e. Adding controller support to the PC, clarification whether we can expect an offline feature similar to the console version, cross-platform play, etc

While we think cross-platform play would be awesome, there are currently no plans to allow connectivity between PlayStation Network and Battle.net (this is pretty standard for most games that have PC and console support). As a result, the characters on your Battle.net account and PlayStation account will also remain separate.

In terms of allowing an analog controller hookup for the PC, we don’t have any plans for that kind of support right now. Similarly, since Diablo III for console was designed with a controller in mind, the PlayStation version of Diablo III will not support USB mice or keyboards.

So no option for even a one way 'import' of my b.net character for use on my playstation? ...deal breaker...
I don't know what this is a surprise to anyone. Of course you will have to purchase additional items on the Playstation RMAH instead of importing your character.
I think it's great that they are making a console version as well, I'm only disappointed that it's only been announced for Playstation thus far, and not Xbox. I prefer Xbox Live and the Xbox controller over PSN and the Playstation controller by a landslide. I hope they are waiting for the new Xbox to be officially announced before they say that they are making it for Xbox too, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

I love PC gaming but the comfort of using a controller and sitting on my couch is far superior to using a keyboard/mouse and sitting at my computer desk. Once they are able to make really good ARPG's and MMO's for console, I'll probably give up PC gaming altogether. The problem is, thus far they haven't been able to nail down the control schemes for console that well(Torchlight and DCUO were good starts for both of those genres on console but there's still a whole lot they could improve upon).

They could work on communication as well. One of the big issues with DCUO on Playstation was that it was very difficult to communicate with other players unless you had a bluetooth keyboard. A nice voice-to-text system could take care of that though(you can't just use voice chat in an MMO, it would be complete chaos if everyone in general chat was talking at once).

Once ARPG's, MMO's and RTS games(the vast majority of PC only titles nowadays) are able to be played really easily on console, PC gaming is going to come to an end. Hell, PC's in general are going to come to an end because people will be using their phones/tablets/consoles for everything a PC can do. It's only a matter of time and improving the technology.
02/25/2013 06:00 PMPosted by KeyserSöze
I don't know what this is a surprise to anyone. Of course you will have to purchase additional items on the Playstation RMAH instead of importing your character.

There are very few if any games where purchasing one version would give you access to the other. I know I haven't heard of any.
02/25/2013 02:59 PMPosted by Vaeflare
While we think cross-platform play would be awesome, there are currently no plans to allow connectivity between PlayStation Network and Battle.net (this is pretty standard for most games that have PC and console support). As a result, the characters on your Battle.net account and PlayStation account will also remain separate.

Is there any possibility you guys could reconsider? I would actually prefer to play on my PS3, but I also don't want to lose my current characters.

I don't know anything about programming, but would it be that difficult to bring both versions together?

EDIT:

02/25/2013 06:11 PMPosted by Ryaskybird

There are very few if any games where purchasing one version would give you access to the other. I know I haven't heard of any.

Though I haven't played it, people said FF 11 was like that, so there's an example that it's possible.

Many Playstation titles are like this.

Wipeout and Playstation Allstars to name a few. Both give you the Vita Version and the PS3 version for one price.

It's a much better model overall for those of us with many devices. I dislike buying the same game twice just to play it on a smaller screen.
MVP FAQ: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4038704716#2
02/25/2013 06:24 PMPosted by Drothvader

Many Playstation titles are like this.

Wipeout and Playstation Allstars to name a few. Both give you the Vita Version and the PS3 version for one price.

It's a much better model overall for those of us with many devices. I dislike buying the same game twice just to play it on a smaller screen.

Eh, I know that with the games I play, I have to be very careful that I select the appropriate version when purchasing. But then I mainly play RPGs.
Damn, I wish the CM or Blizzard will make some news about offline play.