Barb MP10 ravage keeps 2 legendary farm

Barbarian
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
Runtime: 1 hour

Wizard Hat-1

lol RNG is still RNG i guess.

i feel your pain!
I did it tonight and it went pretty well. I just ran through once but I was able to knock down packs pretty quickly. I just swapped Bash out for Rend and used auto-attack (as someone above mentioned) and OP to get my fury going. Permawrath was a no-brainer. I did get killed once by a maniac but I think a lot of that had to do with me getting used to the change in feel since I had to left click a lot more often.

Avoiding elites was no problem. No legendaries dropped for me but I didn't fully clear the map either. I'll definitely be doing this again!
I really want to try this build but i have that WW bug that anytime i have WW and sprint up i get DCed... its a bs bug :(
What stat minimums should you be trying to hit for this? My worry is im too poor to afford the upgrades and gems required
I'd say my stats are about minimum LOL

I tried it out again this morning and had a rougher time with it. I died 4 times or so before changing the difficulty. MP9 went alright but MP8 was the sweet spot for me (I usually only farm MP6). I used Bloodlust rune rather than ravage and the LS kept me topped off. I didnt have much trouble burning down the elite packs as well.

I did get a legendary to drop when I was on MP10. Tal Rasha helm (it was crap).
A buddy of mine is running Warrior's Rest in A1 over and over again on MP9 and he says he's getting a really good drop rate of legendaries and demonic essences...maybe I'll try that
Moldran? I did this back in January.....

Act 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik9KrMQELeI&feature=youtu.be

Act 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqxK5iUITGk&feature=youtu.be

Where are his vids?
I tried this on mp3 like moldran's first youtube farm post. I can solo mp10 on hota build, but having some issues playing this one with fury. I did your alternate spec with bash and maybe I'm missing the strat. Is main fury coming from sprint tornadoes then rend and you just ww to get out of mobs,,, or is ww main damage with rend and sprint when ever enough fury? I can do it no problem, but I can't seem to keep wrath mode up long at all. My crit chance is over 50 to...Any thoughts?
I'm having the same problem. I cant keep wrath up. I am mainly just running and rend ww when i want a little extra damage but i cant keep up wrath like at all it goes for like 20 to 30 secs and thats it.. i dont believe i kill fast enough. even though with wrath up i ahve almsot 300k damage. maybe im supposed to have 200k unbuffed which means i am about 80k short. anyways if any tips on keeping wrath up i would appreciate it.
oh and with wrath up i have 65% crit. ps i love this farming... im doing on M8 and i ahve found 8 legendaries since last night maybe 3 hours of farming
I'm using Rend w/BL as my primary attack to great effect! The LS from Rend (along with LS from my belt and passive) keep me topped off nicely. As someone had suggested, if you click your main attack before you have the fury for rend, it automatically does a normal attack (which generates a small amount of fury) so between then and OP I can get enough fury to cast BR...then I'm all set.

Permawrath is not an issue at all. I pretty much have to stand still and not be attacking anything for a bit to lose it.

I'm able to farm MP8 comfortably solo now where I was only doing MP6 (I probably could have done MP7 but I was keeping it simple and easy). I'm guessing with a bit of RNG on drops I'll be farming MP10 like this very soon.

I may end up switching to a Skorn eventually as well!
03/06/2013 09:50 AMPosted by Wayneold

I know, I tried it when you were doing it, and I couldn't get the casting sequence down. I was having a hard time at the start of the fight because I didn't realize at the time that if I made rend my primary attack I could basically auto-attack when there wasn't sufficient fury to cast rend. So I just went back to bash and went on.

Then I read a comment in this thread about the auto-attack thing and it all clicked. Now I can't imagine ever going back to bash!

Hey Wayne. When I posted the original thing on Reddit I credited you in the guide:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/185bxr/high_mp_wwrend_demo_on_ptr/c8bqjo2
If it weren't for your video I would have still been using War Cry instead of OP-KS for my non-fury generator HotA and Rend builds.

Also if you recall the thread about testing XP/hr on the MP with the new XP scaling, I mentioned I thought you had been using unforgiving (which I'm still convinced you did in the Act 3 video which was what I saw at the time) and I thought I was doing something different by using brawler.

Regardless. In every post I made on reddit I did credit you in the build section.

The main thing that I did that was unique was skipping elites. From the MP10 farming data of a few P100 friends I pretty much calculated it wasn't worth it to bother with them if you were going for loot now that bonus items don't require 2 stacks and from just crunching the numbers its pretty easy to see its not worth it for XP.

The data showed that with 5NV stacks in KD2, ~620 trash mobs = 1 legendary and ~40 elite mobs = 1 legendary. Recently Imthereal1337 gathered more data with 0NV stacks and found that in his 50 000 trash mob kills in KD2 he was ~680 trash mobs = 1 legendary.

If I still had my PTR borrowed gear and scaled up my current farm speed of 6500+ kills/hr (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ksdnVPw2X8) I would be just short of 10 legendaries/hr IF i were plvl 100 and running MP10.

Btw, I don't think I ever showed you the end result of XP farming:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPBqCzYbfAc

PS You'll notice I'm definitely pretty noob now since I have to start off the build without my Bul Kathos. 1.18 APS is just too slow and 1 fallen maniac kills me.
@ Chaz:

Thanks man, I never even saw the topic you posted to be honest on Reddit (never go on there). I am reading it now.

As far as Unforgiving in the Act 3 vid here is why I was at full fury: I sat in town with Unforgiving on until my fury filled, then switched it to Brawler....heh....it's what I used to do when I got lazy and didn't want to start a battle the harder way.

By the way, we are also doing testing, and Berzerker Rage is showing promise in being better than Brawler....more tests pending:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8088618856

Also, the skipping elites was an Uberjager idea:

Uberjagers no elite/keeps2 exp run:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199913320?page=10

But, ideas are free, and they are meant to be shared....no worries bro. Well done and nice vids. Thanks for spreading this to other areas and giving credit, I appreciate it.

By the way: The music in your vids is trippy as hell.....also, you are a very good player.
I'm using Rend w/BL as my primary attack to great effect! The LS from Rend (along with LS from my belt and passive) keep me topped off nicely. As someone had suggested, if you click your main attack before you have the fury for rend, it automatically does a normal attack (which generates a small amount of fury) so between then and OP I can get enough fury to cast BR...then I'm all set.

Permawrath is not an issue at all. I pretty much have to stand still and not be attacking anything for a bit to lose it.

I'm able to farm MP8 comfortably solo now where I was only doing MP6 (I probably could have done MP7 but I was keeping it simple and easy). I'm guessing with a bit of RNG on drops I'll be farming MP10 like this very soon.

I may end up switching to a Skorn eventually as well!

Sorry I have issues with abbreviations ... what is" BL" as primary attacks and then ""OP(Overpower?)" for enough fury to cast "BR (Battle Rage i assume)"
No elites keep run rox. Ideas are only cool when shared hah.

This kind of run benefits the lower geared too.

Ps- Brawler rox and uber was among the few geared ones that used it based on my personal tracking on the few babrs I'm interested in.
@Wayne.

I took a look at that thread on brawler vs Bezerkers rage. I think it pertains a bit more to elite killing though since I've found that I can almost guarantee proccing Brawler when I'm paying attention now. The way I can tell is that if I don't, the skull cleavers on MP9 won't actually die (as seen on the start of the KD2 MP9 run), if I do, on a rend crit I hit for around 2.9M damage which, provided a few ticks of SRLTW and WW is JUST enough to kill the highest HP skull cleavers that range from around 2.2-3M HP on MP9. To scale this up to MP10 where they have up to 4.2M is going to be a challenge though. Definitely need the LS Skorn and witching hour combination for the 50% ChD or the super rare perfect doom hammer.

@Rigs BL is for the blood lust rune on Rend
@Wayne.

I took a look at that thread on brawler vs Bezerkers rage. I think it pertains a bit more to elite killing though since I've found that I can almost guarantee proccing Brawler when I'm paying attention now. The way I can tell is that if I don't, the skull cleavers on MP9 won't actually die (as seen on the start of the KD2 MP9 run), if I do, on a rend crit I hit for around 2.9M damage which, provided a few ticks of SRLTW and WW is JUST enough to kill the highest HP skull cleavers that range from around 2.2-3M HP on MP9. To scale this up to MP10 where they have up to 4.2M is going to be a challenge though. Definitely need the LS Skorn and witching hour combination for the 50% ChD or the super rare perfect doom hammer.

Yeah, it will be interesting....I think Berzerker Rage will favor dual wield, and Brawler will favor 2H's. Thanks again for the credit on Reddit and replying here, I really do appreciate it.
Thanks Chaz!