Death due to Waller Affix Bug, Please Address. (pic)

General Discussion
Prev 1 19 20 21 28 Next
how abou just remove all affixes except illusionist, extra health, avenger, knockback, health link, vampiric and fast.
Why can't we just admit its not a bug and sometimes you just get a raw deal ? Like getting sideswiped in traffic. Sucks when it happens but it happens. Can't nerf that just learn to deal with the aftermath. So lets just play the game and maybe they should make it harder so more things kill you so you have to have half a brain cell when farming.
One possible solution for this is not letting 3 cast wall at the same time. I have never ever experienced this in softcore at all.
I agree that the walls on top of us are lame, but, that being said, I think of them like jailer...same same really, although I have a better chance of them spawning around me and my being able to escape then the jailer, which just locks me in place.
I don't even care if it is working as intended. It's a stupid mechanic that a wall could defy the laws of physics and go through your body. Look up "wall" in the dictionary to find out what a wall does.

It doesn't go through your body, yesterday I was playing with a single waller mob for a good 30 minutes. Never happened.

Don't know what to tell ya ellisD, It's happened to me twice since i've started my new Demonhunter. Luckily I have brooding and escaped both times with 8 k life left.. I was on rakkis again, in the middle. Second time was in crater 2. Guess I'm unlucky. /shrug

I did go a little fast through keep 2 and I almost died because i tumbled right into a wall and my prep had like 6 seconds left.. I don't think i'll make that mistake again =(

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a129/mikeglaser/a5a499cd-b7da-414c-8bb1-ee3c0239eb3f_zps0eab539f.jpg

Anywho, for all those saying don't play hardcore, that's just silly. My new demonhunter that I started when I made this thread is paragon 35 and goin strong :p Needless to say, brooding and the extra 10 discipline has helped a ton with surviving. Thanks for the tips.
03/23/2013 11:48 AMPosted by ellisD
I don't even care if it is working as intended. It's a stupid mechanic that a wall could defy the laws of physics and go through your body. Look up "wall" in the dictionary to find out what a wall does.

It doesn't go through your body, yesterday I was playing with a single waller mob for a good 30 minutes. Never happened.

It does go through your body. You are literally inside the wall. Happened to me several times.

The only way you get surrounded by the waller mechanic is by becoming surrounded by the champs themselves or getting yourself suck in a corner.

This isn't about getting surrounded. This is about being INSIDE the wall. Keyword: inside.
03/23/2013 01:38 PMPosted by Abomb247
Why can't we just admit its not a bug and sometimes you just get a raw deal ? Like getting sideswiped in traffic. Sucks when it happens but it happens. Can't nerf that just learn to deal with the aftermath. So lets just play the game and maybe they should make it harder so more things kill you so you have to have half a brain cell when farming.

We are not getting sideswiped. Just pretend you are driving down the highway and you see a truck. The truck tries vigorously to try and hit you, but you manage to avoid it with your epic driving skills. Suddenly, as you're driving down the highway about to make a fast break away, you instantly end up inside the truck, your brakes lock, and you can't release your seatbelt. The truck them smashes into oblivion and you die.

That's the kind of issue we are dealing with here. Please don't say otherwise.
Try as I might I could not recreate this issue. I probably spent an hour playing against a Waller pack with fraps on just so I could have some proof. The closest I got was being in an open area and then getting completely surrounded by walls to the point where I could not move. I have proof of that and uploaded it to YouTube:

http://youtu.be/kvtlKHk-8dU
or
/watch?v=kvtlKHk-8dU

Other than that I never got stuck inside of the wall. Sometimes it looked like I was inside of it, but I was always able to move.

Even if I'm wrong about getting stuck inside the wall, I still do not think the walls should surround you where you can't move. It's not challenging or fun or interesting. You can't serenity or vault to get out of it. It's basically like being at a red light and you're just waiting for it to turn green so you can get to where you're going.
Happened to me several times, and I died when no cd up. But I don't play hardcore. So I 'm very moody when it happens, because it always happens on elite birds or blood clan occultists with arcane enchanted, freeze, vortex(does not drag you out of this wall right on you caracter, that would be to easy) and waller, sometimes with an nice 5th affix that would be...jailer, for this death to be even more inevitable. But I think that death has to stay around the corner in some way, because it will be very boring not to be afraid of dying somehow...

Maybe HC players should just get away as soon as such combo comes out, at least those who know they will die when this happens..it's hardcore after all:-)
When the wall overlapped the character rendering him/her unmovable unless escape skills where used, I agree that was frustrating and seems like a bug. This is because it should just be a path-blocking ability rather than locking character in place - a role already filled by Jailer affix.

When the overlap happens it is a more dire situation compare to Jailer because non-AoE attacks do not penetrate the walls. Can't move and can't deal damage.

The vector of the walls is good and it would be better if the placement calculation takes into account character's movement speed and network latency. A simpler way would be putting walls at the character's hit-box boundary.

But then again, it depends on the dev team's vision/intent of what Waller does. It would be good if a CM and/or Designer would chip in and provide feedback.
Hey all,

Thanks so much for your reports. At the moment, our QA team is having difficulty reproducing this bug internally, so we have a small request.

If you're still running into situations where Waller monsters are spawning their walls right on top of your characters, we would really appreciate a list of steps that you took to get this bug to occur or a video that shows when and where this happens. (While we're super thankful for the reports and screenshots you've submitted thus far, we just need some additional details to figure out what's going on.)

For clarity: Waller champions will sometimes spawn multiple walls in a tight formation near a player, which can limit mobility. This is not a bug. However, if a single Waller wall is spawned right on top of a character, causing it to be unable to move, then that's a bug and we would like to know more about these situations.

Thank you!
It happens when they criss-cross walls on top of you. It happens with 2 walls not one. You guys need to make it to where the elite's walls can't criss-cross on top of each other and the problem will be fixed. It's dumb that they can do that anyway. As it stands right now you can wiggle out of one wall spawning on top of you, but not two. Imagine an X with your torso right in the center.

Edit: I want to clarify that this is not just me being trapped between walls, but both walls physically passing through my character, preventing me from wiggling out like I can with one wall.
I seem to have it spawned on me more often in thinner corridors. I could just be imagining that though
Whenever walls spawn on me, there is always a way out, most of the time is the opposite direction where you are going.
It happens when they criss-cross walls on top of you. It happens with 2 walls not one. You guys need to make it to where the elite's walls can't criss-cross on top of each other and the problem will be fixed. It's dumb that they can do that anyway. As it stands right now you can wiggle out of one wall spawning on top of you, but not two. Imagine an X with your torso right in the center.

Edit: I want to clarify that this is not just me being trapped between walls, but both walls physically passing through my character, preventing me from wiggling out like I can with one wall.

This sounds correct, but I've gotten stuck just a bit outside of where the cross section appears on the screen, and the cross section is always just above where my character is standing.
If you're still running into situations where Waller monsters are spawning their walls right on top of your characters, we would really appreciate a list of steps that you took to get this bug to occur or a video that shows when and where this happens.

Anyone else want to suicide hes HC character to make a video of the bug? LOL