ShockNadoShards(SNS), a CM/WW build [guide]P2

Wizard
Prev 1 23 24 25
@amrath....yeah, law of diminishing returns kicks in at time. Sometimes you also just need to be searching for for all types of gear...and maybe a good deal will come around and you can make a few other changes and build around it.
Hi Pie,

First time poster, long time reader. Thanks for the tips

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Dark-1323/hero/1215173

Im getting to the point that im not to sure were to go with gearing(it needs tidying up), so i have come here for ideas/tips.
I guess i need to craft better shoulders, bracers were finally kind to me. I have a CD amulet but cant drop the ias from there atm till some other gear chances

I see your a huge fan of the Nats set. Do i swap out the Zunis for Nats ?.(drop dps but gain freeze ?)

Its seems to get IAS off my amulet I need 9s across rings/belt/chest & gloves ?
or would i be better first trying to get a .25 weapon then i can keep my ias 8 chest ?

Im just after some tips to fine tune the wiz some more and keep the 2.73 break point without using ias helm/off hand and bracers/pants

Thanks
Hi everyone, a friend of mine helped me how to play cm wiz and bought some gear for 5m in all, some prices i already had. Been practicing all day and can now do coat runs on mp9 its awesome! What should i try and upgrade next? Should I buy or try to craft a good ammy/ diff chest?
@darkk

Well, you are correct about the 1.78/1.79 issue. You need six 9's for a 1.78....whereas a 1.79 wand lets you use one 8. With my 1.79 I choose to have my litany be 8 IAS since it was the most expensive thing I owned....nowadays, its probably the cheapest thing I own (after my storm crow)...so, i'm about to upgrade it to a 9 IAS so i can get a 8 IAS chest. Having the 1.79 wand gives you that luxury of snagging a good 8 IAS deal when it comes along and gearing around it....1.78 leaves you stuck with all 9's. Of course,....you pay bid time for that 1.79 wand, so, do the math and figure out what's best.

The zuni vs Nat set is basically DPS vs. freeze. I love being at 57CC....and have been for awhile. Its basically like playing at 3.01 breakpoint. However, I'm kinda hitting a DPS wall and need to make some tough decisions. I could swap Zuni set for Nats set...gain alot of DPS, but then be down below 50CC....unless I shell out for a tripox. It'll still be a CC/Freeze downgrade either way. I could also keep the nats set and go chest/(tri)pox, but have to use an trifecta ammy or lacunis (and I love my crafted bracers). This will probably be the way to go....some or most of the mitigation I lose from the litany will probably be made up with the zuni chest. Well see. This way, I'll only lose 4.5 CC instead of 10.5 (or alot less than that If i go tripox).

So, that answer seemed be more about my own gearing choices and how I'm thinking about them......lol....but seems like you're in the same boat. Or a different boat going in the opposite direction. Or something like that.
Thanks. I will try getting a int/vit nats set and slowly try and build my dps back up to 150. I guess i will drop down to about 100ish k dps
I do like the sound of the stronger freeze.
And slowly change my IAS 8s to 9s
If i ever get to the wall of 200k lol maybe oneday its intersting to read where you might be going to push pass that.
Hi...
just came back to diablo after 3 month hiatus...
so i was wondering what upgrade can i get with 20M, or do i need to keep saving for money
target is to reach at least 100k dps
Piehole,

I'm starting to feel pretty painted into a corner as well, basically I'm stuck with incrementally upgrading each item type I have, without room for any major changes.

I'm teetering right under where I want to be mit wise at 740allres/4250armor, my cc is reasonable at 52, but I wish it was higher.

I can probably squeak my allres up to 760 or so once I upgrade my pants and bracers once more, as well as pushing cc up to 53 or 53.5, or even perhaps 55 if I can mange a new set of gloves.

I have 40k life, with 320k ehp.

Basically it looks like I'm going to top out at ~230-240k dps, 800allres/4500armor, and 40-45k life with ~350k total ehp, without making major changes and jumping into a whole new price bracket.
Pie, thanks for all the time that you give helping others.
I was thinking of dropping my nats boots and ring and picking up a lit ring and ice climbers... good move or bad? I would go down a little in cc but probably gain dps with the bump in intel and mitigation with the boots what are your thoughts?
OMG....the Chant Force is your big DPS culprit. I was wondering why your DPS was low....because most of your items look OK to get to 100K. But first, a few other things.

you're mitigation isn't half bad....stacking all of the armor that you have...esp since armor is cheaper than AR. But you should think of moving to AR where you can. There are a couple of places where AR is almost standard, and not really that expensive, on this build....Witching Hour and bracers...

i know your strongarms have alot of INT, but consider a pair of rares: I found these for 6M a month ago (which is in my 100M build at the end of this guide)
Bracers: (rare) 465 Armor, 78 AR, 6 CC, 97 VIT, 88 INT (6M)
Those are sweetness. You can drop some AR or go to 5CC or less armor or vit or int and get a pair for a few mil...easy.

Witching hour as well:
Witching Hour: 71 AR, 35 CD, 8 IAS, 289 Armor (12M)
Drop down to maybe 90 AR to save a few bucks.

Keep your eye on boots....i know you can find ones on auction with 600 Armor, 75+ AR, and 90+ INT (and usually even 150+ Dex) for under 1M. just watch the auctions.

You'll probably want to be getting more toward 800 loH as you go up in MP....you're a little low now. You'll need 400 on an ammy or ring or get BT pants.

Also, my advice for Storm Crow is either 70+AR or CC.....and you have INT...and that's not really a great use of the helm. Look for 4.5 or even 5 CC with 450 LoH and 400 Armor.

Now...all that INT that you've been dropping.....get a new Chant Force:
Chant Force: 254 Avg Damage, 9 IAS, 9.5 CC, 188 INT, 151 STR (7.5M)
(once again,...and example from my 100M guide)

BAM BAM!!

Play with some possibilities...if you make the changes I suggest, you'll also be losing some life. So maybe less Avg Damage (200?) in order to get 120 VIT or more. That'd be well spent.

Oh, crap, forgot. You are not at the 2.73 breakpoint. you're at like 2.68 attack speed. I think you need like a 1.70 IAS wand in order to get there. So, you'll want that for an upgrade as well. The corresponding move is to add CD to your ammy to make up for the loss of CD in your wand.

Hope this helps!!
@vind

Yeah...it gets really tough to give suggestions at this point in gearing. Other than to say...."Put more INT on your WH or more CD here or there". Well, duh.

But, I guess that's my advice, lol. The big difference between you and me is about 600 INT and 35 paragon levels. You have more DPS, I have more CC...so tradeoff there.

I do think you could do alot better with your Force. Look for one like mine, in the 300M range, with a little less avg damage, but a double INT roll. That will boost your DPS as well as add some AR.

Your WH still has room for 8-10 more CD.

Your lacunis can go to 75 AR with 300 armor and still have about the same mitigation. That opens an affix for INT maybe.

It gets tough here though.

gl, cheers
when will part 3 open?
yeah..22CD on the ring isn't a ton. and the extra INT you'd get from litany would make up for some of that. You'd also lose 2.5CD, but gain all the extra mit from the -elite reduction...which is worth about 60-80 AR (depending on your stats and the 6 vs 7%). And I love that extra mit from elite reduction. its like a 150 AR ring.

You'll also be losing the MS from the Nat's boots....presuming you don't pick up MS IC's. I don't really mind 12 MS. TP is faster, generally anyway. Obviously, you'll get a boost in DPS and life going with the IC's.

It'd be a decent option for you.
04/30/2013 09:59 AMPosted by Void
when will part 3 open?

Soon!

And even sooner....now that I used up a post for this garbage reply, lol.
04/30/2013 10:07 AMPosted by PieHole
when will part 3 open?

Soon!

And even sooner....now that I used up a post for this garbage reply, lol.

im gonna spam and make even sooner lol :P
Waiting for part 3 :)

free bump

free bump

lets end this wonderful post in troll bumps!
Just want to thank you (and everyone else involved in the theory-crafting of this build) for the thorough reference material. After hours of tweaking and millions of gold spent, I have to say that this is definitely my favorite class to play.

Respect!

-Paul
Pie,
I've been following your guide for a while now. My wizard has been my most successful and most fun build to play. (due in no small part to this guide). I know I need to increase my DPS but what do I give up? Any ideas where I should go next? Thanks.
04/30/2013 10:11 AMPosted by novice

Um,....you expecting something awesome to happen?

Ticker tape parade?

Hellracks will be worth something?

Jennifer Love Hewitt will visit your house and sit on your lap when you do your next VOTA run?

I'm pretty sure I'm just going to cut-and-past the same information into a new thread and call it part 3.
---

Maybe I'll come up with an improvement when part 3 hits. And it won't be the Jennifer Love Hewitt thing....but that'd be sweet, wouldn't it?
04/30/2013 10:50 AMPosted by PieHole

Um,....you expecting something awesome to happen?

Ticker tape parade?

Hellracks will be worth something?

Jennifer Love Hewitt will visit your house and sit on your lap when you do your next VOTA run?

I'm pretty sure I'm just going to cut-and-past the same information into a new thread and call it part 3.
---

Maybe I'll come up with an improvement when part 3 hits. And it won't be the Jennifer Love Hewitt thing....but that'd be sweet, wouldn't it?

im the last poster aka king