Magic Find does nothing

General Discussion
As my paragon gets higher I get less drops, unless you count worthless rares. This game is frustrating and boring.
Paragon or not... unless you have like 300% + MF you won't "notice" a difference.
03/03/2013 03:08 PMPosted by KingGeedorah
As my paragon gets higher I get less drops, unless you count worthless rares. This game is frustrating and boring.

1. Work on your dps, the faster you can kill things then the faster you can do a run. The more runs you do the better your chances.

2. Hunt for legendaries in mp0-1-2. Higher mp's are only for ubers, keywarden, and proving yourself.

3. Profit

4. Work on your movement speed with either Inna's pants or Lacuni Prowlers.
Paragon 100 here, and i went from 3-4 legendaries per run i now get 0-1 drops... and this is happening with the new patch...
Paragon 100 here, and my i went from 3-4 legendaries per run i now get 0-1 drops... and this is happening with the new patch...

I dont believe it. You also not posting from ur real profile. And if youre being serious then you prolly thinking youre a total badarse and doing mp10. This is wrong. higher mps isnt for finding legs
The one thing even more frustrating than no legendaries is finally getting one to drop, but it being a lv 59 req item. /sigh
Past 2 days i've been getting 1 legendary every hour or so. They all sucked, got a dual socket manticore, but terrible roll :(
I ussually find a brim every run - but now I only go after elites - no big drop for a few weeks ...
I dont believe it. You also not posting from ur real profile. And if youre being serious then you prolly thinking youre a total badarse and doing mp10. This is wrong. higher mps isnt for finding legs

Trust me, i play only in mp2, 30min per run ( whole act 3 )
03/03/2013 03:17 PMPosted by dexxy
Paragon 100 here, and my i went from 3-4 legendaries per run i now get 0-1 drops... and this is happening with the new patch...

lol says you. i find plenty of legs on mp10
03/03/2013 03:21 PMPosted by PanterA

Trust me, i play only in mp2, 30min per run ( whole act 3 )

Then you're just unlucky for the time being.
03/03/2013 03:14 PMPosted by dexxy

1. Work on your dps, the faster you can kill things then the faster you can do a run. The more runs you do the better your chances.

2. Hunt for legendaries in mp0-1-2. Higher mp's are only for ubers, keywarden, and proving yourself.

3. Profit

I already do all this, I haven't seen a legendary (none) at all in 2 weeks or so
03/03/2013 03:27 PMPosted by KingGeedorah

3. Profit

I already do all this, I haven't seen a legendary (none) at all in 2 weeks or so

Must be RNG in all seriousness. I average about 5 leg's a day. Playing approximately for 2hrs.
Just found 3 leg's in in one run. It feels that MF just add's to the stats of what falls.
03/03/2013 03:08 PMPosted by KingGeedorah

the problem is only very few items in this game are interesting no matter what drops. i agree. i can't say frustrating as far as actual gameplay.

it frustrating that Blizzard can't just add fun drops. They act like they have to solve the mysteries of the universe to fix the game. All it needs is a large amount of variety in them item drops. That would be a BIG plus.

all this game really needs is additions not adustments.
03/03/2013 03:41 PMPosted by Fyle

the problem is only very few items in this game are interesting no matter what drops. i agree. i can't say frustrating as far as actual gameplay.

it frustrating that Blizzard can't just add fun drops. They act like they have to solve the mysteries of the universe to fix the game. All it needs is a large amount of variety in them item drops. That would be a BIG plus.

I'd definitely agree with that, there is little to no reward for all the time I put into playing.
03/03/2013 03:23 PMPosted by Landslide

lol says you. i find plenty of legs on mp10

Yes but youd find alot more on mp0-1.
No, you dont especially now in 1.07. The higher mp the more legs you get and its noticable, i wouldnt recommend you go under mp5 if you wanna get legs. Still lower mps are good for a xp.

Amen to that!

I'm playing mostly self-found, so I know I don't have to expect much.

But come on. After about 18 hours (spread over three gaming sessions), and absolutely NOTHING for my HC barb except the BoA armor I crafted and the runes I upped..

Terrible loot design!
Magic FInd does matter, if you want legendaries MP5+ is where you should be. I find 1-3 per run (alk route), and I do MP5 runs in about 10-15min

Per patch I did MP2 and rarely saw any legendaries
03/03/2013 03:56 PMPosted by Trance
No, you dont especially now in 1.07. The higher mp the more legs you get and its noticable, i wouldnt recommend you go under mp5 if you wanna get legs. Still lower mps are good for a xp.

This is completely true. Only people who don't understand how MF works or the bonuses you get for treasure hunting at higher MP levels would think otherwise. If you do think otherwise, perhaps this isn't the game for you. Its much to complex for you to grasp.

One thing I have noticed is rotating the different MP levels. When I stay static on an MP level over the course of a few runs, the legs tend to get very rare. If I drop down a little, they start to flow again. MP6 for some reason seems to be a sweet spot lately for me. Over the last 2 weeks, I've gotten at least 20 legs, including Vile Wards, Inna chest, several IMK pieces, Windforce, Ice Climbers, etc. all on MP6. MP7 nada. MP8 one Triumvirate.