can anyone confirm the following

General Discussion
Depends on how the game is feeling

I have been on the same screen with 5 nv stacks and elite pack dropped nothing for me, was happening once a night for awhile, usually in the tower of the damned. My monk friend told me it was impossible, he was standing on top of where the loot dropped, i took a screen shot and low and behold, he believed from then on.

Still happens once in awhile but not as much as it was in 1.0.6
Can WW barbs still gain the experience if they inflict damage, but are out of range? I like to kite past the mobs and leave my allies picking up the pieces.
02/27/2013 06:32 PMPosted by TheFunGun21
Can WW barbs still gain the experience if they inflict damage, but are out of range? I like to kite past the mobs and leave my allies picking up the pieces.

Whirl away to your heart’s content, my friend! As long as you either are within range of a monster when it dies or you inflict damage upon the beast in combat, you should be eligible for loot and experience. :)
02/27/2013 07:43 PMPosted by Vaeflare
you should be eligible for loot

Only if the barb spin back...
02/27/2013 07:43 PMPosted by Vaeflare

Whirl away to your heart’s content, my friend! As long as you either are within range of a monster when it dies or you inflict damage upon the beast in combat, you should be eligible for loot and experience. :)

is this why i sometimes still get loot drops from an elite even if he dies before i can port back down? because i put damage on him previously?
you should really cahnge this so that as long as you can see someone in the minimap you get the xp/drops from it. OR put the circle of effect as a graphic overlay on the minimap.. its more conducive to power leveling.

also, that is why i hate ww barbs in party that run ahead.
02/27/2013 08:08 PMPosted by pigeonspank

is this why i sometimes still get loot drops from an elite even if he dies before i can port back down? because i put damage on him previously?

Yes this is why. If you damage a mob you are going to get loot no matter where you are when it dies, even if thats in town
man that's good to know, i always used to think i'd miss the drop so i'd try to hurry back right before the last one died. now i can stop rushing, hah
This will brings up a lot babysitters to hire if need to lvl fast in monster power 10.
What about single player? I play WD, sometimes do mp0 fast exp runs. I use locust swarm, which is a 8-second dot. With >200K DPS and Skorn it always deals enough damage to melt trash mobs with only 1 cast. When mobs are on the same screen as me - it always happens. However, i usually cast it and run for next trash mob pack. With all skills run speed is upto 120% increase, so i can be very very far within 8 seconds after cast. And if i cast, run far away and then return back - there are a lot of monsters left with maybe half health remaining or so. At the same time, i quite often see the situation when i run after my locust swarm and only see it start spreading further after i appear on screen (otherwise it could clear half of Keeps2 within one cast).
This makes me think that my skills (or maybe everything what happens in single player) are limited to maybe 1.5 or 2 screens from me. And when either locust swarm spreads too far or i run away too far - it stops working.
02/26/2013 08:22 PMPosted by DarkSayain
Satisfied with 3 good drops since May!!!??? Are you crazy? In no way shape or form are you correct in how D2 farming Compares to D3. It was 1000x better than d3s current state. There were always usable items dropping and rare Godly items were still obtainable but not common place like COAs high runes, spiderweb sashes, etc. always something to look forward too. It was exciting to ID uniques in D2 where in D3 it's like.... I'm afraid to ID it cause its gonna be garbage.... Happy with 3 items......laughable.

To piggy back on this the issue is the wide range of randomness on Legendary items. In D2 you knew if you had a good legendary or set item before you id it you just did not know if it was Godly. In D3 you could have a 2bill echoing fury or a potential piece of brimstone that is no better than an ilvl 60 blue. That is the issue.
I joined a friend's game, got some items for him from my stash, teleported to him and found various gold drops from where he'd killed things before I even got to the zone.