Two glaring issues that require your ATTN

General Discussion
1.) Show ALL buffs on characters:
I play a monk, I always have a barb friend with me and there are shrines all over the damn place (sometimes 2 are literally right next to each other). Showing only 5 of the sometimes 7-8+ active buffs on my character is RIDICULOUS. Help us take your game more seriously by presenting all of the necessary information to us.

2.) Show a proper tool-tip in the AH and on message-linked items.
Very simple. We get this only when we are in a game lobby. Why? Show us the change in life, damage and protection when we click on an item from the AH or from the chat. Now, you may ask how accounts with multiple characters are handled. One little note could be added that states: "Tool-tip comparison is based on the SELECTED hero." SIMPLE. DONE. It compares the item only to the character you have used most recently. Not that hard, folks!

Thanks for your time!
Indeed, being able to see all our buffs SHOULD BE IN THE GAME ALREADY!

How is it hard to implement that?
They doing a favor, Blizzard knows players can't keep track of 5 buffs at any given time.
Indeed, being able to see all our buffs SHOULD BE IN THE GAME ALREADY!

How is it hard to implement that?

Correct!

Blue/CM, you've deleted my bump... I know you have at least seen this. A response would be greatly appreciated!
Fair enough... Nothing new on the AH tool tip issue.

Quoting Jay Wilson on #2 proves how OLD this issue is though. We should be past this by now.

***However, I do not recall a Blue EVER acknowledging issue #1. I think it is a pretty glaring issue.
I play a monk, I always have a barb friend with me and there are shrines all over the damn place (sometimes 2 are literally right next to each other). Showing only 5 of the sometimes 7-8+ active buffs on my character is RIDICULOUS. Help us take your game more seriously by presenting all of the necessary information to us.

A few months ago, I went over a bit of our philosophy surrounding why we only allow five active buffs to be viewable at any time, but I wanted to let you know what we’re still very aware of this concern. We think that it would be great to be able to view more than five of your active buffs, and we’re looking into solutions that would ensure players are able to view buffs that are important to them, while also keeping UI clutter to a minimum. Ideally, we’d like to avoid situations where a portion of your screen is overwhelmed by buff icons (for example, just having your buffs stack across the bottom of your bar) and we’re still experimenting with different ways to present that information in a format that works well for Diablo III.

Very simple. We get this only when we are in a game lobby. Why? Show us the change in life, damage and protection when we click on an item from the AH or from the chat. Now, you may ask how accounts with multiple characters are handled. One little note could be added that states: "Tool-tip comparison is based on the SELECTED hero." SIMPLE. DONE. It compares the item only to the character you have used most recently. Not that hard, folks!

Thanks for your time!

It may not sound hard, but it isn’t an easy code change. It often takes a great deal of work in order to update and alter our complex coding, and it’s actually been a notable tech investment to try to tackle this particular request for updated item comparison tooltips (which Lylirra mentioned here as well).

The good news is that we’ve been making a lot of progress, and this feature is planned for an upcoming patch. :)
The AH may hopefully be implemented into the game as well as outside. If im at town and then something sells or i get outbid etc... i bring up the AH and bid etc without slowing my mates down to much.

This address two things.

Quicker bidding and more action on the AH, and also allows you to see a gain on DPS/HP/Amour on item live in game. I dont want to log off the round to check the AH its a time waster and a hindrance to the UI for me.

The other with cluttering the UI as you said well that should be a player choice IMO, always have the option for the buffs you may or may not need on screen. Or you can have them all.
A few months ago, I went over a bit of our philosophy surrounding why we only allow five active buffs to be viewable at any time, but I wanted to let you know what we’re still very aware of this concern. We think that it would be great to be able to view more than five of your active buffs, and we’re looking into solutions that would ensure players are able to view buffs that are important to them, while also keeping UI clutter to a minimum. Ideally, we’d like to avoid situations where a portion of your screen is overwhelmed by buff icons (for example, just having your buffs stack across the bottom of your bar) and we’re still experimenting with different ways to present that information in a format that works well for Diablo III.

Not sure if this has been stated but I'd like to pitch in that it is particularly useful to see more than 5 icons, especially, say, when I use Fury + maniac in conjunction with HOTA for fury management for wotb thrive on chaos, I look ALL THE TIME at my buffs to see how many fury stacks I have and how much time is left on my berserker. It is actually crucial to my playstyle. What if you treat this issue like monster power, swapping 6 skills on different buttons, and advanced tooltip: Put an option in the menu to enable/ disable multiple buff icons (maybe have a drop down of max number of icons or something.)
02/27/2013 06:24 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We think that it would be great to be able to view more than five of your active buffs, and we’re looking into solutions that would ensure players are able to view buffs that are important to them, while also keeping UI clutter to a minimum.

Maybe in the Gameplay settings create a checkbox that allows the player to CHOOSE what he wants. Whether it be Show all buffs or show only five buffs or w/e
Thank you Blizzard. It's a good thing you know how much is considered "clutter" otherwise we'd have 8 player games where people could see all their buffs.

A few months ago, I [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6758726090?page=1#10"]went over[/url] a bit of our philosophy surrounding why we only allow five active buffs to be viewable at any time, but I wanted to let you know what we’re still very aware of this concern. We think that it would be great to be able to view more than five of your active buffs, and we’re looking into solutions that would ensure players are able to view buffs that are important to them, while also keeping UI clutter to a minimum. Ideally, we’d like to avoid situations where a portion of your screen is overwhelmed by buff icons (for example, just having your buffs stack across the bottom of your bar) and we’re still experimenting with different ways to present that information in a format that works well for Diablo III.

Thanks for your time!

It may not sound hard, but it isn’t an easy code change. It often takes a great deal of work in order to update and alter our complex coding, and it’s actually been a notable tech investment to try to tackle this particular request for updated item comparison tooltips (which Lylirra mentioned [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6369407745?page=22#440"]here[/url] as well).

The good news is that we’ve been making a lot of progress, and this feature is planned for an upcoming patch. :)

This is why D3 needs to be modable. Things that either aren't important to you at blizzard or somehow find to be too complex or insurmountable.....can seemingly be accomplished by players with ease somehow.
Why are you guys so against giving us UI customization options?

Like allowing us to Hide White/Blue items unless we hold Alt down?
Killing massive hoards of mobs while consistently clicking on white items that drop in the middle of them is irritating.

Why not have the 6th buff just appear on top of the other 5, like a second row, when it is presented.
Example:

Before: XXXXX

After X
After XXXXX

(Obviously there would be no spacing between the buffs)

The reason of saying the buffs would clutter the screen is ridiculous, people WANT to SEE those buffs for the only purpose of actually being able to see them, and if they were simply added to the previous set, people that never see more than 5 buffs would never even notice the change.

It's a constant pain trying to guess the sweeping wind cooldown when the buff isn't displayed at all.

There are hundreds of little changes to this game that wouldnt take a week for fix everyone of them, yet you skirt around the little issues because they dont seem important to you.. They add up.
It may not sound hard, but it isn’t an easy code change. It often takes a great deal of work in order to update and alter our complex coding, and it’s actually been a notable tech investment to try to tackle this particular request for updated item comparison tooltips (which Lylirra mentioned here as well).

ITS A MIRACLE, YES, YES
Now i beleive in the after life !
Come on Blizzard stop saying what is good for us and give us the option to have that UI clutter across our skill bar. Perhaps when in multiplayer give the option to hide their buffs because THAT would be a lot of clutter.

When it comes to buffs I would say players should be able to see ALL their buffs as their character is important to them.

As for comparing item while on the AH I'm surprised this still hasn't been added considering the AH has been in the game since the start.
It may not sound hard, but it isn’t an easy code change.

Word up! It's only 2013; coding 5 buffs on the HUD is already a huge accomplishment. Like any other multi-billion dollar successful company, Blizzard needs to prioritize any future game changes. This change would definitely need an entire new department to implement the displaying of additional buffs. Plus, who wants stuff all over their screen when the PS3 version hits the market?

Har.. har..

Thanks ma'am, we like these sort of direct answers - appreciate it! :)