ShockNadoShards(SNS), a CM/WW build [guide]P2

Wizard
Prev 1 2 3 25 Next
I'm trying to figure out How to tweak this build - can use a hand.

1. If I have 50k life instead of 35k, can i get away in mp10 ubers with lower resists and and armor, and if so, by how much?

2. At just under 3 aps (2.8ish - in between breakpoints), can I get away now with just 18 apoc?

I bought a rare 10 apoc helm to replace my andy's and I dropped down a bit in speed (still above 2.73), but I cant really tell how effective it is from the 18 I had been running. The bulb still bounces around and I'm not full 100% but not empty either; Is this where it's supposed to be?

3. Where do I look to upgrade my paper dps of 87k? Do I add crit damage or INT?

I have a tals armour with good stats (no ar), a BT with good stats, and a Zunni thats decent as well - cant figure out which chest to use either.
@Worloega

I appreciate you going through and looking for edits. I reread the guide today and changed a few things (since 1.07)...but I missed those.

Thanks!
^^
@tinkerbell

Few things,

1) I'd really keep All res as high as possible. Like i said to hope (on the last page) earlier: You'd be better off replacing that VIT with All Res instead....its better to decrease the incoming damage before it gets to your life.....than try to have your life soak up a higher amount of damage. Make sense? And, since the incoming damage will be less...you can get by with lower life (just stick between 35 and 40k). Also, MP10 ubers should be pretty much impossible with only 3200 Armor. My recommendation is 4500 Armor and 700 All res.....

2) Inbetween breakpoints does not inpack anything really (except for DPS). You'll still be getting the same number of tics and procs at 2.73 as you would even at 2.99. Sticking close to 2.73 allows you to have items that have less IAS (or even no IAS).

With the 47%CC that you have you should be fine with 19 APOC at a minimum. If you're at 50 CC then 18 APOC should be OK...but losing the andy's helm I think has taken you below the 2.73 breakpoint (1.53*1.76=2.69...unless you get over it with enchantress). Regardless, you're bubble should pretty much always be full at full windeup (after a few seconds of freezing....with at least 2-3 enemies). The bubble will move alot more at the beginning of a fight (because you just unleashed a bunch of your abilities) and the end (where you are only proccing on 1 enemy). The single elites (esp the kiting ones) will be the biggest challenge - bug should be pretty easy with 29 APOC....and mangeable with 18-20....(but you probably won't keep them locked down the whole time) and pretty much impossible with 10.

3) INT or CD. Yes. Add them. The both will increase DPS...though sometimes I kind of favor, just because it also acts as All Res. Even wonder how the top players get to 850 all res....well, they have about 600 more INT than I have....and that's 60 All res......and its "free" -- they don't have to include it on an item. Don't get me wrong, its easy for me say "just add All Res and INT" - but its not easy.

Oh...and since you really only need 20 APOC max, drop the APOC from your helm and add something else....like All Res or armor.
Hey PieHole, thanks a lot for putting up this guide. I just came back to D3 a couple weeks ago and haven't played for many months so you're guide helped a ton. Do you mind taking a look at my gear when you get a chance and telling me what I really need to upgrade the most (got about 10million gold). I have 50% crit and about 2.8 aspd. Thanks a bunch man
Thanks for the advice, PieHole! Vit is definitely cheaper than allres, which is why I've stacked it. I also have been doing mostly exp farming on white mobs, so my survivability isn't too awful. At one point I had lacuni's that were int/vit/allres, but I got more crit chance instead. Maybe I should switch to one that is int/allres/armor. What do you think?
[quote="81963935858"]Thanks for the advice, PieHole! Vit is definitely cheaper than allres, which is why I've stacked it. I also have been doing mostly exp farming on white mobs, so my survivability isn't too awful. At one point I had lacuni's that were int/vit/allres, but I got more crit chance instead. Maybe I should switch to one that is int/allres/armor. What do you think?[/quote

All res on lacunis are very expensive.

From a budget point of view stack AR on the cheaper slots of pants/boots/shoulders/ chest to a degree/ rings to a degree.

Best to stack armor + random stat on lacunis, if your lucky you'll get naked INT on lacunis for cheap with CC of course. ]
@Pri,

Yeah, LoH on rings is tough....esp if you want to get to 800+. You need to have 450+ LoH BT Pants to have a chance. I would think running with 700 would feel really thin. Some of that depends on your mitigation though. Boozor runs MP10 with 780 LoH between his 2 rings.......but has 850+ resists - and that's got to make a big difference. The other is his bank account to be able to afford two ~400 LoH rings!

All AH farmed gold baby ;)

The AR and my APS gives me great survivabliity since LOH returns increase as your breakpoints gets higher letes not forget :)
Boozer, what I mean is get a lacuni's without crit chance... yeah it would hurt, but I actually have more crit on my storm crow.
Ah....great to have this thread back. Well done, PieHole. Part 1 helped me a lot in my gearing up for my SNS wiz.
@Piehole, Love it! I like the updates for 1.07 in there. One really, really minor correction

03/13/2013 06:55 AMPosted by PieHole
This is also a common place add LoH (esp if you are running with Mempo an APOC Will).

shouldn't this read "APOC force", since your will obviously already has it?

Also might want to mention that sick AR/int/vit/int+vit/2OS/(str, dex,
%life, regen, PUR, armor, whatever u want for 6th mod) rare pants can be a completely viable gearing option if you have LoH and IAS covered elsewhere...as in you have some really awesome jewelry.
Ok, down a bit more gold after selling off some dh gear.

I've managed to tweak a few things around and without followers (pugging mp10 atm), I now have hit 675-720 ar, 34k health, 4267 armor, 49% crit, 2.77 aps, 800 loh ,and 400ish life aftter kill, with 19 apoc.

Standing at a paper dps of 95k - not sure what that translates too - unsure if your skill multiplication estimate is based on math or good guesswork.

Going to try this tonight a bit and see how I do, but if you can glance over my profile and see what should be the next upgrade, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again - good build here.
1 thing to correct you on. I just built my CM Wiz and Iam currently using a 1.77 Chantodos. You have this catagorized as a slow IAS needing 55% IAS but I have 6x9 IAS slots so 54% and I am at 2.73 APS. Just figured I'd let you know so you can adjust your chart :)

P.S. If you look at my gear ignore my gloves they are just placeholders til I can craft a good int pair, I'll just keep farming on my barb til I get 1.
1 thing to correct you on. I just built my CM Wiz and Iam currently using a 1.77 Chantodos. You have this catagorized as a slow IAS needing 55% IAS but I have 6x9 IAS slots so 54% and I am at 2.73 APS. Just figured I'd let you know so you can adjust your chart :)

P.S. If you look at my gear ignore my gloves they are just placeholders til I can craft a good int pair, I'll just keep farming on my barb til I get 1.

Your in game display is incorrect and is being rounded up.

1.77 and 54% speed = 2.7258

And the actual break point is 2.7272

So in game it rounds up, but infact you are not there yet.
k, im dying left and right even on mp8 - ground aoe is !@@%@!*!*# my face off.

I cant even begin to figure out how to add more ar to this setup whilst keeping it under billions a piece.
Great guide..
k, im dying left and right even on mp8 - ground aoe is !@@%@!*!*# my face off.

I cant even begin to figure out how to add more ar to this setup whilst keeping it under billions a piece.

Look for vitality instead of socket in the force. Go for 10 CC and 9ias if possible. If your lucky get a random STR/VIT/INT roll with your next force purchase should be less then <50m easily.

Add 200 armor + STR to your WH. They are cheap without AR. Vitality can be made up with the force, or if your lucky get vitality on the WH as well with armor+/strength.

Your glove gives up a lot of CC for other stats. look for 8+CC, other stats are kind of irrelevent.

AR/armor BT or vitality/AR BT pants will do you well as well. ~50m for this item as well.

Not sure what your budget is but a stronger 1.76 wand can be had for a decent price. I believe you can even afford a 1.75 wand. That will boost your DPS the most without sacrificing anything.
03/13/2013 05:39 PMPosted by Boozor
All AH farmed gold baby ;)

Well, gold bank account I meant, lol. Not accusing you of being a credit card warrior!
03/13/2013 08:45 PMPosted by Boozor
Your glove gives up a lot of CC for other stats. look for 8+CC, other stats are kind of irrelevent.

Hey Booz....dont you think he's still light on AR though? You're talking about adding armor, mostly. It looks like he is at 4800 armor but only 657 AR (backcalculating after taking prismatic off). I guess I'd suggest dropping CD off of the MH ring and adding 70 AR instead (that'd add +40 AR). Make up the DPS by getting a higher DPS Will as you suggested.

@Tink
Also, be judicial in your MP choices! Even if your mitigation could keep up with MP10, your DPS is well behind. I typically farm MP6 or 7 with my 135k DPS....because that seems pretty efficient. I'll run ubers MP10 since I'm just picking off 5 elites...but no way I'd farm there. Boozor drug me into his game once...and farming there on MP10 I was a little squishy. More deaths than I'm used to,...and a little slow - Booz had to pick up the slack! Best advice is to slowly upgrade everything in parallel (AR, Armor, DPS) and slowly move up the MP ladder for farming.
@andrew

I'd look to swapping IAS and CD between your ammy and gloves. I'm not sure what the pricing is like...but CD on your ammy can go up to 100, whereas on gloves its only 50. IAS/CC gloves should fit into your budget OK.