Item blog is out. What are your thoughts?

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 16 Next
I nominate Travis Day for Game Director.

Edit: Assuming they successfully implement all the changes he mentioned. :-)
I nominate today, 6 March as Travis Day Day.
its time to savl all ur legs now
Blizzard, whatever you're paying Travis Day, double it!!
As I stated thank you Travis for the upcoming changes... Keep up the changes it will make D3 original from its two preccedor... make the Legendary items up to par with us players the hardcore players who will spend years on D3. Yet please also give us monster density we want monster swarming us from all directions this way we can truely test out the changes thatyou will introduce. If the game is too hard for the casual players it is allright cause they have the mp to select. Also if there a way your dev team can changes the mood of each act or events make the area truely dark at certain area or devilish red as we approach A Boss.. i am just bring up ideas just like others players..keep up the work it is going in the right direction thus far so as a D@D gamer D3 has finally taken the step forward on its adventure.
got a question how would you get a lvl 63 items? From what act and mp?
03/05/2013 08:37 PMPosted by CentaurusXVI
got a question how would you get a lvl 63 items? From what act and mp?

Having Monster Power enabled period in Inferno makes all monsters level 63.
So all mp from 0 to 10 in inferno will giveme lvl 63 legends? So mp is only for how challenging you want the game ?
03/05/2013 08:47 PMPosted by CentaurusXVI
So all mp from 0 to 10 in inferno will giveme lvl 63 legends? So mp is only for how challenging you want the game ?

MP0 - Act 3+ will be lvl 63.
MP1+ - everything is lvl 63.
I dunno. It's hard to explain, but I just want tighter progression.

In past Diablo's, progression felt like an incremental march towards the top. Sure, the items you were wearing were junk compared to the best, but it still didn't feel like it. But with every drop and every trade you felt like you were getting closer to those flawless items everyone wanted, but in all likelihood would never get because they were so rare.

Has the AH changed that? Sure, now I might see those one in a billion drops that I might never get. But even with no AH in the other games, I still know they existed. And even if in all probability I won't (shouldn't, can't afford) see them in D3, it's the hope of getting them that keeps me playing. I'm still progressing towards that goal.

That's what I want. Not free Legendaries. Not Legendaries with glowy effects that do me no good. That feeling of being 'this' close.
I dunno. It's hard to explain, but I just want tighter progression.

In past Diablo's, progression felt like an incremental march towards the top. Sure, the items you were wearing were junk compared to the best, but it still didn't feel like it. But with every drop and every trade you felt like you were getting closer to those flawless items everyone wanted, but in all likelihood would never get because they were so rare.

Has the AH changed that? Sure, now I might see those one in a billion drops that I might never get. But even with no AH in the other games, I still know they existed. And even if in all probability I won't (shouldn't, can't afford) see them in D3, it's the hope of getting them that keeps me playing. I'm still progressing towards that goal.

That's what I want. Not free Legendaries. Not Legendaries with glowy effects that do me no good. That feeling of being 'this' close.

you pretty much can do mp0 in all blue. so thats to mean one can self found from normal to inferno pretty naturally without bothering with the ah.

your 1 in a billion drops are all BIS gear for MP10. surely you cannot expect a single playthrough of mp0 -> geared for farming mp1.
then a single playthrough of mp1 -> geared for mp2

etc.. its all exponential time required after mp0

what kind of game longevity do you expect if you can faceroll mp10 in under less than 2000hrs?
Chris, I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Are you saying the game is too easy? Yes I think it is. Do I expect BIS just playing through Inferno a couple of times? No not at all.

Like, I don't see Diablo as just beating the game, it's all about collecting the best gear you can, and making your character the way you want.
blizzard has already admitted multiboxing is fine. whats to stop you from using one beefy character to rush 3x new characters through norm-inferno over and over and over

theres no defending guaranteed drops, it was a stupid concept and should have never found its way into a loot based game. it was as tupid attempt to fix a problem back when jay wilson ran the show. people couldnt get anything worth using to progress through the current act, so he introduced "guaranteed rare drop!", then that still accomplished jack all so they revamped how many rares drop. now you cant kill 10 monsters without seeing a [useless] rare, and you're guaranteed to see a [useless] rare on every X mob you fight.

blizzard, you want to fix items?
1. remove all guaranteed drops.
2. create a handfull (50 or so) new/revamped uniques, with various INTERESTING stats and abilities (much like what you've described)
3. adjust the available affixes for ilvls a bit, so lower ilvl's can get better rolls (instead of 1-100 damage, you have a chance of 1-150, or something along those lines, shrinking the gap isnt necessarily the best choice because -everyone- will find it fast, but giving it a CHANCE to be "teh godly rare" instead.)
4. shrink the amount of garbage that drops. instead of 5000 rares vs 1 worth keeping, it should be around the range of 200-400. (example)
5. give blues a 1 in a billion chance of being something nice (Diablo 2 for example, +2skills / 20 faster cast rate / 2 socket circlets) so theres actually a point to notice them on the ground.
6. find a reason to have us pickup whites.

seriously, i just came back to d3 after giving up on it around month 2 of release. the biggest thing ive noticed is the complete lack, a year later, of fixing items. i ran through all of a3 and a4 with some random strangers, and basically learned "you kill as fast as you can and skip picking up everything but rares, sets, and legendaries (granted, no sets dropped, and only 1 legendary), all the rares will be garbage to salvage, so if you dont need crafting mats, dont bother picking those up either except gloves.
woops.
great read, Yes! a dev that actually plays the game and gave us what they are thinking of doiing.
4. shrink the amount of garbage that drops. instead of 5000 rares vs 1 worth keeping, it should be around the range of 200-400. (example)
5. give blues a 1 in a billion chance of being something nice (Diablo 2 for example, +2skills / 20 faster cast rate / 2 socket circlets) so theres actually a point to notice them on the ground.

Seems contradictory - you want to decrease the amount of garbage filtering that needs to be done with point 4, yet increase it with point 5...
!@#$%^
1.08 patch, if 80% of the aforementioned changes goes to live... let's celebrate the "Travis Day".

Love that Orange Goblin. :)
Sounds wonderful and I just hope I will be still online :) Because it feels like a long TV series where you never know when is the end, but you are so frustrated to watch it through.
Another wave of item inflation