Mp changes

General Discussion
Since we all will be much stronger once legendary improvements take place MP10 will quickly become a joke to an extremely large portion of the playerbase, possibly even enough that casual players might start farming MP10. I believe that the devs need to increase the number of MP available to 20, or at the very least 15. This would add some challenge back to the game for players who really need some.

At the current formula, [(hp of last MP mobs) * (1.4)], MP15 mobs would have approximately 5.38 times as much hp as current MP10 mobs and MP20 mobs would have approximately 28.93 times as much hp as MP10 mobs. I have not calculated how much damage these mobs would inflict but I am certain it would make higher MP game VERY challenging.

If this was implemented, however, then there would have to be changes to the Ubers. On MPs 11-20 they might possibly drop their regular organs once (never more then once) as well as a small chance to drop something else that can be crafted into something awesome. I also think the ubers should always have a very small chance to drop recipes that can ONLY be gotten from killing them (maybe 1% chance per MP for a recipe to drop).

Thoughts?
Travis Day talks about optional challenge through Monster Power in this post, and (for reference) here is the Itemization blog that mentions the future of Legendary items. I think it’s difficult to anticipate how those future updates to Legendary items will affect the challenge in higher Monster Power settings without knowing what other updates might be made to the game, but viable optional challenge is important to Diablo III. If players find those higher settings too easy, then we will be sure to let the developers know.
03/26/2013 07:15 PMPosted by Grimiku
Travis Day talks about optional challenge through Monster Power in this [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7980249170?page=20#387"]post[/url], and (for reference) here is the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8953696/developer-journal-itemization-update-3-5-2013"]Itemization blog[/url] that mentions the future of Legendary items. I think it’s difficult to anticipate how those future updates to Legendary items will affect the challenge in higher Monster Power settings without knowing what other updates might be made to the game, but viable optional challenge is important to Diablo III. If players find those higher settings too easy, then we will be sure to let the developers know.

The thing is, we farm items for what? PvP?

We need some PvE content that is really challenging, outside of increasing MP. How about an arena with infinite monsters and you have to survive the longest - It's a competition to know who can survive the longest (or which team). Every month or so, it resets, like a ladder :)
03/26/2013 07:19 PMPosted by DoomBringer
Travis Day talks about optional challenge through Monster Power in this [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7980249170?page=20#387"]post[/url], and (for reference) here is the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8953696/developer-journal-itemization-update-3-5-2013"]Itemization blog[/url] that mentions the future of Legendary items. I think it’s difficult to anticipate how those future updates to Legendary items will affect the challenge in higher Monster Power settings without knowing what other updates might be made to the game, but viable optional challenge is important to Diablo III. If players find those higher settings too easy, then we will be sure to let the developers know.

We need some PvE content that is really challenging, outside of increasing MP. How about an arena with infinite monsters and you have to survive the longest - It's a competition to know who can survive the longest (or which team). Every month or so, it resets, like a ladder :)

Quite simply this^... We just need more to do.. Something to keep the entertainment level going. Anything really. New quests, challenges, achievements that are not bugged, all of the above. Something other than A3 XP runs, or MP10 Uber runs.
We need some PvE content that is really challenging, outside of increasing MP.

+1 THIS THIS THIS THIS!!!!
I don't want new content yet.

Make itemization better, I mean full overhaul, not a bandaid, not we'll fix half of it now and kick the can down the road until post-expansion.

Make classes more diverse, this DPS only matters crap is why 80+% of the players only rolls Barbs to farm MP10 on half the budget it takes for other characters and x5 the efficiency.
-1 no, no, no.

Game already has 44 difficulty levels. Pub games are a disaster with act 1,2 and 4 desolate wastelands on all MP's. Player base is split up too much as it is. Game was fine when it was Normal, Nightmare, Hell and Inferno as extra content not meant for everyone.

Make itemization better, I mean full overhaul, not a bandaid, not we'll fix half of it now and kick the can down the road until post-expansion.

Make classes more diverse, this DPS only matters crap is why 80+% of the players only rolls Barbs to farm MP10 on half the budget it takes for other characters and x5 the efficiency.

I think it's the other way around. Even if itemization is fixed, it won't matter cause there's nothing to use the items for. I don't get the point of farming items, so you can farm for more items.

yeah... that sounds GREAT for hardcore players.... NOT
Why not do both eventually? That way we all can enjoy greater challenge at whatever difficulty we perfer. I would personally like to see old school classics return such as the Chamber of Bone and some monsters such as the hidden and Oblivion knights (D1 style, death animation included).

Also maybe a checkable option given to those who have beaten the game completely (beat Inferno or at least hit 60) to allow a shuffling of mobs that appear in each zone like in D2 in Hell after a few patches. That way we have to actually change strategies since we do not know what combo of mobs we have to face upon entering a zone for those who choose the option.
-1 no, no, no.

Game already has 44 difficulty levels. Pub games are a disaster with act 1,2 and 4 desolate wastelands on all MP's. Player base is split up too much as it is. Game was fine when it was Normal, Nightmare, Hell and Inferno as extra content not meant for everyone.

Well, patch 1.08 is supposed to fix "monster density", so if everything goes as planned, every act should be competitive.

Patch 1.09 is supposed to be about itemization, so if everything goes as planned, loots should feel rewarding.

Patch 1.10 is supposed to be about PvP and Arena. If everything goes well, we should have PvP, MOBA style, team deathmatch, etc.

I'm taking a step further and adding PvE instance that are really challenging inside the arena. Team up with people take tackle on challenges!

03/26/2013 07:44 PMPosted by Michael

yeah... that sounds GREAT for hardcore players.... NOT

Umm, there's the possibility of "legendary random events" or other challenging rare events. I made a few threads about it but nothing came out of it :(

I still stand by the belief that random events should be a high priority for Blizzard, once they get patch 1.08-1.10 done.
Since we all will be much stronger once legendary improvements take place MP10 will quickly become a joke to an extremely large portion of the playerbase, possibly even enough that casual players might start farming MP10. I believe that the devs need to increase the number of MP available to 20, or at the very least 15. This would add some challenge back to the game for players who really need some.

Increasing the number of MP levels is a good way to add optional difficulty, but I would rather see Blizzard make the game harder in more creative ways. If the developer added new types of affixes to elites or even added new skills to regulars monsters, that would be more challenging and fun.

Elites that could reflect projectile attacks would really spice things up for ranged players. And likewise, elites that could make temporary clones of players next to them would make melee fighters be a little more cautious with their builds. Those are just some quick and rough ideas, but convey my point.

Actually, I like the idea of increasing MP levels, and adding more skill types to enemies. Here is to hoping we see both in future patches.

I second your suggestion. Great idea, DoomBringer. I hope Grimiku agrees and forwards your idea to the development team.

So much this... an endless dungeon for Inferno players only with sequential bosses every 5 or so rooms would be AWESOME.

Say what you want about the overall way this game works... the main problem is lack of content. There's no fun way to grind out XP or loot. You're stuck playing the same parts of Act 3 over and over... other acts aren't valid, and a change of scenery would be nice. Even if that change of scenery is just re-used art assets piled into an endless dungeon that changes from room to room to include other areas of each map.

They're talking about increasing monster density... and that would be fine. But we all know that Act 3 is still going to remain the place to go to farm XP and loot. It ultimately won't change anything. Stick me in a room where I have to slaughter 100 various zombies... then another room where I have to slaughter 100 zombies and skeletons... and then a room where I have to fight the Skeleton King. I'd be happy with an "endless" dungeon to grind.
MP11 - MP20 ?

Well, patch 1.08 is supposed to fix "monster density", so if everything goes as planned, every act should be competitive.

Patch 1.09 is supposed to be about itemization, so if everything goes as planned, loots should feel rewarding.

Patch 1.10 is supposed to be about PvP and Arena. If everything goes well, we should have PvP, MOBA style, team deathmatch, etc.

I'm taking a step further and adding PvE instance that are really challenging inside the arena. Team up with people take tackle on challenges!

Nowhere did Blizzard announce that the itemization changes would be taking place in patch 1.09, or PvP changes in 1.10. They simply mentioned that they have plans somewhere down the road, probably within 6 months time. It's posts like this that spread false information and give people the impression that Blizzard is "lying" to them when 1.09 turns out to be a few security updates.

Stop jumping to conclusions.

Agree with DoomBringer on this, we need more activity like uber (uber is fun but gettin old). Having 2 or 3 of these would be fun for ppl to test their skills...
03/26/2013 08:11 PMPosted by Sÿlak
We need some PvE content that is really challenging

They can't add enough content. Whatever they add, most people will finish it in a hour and then want more. Add act five and act 6. Finished first day. What next?

Basically, have random rare events that are challenging. I made so many threads about it but no one really bothered with them since I don't usually use provocative tittle.

*Random events locations where the random event is randomly selected within a large pool of potential events upon map creation.
*Pandemonium event (Super rare but really challenging events)
*Random dungeons in random dungeons.
*More random events in random dungeon.
*More unique purple monster (more = making them feel unique, not exactly increasing the number of them. They need to be threatening. They could be on par with the keywarden for instance)

I don't really feel like elaborating too much since it's going to get ignored anyway.
03/26/2013 07:15 PMPosted by Grimiku

Hi, I don't meant to be disrespectful, but why is it that CMs and other blues will quickly reply to small questions like the OP's, but completely ignore all negative criticism of things like the Dev Q&A?

I think it's the other way around. Even if itemization is fixed, it won't matter cause there's nothing to use the items for. I don't get the point of farming items, so you can farm for more items.

I get that but what is the point of adding new content when classes are severely unbalanced and is going to only reward one class because DPS is the only thing that matters after 300-400 resist all. I would like to see the game fleshed out, have a ton of the ridiculous shallowness of the game wiped out entirely before they start adding real content that will only benefit one class due to how that class scales(because dps only matters)

Itemization needs a complete overhaul, not just a crappy bandaid, and this whole "new legendaries will be powerful!" I'll believe it when I see it. If you look at the item blog for 1.04, those legendaries are mostly terrible and not even used.

I am really hoping its a real itemization fix and not a bandaid that only kicks the can down the road until they can milk people 40$ for an expansion.