PS3, PS4 ablity to DODGE?

General Discussion
02/26/2013 10:32 AMPosted by Valenco
Quick question about the PS3/4 version. How do spells like Blizzard work? I click a spot to cast it on. With no cursor, how do you tell it where to cast?
To tell the truth I'm loving each good news the PS players get.

Because if THEY can have it why PC can't? They are just giving us ammunition to demand the things we have been asking with more power.

GO ON PS TEAM!!! Keep doing that great job.

I suppose I could take your word for it, but I won't. I've yet to see anything like that. The underlining motive behind "always online" was to combat illegal piracy of the game. Blame the PC community for that. You can't illegally download video games from a console last I checked. A offline mode is provided because you need the actual copy of the game to play.

I don't blame you for being skeptical, but it was 100% true. I'd not have thought so either, except that a max difficulty raid boss (Crawmerax) was being close to one-shotted by obviously modded guns. It simply wasn't possible to do so with the loot-generated guns available in the game.

It was common knowledge to anyone who played serious endgame Borderlands. Gearbox Software even responded by issuing a patch which removed modded guns from the consoles, but modders quickly found a way around those measures and it was back to square one. They introduced other cheats as well, such as shields with values in the millions (as opposed to the 3500ish cap in the natural game).

This was all well-documented on the company's own forums, but I frankly don't have the time to find it. It's there, if you feel like it.

Regardless, consoles are no longer exploit-free, but most games are unaffected because only a particular breed of games seem to attract the considerable effort it takes for modders to alter the console games. I could see D3 being such a game, but time will tell.

Edit: Also, I don't think the ability to modify these games/download illegally is accomplished via the console. I'm fairly certain (again, not a tech guy) that computers are utilized to alter the coding and whatnot, and the information is simply downloaded to the console.
02/26/2013 10:32 AMPosted by Valenco
Quick question about the PS3/4 version. How do spells like Blizzard work? I click a spot to cast it on. With no cursor, how do you tell it where to cast?

Coming up at PAX East in March, we will provide more details about how we refined certain gameplay features in order to work fluidly within the analog controller-driven environments of the PlayStation version of Diablo III. We look forward to being able to dig into your gameplay questions then. :)
I've been looking for you. Any confirmation of single player offline for ps3/ps4?
02/26/2013 01:12 PMPosted by Edge
I've been looking for you. Any confirmation of single player offline for ps3/ps4?

What do you mean? It's already been confirmed. A 5 second google search yielded this, among many others...

http://gematsu.com/2013/02/diablo-iii-has-offline-play-on-playstation

It is not a confirmation.

All the characters will still be stored server side, so connection will be required.

By "offline" they meant sitting in a single room and playing together.
That's why I need confirmation. Is there single player offline?????
Hate game company and their game with a passion

[Picture of OP]

Plays it for hundreds of hours
02/26/2013 11:02 AMPosted by papadanko

Well sacred 2 on ps3 is a arpg and has skills like in d3.
I would quess that the left analog stick is for movement, and the right analog stick has a aim ability.

and about single player offline, i think it is 100% offline:

Players will be able to wage war against the Burning Hells on their own in single-player games as well as team up and destroy countless demons with their fellow Nephalem in multiplayer games. For multiplayer, players will have the option to choose between four-player online (complete with matchmaking) and four-player local co-op modes for their couch-based warfare.

if there is local co-op i quess there is a 100% offline single payer mode.
Are you serous, you are going to give console the true combat version with a dodge capability along with better movement overall. Are you say Screw You to the 10million copys that got this POS company the financial structure you have now. Money HUNGRY? scum...

says the DH using Vault ROFL

My original point was in reference to gameplay. This is why DIII is "always online," so you didn't have to. I'm clarifying for you and any other confused nerds.

Dude your so dumb, quit kidding yourself. The post is not even about the crossplatform, or offline play. Its about the games combat mechanics. Just read the article I linked from Gameinformer. And stop acting like you know what u write in these forums cause you don't.

You're*
The console version should control exactly like Pikmin.
Sigh no confirmation from the CM about offline single player for the console versions.
02/26/2013 12:33 PMPosted by Vaeflare

Coming up at PAX East in March, we will provide more details about how we refined certain gameplay features in order to work fluidly within the analog controller-driven environments of the PlayStation version of Diablo III. We look forward to being able to dig into your gameplay questions then. :)

How about this:
You press AND HOLD DOWN the button for blizzard.
Your character stops moving (if your are currently moving)
The cursor turns into a target area where the blizzard will hit. You can move it around the screen.
You release the button for blizzard and it casts where you want it to.
02/26/2013 12:33 PMPosted by Vaeflare

Will the PC versions of Diablo 3 get some of the changes done to the PS3/4 games?
02/26/2013 03:17 PMPosted by Zen
The console version should control exactly like Pikmin.

Mmm, bonus points if it's New Control Style...

Dreaming aside, I would like to see the right analogue stick move a targeting reticule around the screen with 1:1 mapping of movement, not joystick-style speed and direction which would be too slow.

Maybe the default position of the reticule would be a few yards out directly in front of the char, since we are already used to attack/move. That way, you could (mostly) choose attack direction with the left stick, then fine tune it with the right.
02/26/2013 05:07 PMPosted by DeMasked

Will the PC versions of Diablo 3 get some of the changes done to the PS3/4 games?
if the pc version dont Jay wilson lied, and i loose a little bit of trust with Blizzard
A button for doing a little dodge/roll would be awesome. Like DH Vault, but without the damage carpet. If it's real, I hope it comes to PC.