Worth Dropping OWE now?

Monk
1 2 3 9 Next
I recently picked up a great bargain ring for cheap, and it has got me thinking whether I could drop OWE or not.

27-57 Damage
95 Dex
73 AR
6 IAS
5.5 CD
OS - (plan to stick 50 dex gem here)

Considering that my rare ring was the hardest to replace previously, I can now think of dropping OWE, but after looking around at the AH it seems really really impossible.

Pros
a). Recent new builds have improved passive choices, I really liked MS, and used to run with FF until WoL builds forced me into taking Exalted Soul, but I know it is a luxury choice. But without FF, I have been playing my DH more and more because I hate slow characters.

b) Please help me think of more pros, I cant think of any more.

Cons
a). There are too many cons to dropping OWE now. The replacement gear is simply too expensive, not too mention not even available on the GAH. Gold has devalued badly, and almost all good gear is now in the RMAH, which means spending money, which I hate but not absolutely against.

Gear to replace:
1. Shoulders - would have to continue crafting, but my current shoulders arent bad, even if you take out the physical resist

2. Gloves - problematic, there are a few options on the RMAH, would gain 10+ resist (after dropping OWE) but lose about 2-3k DPS. Worst, those AR gloves are pricey about $80, which is like a 1B+ (depending on how you convert), and my current gloves wont go for more then $15.

3. Rare Ring - Replaced with the ring above, 4k DPS gain, 15k EHP loss, not too shabby.

4. Nats Ring - Again, a problem, my current ring actually is quite good DPS wise, even 8/5/25 trifectas would be a DPS-loss for me. The only option is that duped GF trifecta which gives me 8k+ DPS, but a 32k EHP loss due to the resist. And the cheapest is like $149, nothing comes close in the GAH.

5.Boots - 240dex 60 vit boots are like 400M+, or 25-30 in the RMAH, ridiculously pricey compared to my 10M boots.

b) Cost is still a secondary problem, because money still solves it, but the problem is that I think I will actually weaken myself after spending close to 250 USD to make the changes above.

I will lose 164 Resist, dropping to a poor 464 AR, and lose about 70k EHP total for a gain of 14.5k DPS, is it worth it??? Are there any slots to get more AR

I tried searching for a good AR WH, even 70 AR is equivalent to 11% life in terms of EHP, but my LS sustain value will increase a little. Swapping out my pants/chest will further decrease my EHP, no other viable slots for AR anymore...
replace your chest with ar inna, then you gonna lose 200 vit but have about 430 all resis.
now lets work on all resis...
you can replace your gloves or/and nat ring with all resis roll. this will put your all resis to 510-570 (this should be enough for MP10)

lets work on your missing 200 vit from your current inna chest.
1. replace your nat boots with vit roll, get about 60 here
2. get an amulet with vit roll (5.5 crit chance on your current amy sucks anyway) lets say about 100 here. if you get lucky, you can even find one with life% or all resis. however you might have to give up attackspeed or some crit damage or average damage.
3. maybe you get a trifecta glove with vit here. lets say about 50.
replace your chest with ar inna, then you gonna lose 200 vit but have about 430 all resis.
now lets work on all resis...
you can replace your gloves or/and nat ring with all resis roll. this will put your all resis to 510-570 (this should be enough for MP10)

lets work on your missing 200 vit from your current inna chest.
1. replace your nat boots with vit roll, get about 60 here
2. get an amulet with vit roll (5.5 crit chance on your current amy sucks anyway) lets say about 100 here. if you get lucky, you can even find one with life% or all resis. however you might have to give up attackspeed or some crit damage or average damage.
3. maybe you get a trifecta glove with vit here. lets say about 50.

Did you even read what I write...

1. Replacing Inna Chest with a 80 AR would make me lose about 65k EHP.
2. I already planned to replace my gloves with a similar AR version, about (60AR), but the slightly lower dex and 0.5 cc loss will lower my dps by 3k, not a problem except that 80 usd costs
3. Nat ring with all resist roll?

There arent many there, the best I found was a 150 dex, 8/6. with 70+ AR, but that costs 200+ USD alone, similar DPS with mine current ring, 8k DPS loss compared to that duped trifecta ring, and much more expensive. Not remotely viable. I rather stick to OWE.

4. The final figure of 464 AR with 505k EHP was already AFTER swapping my gloves to 60AR and a 240/60 Nats boots.

5. Replacing my amulet is even worst, nothing in both GAH/RMAH comes close to the DPS it gives me, 5.5 CC is bad, but the other stats it provides are hard to top.
im sorry, I thought you were asking for advice.
well then, I guess you just solved your own problem. good day.
im sorry, I thought you were asking for advice.
well then, I guess you just solved your own problem. good day.

I am, but your advice actually makes my toon even worst off...
I'm confused lol... if you've already made the decision in your mind that OWE is a good thing to use, and you don't want to gear out of it... why make this thread and ask people for opinions? Especially when they give them, then you start arguing with them lol...

¯\(º_o)/¯
I'm confused lol... if you've already made the decision in your mind that OWE is a good thing to use, and you don't want to gear out of it... why make this thread and ask people for opinions? Especially when they give them, then you start arguing with them lol...

¯\(º_o)/¯

Precisely.
That's the reason you need to do it when the dps is young. OwE is a double-edge sword.

¯\(º_o)/¯

I am just asking where what are the benefits to OWE, there certainly are, and after getting the Mempo and the new rare ring, I am quite close to gearing out of it.

Also, Violentine's advice isnt sound at all, the examples he gives actually are worst then my own analysis, and does not even see what is available on the AH.

I am looking for good advice, something that I might have missed regarding gearing, not some random sprouting without even reading through the original post.
The benefits from gearing out (read: having sufficient sustain+ehp) of having to rely on OWE or Serenity is that it gives you the flexibility of using different builds depending on whether you're playing alone or in groups.

The best example is the difference between using Overawe+BoY/FF/ES/whatever when solo vs. using TON+GL when in a group. Obviously this is assuming you're already using FS/BF (or both) and CS. Dropping OWE and Serenity frees you up to basically double your unbuffed pdps, when you're buffed.

The best build for this comes from playing in group situations using something like this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#UabQ.S!Xfg!Zacc.c

Where its really personal preference whether you fill the slot with BW or FitL. The former is better for stuff like ubers, while the latter is better for stuff like crypts runs. Obviously this is also already assuming someone else in your group has Overawe running.
at your dps level, it is hard not to gimped the power at the offensive end while gearing out from OwE. Reason is AR needs to take up RNG rolls, and your current RNG rolls are mostly taken up by the offensive stats (dex) or vit.
03/19/2013 11:20 PMPosted by yuhhaur
at your dps level, it is hard not to gimped the power at the offensive end while gearing out from OwE. Reason is AR needs to take up RNG rolls, and your current RNG rolls are mostly taken up by the offensive stats (dex) or vit.

Quite right, I have looked at numerous alternatives and other monks close to 300k without OWE and their AR is also around 450-500k.

Seems like that is the max AR I can settle for if I dont want to drop my DPS.

So basically it is 1 extra passive slot, +14k DPS, -250 USD (for nats ring, glove, boots) for 68k EHP. Worth??? I can probably recoup some from my current glove and nats ring though.
There is no reason to REPLACE OwE...why would u want to spend hundreds of millions of gold (yes I've tried) when it's there for u to use?

*Edit*
The people that have changed to set ups without OwE are forced to get ALL RES on a lot of slots that could be geared toward something else.

Like you didn't stack AR at all. What is those numbers I saw at your bracer/shoulder/glove/belt?

OP is a super high DPS character with LS
You certainly haven't taste the sweetness of the combo strike on FoT (16%) + foresight (+18%) when you are at 200k++. Adds another Blazing wrath(15%) + Guiding Light (16%) on coop - you work out the maths yourself.
There is no reason to REPLACE OwE...why would u want to spend hundreds of millions of gold (yes I've tried) when it's there for u to use?

The big reason why I refuse to replace OwE...the other passives aren't that great but most of all I LOVE the double resist rolls on certain items. It frees me up to go pure DPS on other slots, or simply stack VIT or DEX or ARMOR in other slots. The people that have changed to set ups without OwE are forced to get ALL RES on a lot of slots that could be geared toward something else.

FYI, I wouldn't dare show up with anything short of 600 AR in MP10 unless u were a super high DPS character with LS.

Well ever since I was forced into taking Exalted Soul, I honestly miss Fleet Footed LOL. I also dont have much places I can double stack resist anymore without gimping my DPS, as all RNG rolls are already maxed out.

I would drop about 130+ resist from my Nats Ring, Boots, Shoulders, gloves can be replaced with AR versions. Well, at least I would still be over 500k EHP without Amethyst.

GRRAAAHHH, Why am I even considering dropping OWE for FF of all passives
@Shade

ifeelyoubro.jpg
I'm curious what dps stats people are having to give up to get AR, compared to giving up the same # (one lol...) of stats for a resist of their choice with OWE to save money.

Or you could mention double stacking resists, but that further gimps your dps by requiring TWO affixes on items compared to one.

Its really not that bad if you think about it. You can get AR on these slots without sacrificing dps:

helm
shoulders
amulet
gloves
bracers
belt
ring
boots

You could be conservative and figure 60 AR per slot. That still gives you ~480 AR, and thats not factoring in whatever INT you have from leveling (or things like WH). Thats more than enough to easily handle MP10 anything.
I'm curious what dps stats people are having to give up to get AR, compared to giving up the same # (one lol...) of stats for a resist of their choice with OWE to save money.

Or you could mention double stacking resists, but that further gimps your dps by requiring TWO affixes on items compared to one.

Its really not that bad if you think about it. You can get AR on these slots without sacrificing dps:

helm
shoulders
amulet
gloves
bracers
belt
ring
boots

You could be conservative and figure 60 AR per slot. That still gives you ~480 AR, and thats not factoring in whatever INT you have from leveling (or things like WH). Thats more than enough to easily handle MP10 anything.

helm - 80
shoulders - 80
amulet - 0, as my is already good and crafting is failing me
gloves - 60
bracers - 80
belt - 0, swapping 11% life for 80 AR takes 2B, and that item has already been max bid on GAH
ring - 70, on 1 ring.
boots - 80

Obviously not all will be 80, more like average 75, but that fits into my final calculation of 464 AR, which I think is the max, unless a high end Nats Ring with AR can be found.

________________________________________________________________________________

Personally I think here is the gearing timeline for OWE users

Double stack resist -> no double stack as DPS take up slots, but chosen resist to replace AR on expensive slots (me right now) -> spent that bit extra to change those chosen resist to AR and drop OWE
Double stack resist -> no double stack as DPS take up slots, but chosen resist to replace AR on expensive slots (me right now) -> spent that bit extra to change those chosen resist to AR and drop OWE

you've forgot:
stage 0: no resist when hitting lvl60
stage 1: all mixed resist
stage 2: single resist

;)