Improving co-op in 1.08

General Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15
Coop buffs will further promote quadboxing ... I hope you guys are smart enough to recognize this.

I'm not against it... I made a fair bit of $ from doing it when the game was still worth playing for $ but I know a lot of people are.
03/06/2013 03:06 PMPosted by Wyatt Cheng
Yea I was thinking this same thing. I played with two others today and did my normal farming route, and my efficiency was cut in half. It wasn't even me carrying them they aren't bad players or poorly geared, it just slows everything down so much and doesn't really add any benefit. Co-op is the opposite of fine when it's bad in every way possible to add more people to the party

We are looking to improve co-op farming efficiency in 1.0.8. Co-op play in general is a big focus of the 1.0.8 patch and efficiency is definitely one component of that. Co-op is already more efficient for some players, but this is the exception rather than the norm. The degree of co-op efficiency depends heavily on the co-ordination of the party, skill builds, and the relative gear level of the teammates. Since launch we've made some modest changes to encourage co-op play but there's still room to go farther. At the same time, we don't want to go so far as to make multiplayer feel "mandatory" for those who prefer to play solo, but we still want to err on the side of being co-op favorable.

There's also a number of hurdles to co-op play beyond raw efficiency, so we'll be looking to alleviate/solve some of those hurdles too. The Identify All feature in 1.0.8 is an example of this. Sometimes the trip back to town to sort through a bag of gear is enough of a hurdle to make somebody feel playing co-op isn't worth it. Nobody wants to be in the dungeon fighting monsters while your teammate is off in town identifying a full inventory.

Since we are talking inventory management, what a bout a button to organize inventory?
03/29/2013 06:06 PMPosted by Zinho73
Since we are talking inventory management, what a bout a button to organize inventory?

What kind of organization were you thinking?
03/29/2013 06:19 PMPosted by Lylirra

What kind of organization were you thinking?

I guess he meant "Blue items, followed by yellow, then legendary/set items".

I personally hate that function. It kind of destabilize me when I accidentally click them in any other games.
The only thing buffing "co-op" does is assist multiboxers.
We are looking to improve co-op farming efficiency in 1.0.8. Co-op play in general is a big focus of the 1.0.8 patch and efficiency is definitely one component of that. Co-op is already more efficient for some players, but this is the exception rather than the norm. The degree of co-op efficiency depends heavily on the co-ordination of the party, skill builds, and the relative gear level of the teammates. Since launch we've made some modest changes to encourage co-op play but there's still room to go farther. At the same time, we don't want to go so far as to make multiplayer feel "mandatory" for those who prefer to play solo, but we still want to err on the side of being co-op favorable.

There's also a number of hurdles to co-op play beyond raw efficiency, so we'll be looking to alleviate/solve some of those hurdles too. The Identify All feature in 1.0.8 is an example of this. Sometimes the trip back to town to sort through a bag of gear is enough of a hurdle to make somebody feel playing co-op isn't worth it. Nobody wants to be in the dungeon fighting monsters while your teammate is off in town identifying a full inventory.[/quote]

It's almost like if we had 8 people games then 1-2 people being in town would not be such a big deal :P
04/01/2013 12:58 AMPosted by CyberGoat
The only thing buffing "co-op" does is assist multiboxers.

And make the game more fun.
Coop should have more MF than solo play.

It's dumb that playing with friends means less chances of loot, while a good follower can give you a 20-25% bonus.

I dont know why all of the MF-limiting was introduced in the first place (first averaging MF, forcing people onto MF gear, then using your own MF, enabling leechers). MF limiting felt decidedly ANTI-FUN.

Why not have 25% more MF/GF capable of exceeding the 300% cap per extra player, with an additional bonus MF/GF if your party contains 4 different classes?
Yea I was thinking this same thing. I played with two others today and did my normal farming route, and my efficiency was cut in half. It wasn't even me carrying them they aren't bad players or poorly geared, it just slows everything down so much and doesn't really add any benefit. Co-op is the opposite of fine when it's bad in every way possible to add more people to the party

There's also a number of hurdles to co-op play beyond raw efficiency, so we'll be looking to alleviate/solve some of those hurdles too. The Identify All feature in 1.0.8 is an example of this. Sometimes the trip back to town to sort through a bag of gear is enough of a hurdle to make somebody feel playing co-op isn't worth it. Nobody wants to be in the dungeon fighting monsters while your teammate is off in town identifying a full inventory.

As much as I respect your effort to post on the community forum, I have to say that your post is meaningless and does not address anything.

The identify all enhancement is meant to "simplify" the unnecessary effort and time spent as you start to gain more and more drops upon reaching high paragon levels. I see it as your dev's team yielding to players request, making lives easier for them. Essentially, I am sure you classify this as a "nice to have" feature to reduce some user complaints.

With the above said, how could you use the unid all as an "example" to relfect your effort to encourage co-op?? Players still are going to spend time to check item to salvage/sell when they go back to town. This is not the main purpose of why you agree to add the "unid all" feature, you know it and I know it.

This is a very poor attempt or example to be used to address the co-op issue. Do you have other examples to show that your 1.08 patch is committed to improve/encourage co-op play?
At the same time, we don't want to go so far as to make multiplayer feel "mandatory" for those who prefer to play solo, but we still want to err on the side of being co-op favorable.

Considering at launch, it was very very difficult to clear inferno in a group...viva la retcon.
Why not simple auto identify rares on pickup and fix MP scaling on thehigher levels, reduce monster HP to the levels which makes sense. People who go 300k+ dps, who want a so called challenge, they shouldn't of abused the AH in the first place.
As i said one hundred times, followers available in co-op mode would be of great interest.
The solution to this is really simple -
You get an xp and mf/gf bonus when playing with people of different classes.

This means that multiboxers will not reap a benefit, but average players will get 2-4x benefit in a random pub game. Arranged friends game? 4x almost guaranteed.

There ya go. A solution.
Lol I think the dev still dun get it what we want is to be able to create our own game with our own title and if private we can set our own password and nt restricting us. The search for players near us function is rather dumb . Another issue is our friend list why is there a cap of how many friend we are able to add on our friend list?