Diablo 3 synergies

General Discussion
Would be cool to be able to combine 2 skills together to make a synergy skill. You could make 3 synergy skills per character and you cannot reassign you synergy skills.

Like combine spirit walk with firebats and get firewalk where you go into spirit realm for 2 sec and spew fire behind you as you walk.
We already have enough skill synergy IMO.
03/06/2013 03:16 PMPosted by DeadRu
Apparently the op has no clue on what synergies are. Synergies like in D2 increased the damage of our main skill. He is saying combine 2 skills into one. This would be very op and destroy balance.

Are you purposefully a giant douche, or does it come naturally?

The OP makes a suggestion, something they thought would be cool and/or fun. Then you come in and basically take a big steaming dump on it.

Instead of actually suggesting some modification to his idea to make it work (since you think it will be over powered), you flat out dismiss it and say it won't work. This entire forum has watched you do that pathetic dance numerous times in multiple threads, and I would venture to say that you're one of the more toxic posters in this forum, bar-none.

I've never seen you add anything worth a damn to any thread you've posted in, and honestly it's tired and worn-out. I guess you think this game is perfect and nothing needs to change, even when those changes may provide you with a much more enjoyable experience. In this instance, you dismiss a skill change that could open up different avenues of gameplay, which benefits EVERY player.

Don't worry about responding to tell me that I'm on ignore, I already know your schtick.
Im really curious for how it could be possible with the current skill system, seems quite impossible.

But i got some idea for starters,
What if they give an "extra effect" if you use a certain skill in combinations of others skills (that could promote MP games)

Like for example,
If a wizard uses Blizzard(whatever rune), and a certain player was caught in it (a friendly fire, indeed), those players would be "coated" with Diamond Skin that absorbs a minimal damage,
Now, if a player, say a monk, happens to use Sweeping wind(whatever rune), he will get instead a modified sweeping wind to swirling ice shards that give extra cold damage and slowing effect for a few seconds after the exposure to Blizzard.
Now, the skill combinations and bonus effect values is up to the developers XD
If we had a system like this, I would combine vault with smoke screen. Imagine that, a skill that could be used to dodge attacks without worrying about the flawed hit detection system. :3
If I could fuse two abilities together I would probably go the obvious route of War cry/Battle Rage. Hopefully the 20 generated fury would be consumed instantly so I could get both buffs before battle.

To be honest though, I could see the old synergy system come back. Use superstition and tough as nails together? Ranged attackers now take 30% of thorns damage on striking. Juggernaut and unforgiving? You now have a chance of gaining fury upon being CC'd. Rend and Leap? Leap now does an additional 20% of weapon damage as a DoT to enemies struck on impact.
03/06/2013 03:16 PMPosted by DeadRu
Apparently the op has no clue on what synergies are. Synergies like in D2 increased the damage of our main skill. He is saying combine 2 skills into one. This would be very op and destroy balance.

I think OP is annoucing a new idea and lack a suitable name :)
03/06/2013 10:10 PMPosted by SocknBoppers
Rend and Leap? Leap now does an additional 20% of weapon damage as a DoT to enemies struck on impact.

Perfect example right here. The "synergy" or link between skills would add an effect at a lowered amount, so as to not give the full benefit of both abilities. In addition, you could lock out rend from being an active ability when the link is made (you can't use it, but it passively adds the DoT to leap).

Using the same two abilities in reverse though (i.e. reverse the direction of the link), now your rend launches mobs in the air for 30% leap damage while applying the bleed DoT.

You could only do full damage on the first ability in the link with an attached rune. The linked ability would only apply the base effect at a lowered value, and any attached rune would be ignored.

You would get the benefit of 2 abilities (albeit at a lowered amount) and you would effectively open up a skill slot for an ability you want to use but may not have the opportunity or the ability to assign.

Like the OP says, you could only do 3 per character so as to have some permanence, and also diversity in that people would link in different directions (in my example), as well as the abilities they decided to link since one of the two would effectively be locked out.

A respec for the synergy could be provided through a quest, once per difficulty. Or, a gold sink that increases exponentially the more you decided to respec.

03/06/2013 01:46 PMPosted by JackNimble
Like combine spirit walk with firebats and get firewalk where you go into spirit realm for 2 sec and spew fire behind you as you walk.

Have the firebats swarm around you while in spirit form. :D
03/06/2013 10:36 PMPosted by WCLee

I think OP is annoucing a new idea and lack a suitable name :)

Yup thanks for clarifying that :)
I think they should just bring in alot more skills, whether they are Synergy Skills or not, I don't really care, but more skills should be there!
Yes I thought of this before.
For example it would be cool if you can create a laser cannon by firing Disintegrate over a Hydra with different rune effects combined.
I'd love a multishot that cost 3 hatred and every hit chains to another enemy and slows by 60%
Ya it would be cool to personalize your character in this way. If the skill synergy is permanent then it would be a huge decision for you to make that laser cannon and for gemini to make the chain-multishot, because that is permanently part of your character now.
Lol, yup sure looks like it