Max Crit?

Items and Crafting
So my wizard has 65.5% base crit chance, and I use pinpoint to give me 70.5%. I also have 13% crit chance for energy twister on my ring and weapon.

I tried maxing my demon hunter CC and it wouldn't go past 75%. So, is all 13% CC counted or is it just a waste?
Anything over 100 is a waste.
no kidding
The hard cap is 75%. Demon hunters can go above it with Sharpshooter, I believe.

There might be a few other instances where it can go above 75%, but I forget what they are.
You should do the math, because at some point CD or IAS is going to be giving you more dmg than CC, unless you're trying to benefit from 'on crit' skills.

I think a barb can reach the most crit, with his passives (+15% between 2 passives if I'm not mistaken) and overpower (+10% I think) on top of the max with gear (10 neck+10 glove+6 ring+6 ring(+7 if nats ring)+ 6 bracer+ 6 helm +1 innas temp +1 innas favor +10 shield) which comes out to 63% on gear plus the 5% innate for 68%, plus 5% for ruthless and 10% for weapons master is 83% unbuffed with passives.

Add in 10% from overpower and 3% from battle rage and you have 96% crit chance.
it's kind of hard to get over 100% critical chance anyways. Except with use on certain skills
You should do the math, because at some point CD or IAS is going to be giving you more dmg than CC, unless you're trying to benefit from 'on crit' skills.

I think a barb can reach the most crit, with his passives (+15% between 2 passives if I'm not mistaken) and overpower (+10% I think) on top of the max with gear (10 neck+10 glove+6 ring+6 ring(+7 if nats ring)+ 6 bracer+ 6 helm +1 innas temp +1 innas favor +10 shield) which comes out to 63% on gear plus the 5% innate for 68%, plus 5% for ruthless and 10% for weapons master is 83% unbuffed with passives.

Add in 10% from overpower and 3% from battle rage and you have 96% crit chance.

If I remember correctly from the time I tested on my barbarian, there is a cap at 80%. Doesn't matter how much you would gain from an item/Overpower/Revenge/passive while already in between 70-80, it'll always cap at 80%. However, BR (3%) and WotB (10%) can go beyond that, thus allowing a barbarian to reach 93% critical hit chance.

Add an item with 7% cc to a specific skill (such as WW) and you reached 100% with it.

Also, HotA's cc isn't affected by the cap either, that's why you can occasionally see people whinning about the skill.
wtf... there really is a crit cap?
max cc wizard is 78% (use diabloprogress.com search the first is 77% because he don't use belt 1% cc, he use the wichting hour belt) and 5% pipoint = 83% + 3% flowwer = 86 %.If you use frost nova + 15% = 101%
So, what I'm seeing is that nobody knows. Is there someone who knows who can say something?
03/03/2013 05:06 PMPosted by Skeletwan
I tried maxing my demon hunter CC and it wouldn't go past 75%. So, is all 13% CC counted or is it just a waste?

who say 75% is cap ?
03/04/2013 02:19 AMPosted by DevilHunter
who say 75% is cap ?

The game does. At least for my DH.
bump, someone plz answer!
Theoretical max CC for DH:

Nats New Helm = 6
Shoulder = 0
Ammy = 10
Glove = 10
Beckon Sail = 1
Bracer = 6
New Nat Ring = 6
Inna's Belt = 1
Ring = 6
Inna's Pant = 1
Nat's Old Boots = 0
Nat's Old Weapon = 1
Nat's Passive = 14 (7x2)
Natural Passive = 5
Archery Passive = 10
-----------------------------------
77 CC = Max

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ledmage-1783/hero/28664478

More CC possible with:
Caltrops - Bait the Trap = 10
Mara's = CC for Rapid Fire/Multi-Shot/Strafe
Skull Grasp = CC for RF/MS/ST
SOJ = CC for RF/MS/ST

Use Caltrop - Bait the Trap and see if it pushes your 72% CC too 82%, that will check to see if there is a 75% Cap. Please let me know, this information will help me a lot, I'm doing the same with RF as you are with Tornado.

Thanks,

-TSP
Hey Skeletwan! I got some good news! Looks like some people did some testing, and items that grant bonus crit chance do stack beyond the 75% cap. Heres a link to the thread, and also a video of a DH with 100% CC with Strafe.

Thread
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7810052251

100% CC Strafe
http://youtu.be/F2CMJFSKbfM

Keep raising your CC any way possible :)

Cheers!

-TSP