Hellfire ring for p100

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
@CrniVuk
one ring needs 3 organs. each uber boss can drop a single organ (%100 rate at MP10).

my luck with the amulet was 150-160 tries. so for me to craft 150-160 rings i would need three times the amount in organs 150x3=450 160x3=480. so i would have to fight 450-480 uber bosses in total to make as many rings as i did for my amulet.

i didn't even care to mention the key runs.

btw i'm pretty good at math.

Thats the point. To get an "decent" ring from the quest takes simply to much time instead of the 100+ milion gold to simply pay for one that will make the HF ring look like crap. To get an "end game" item here you would have to make like 140 000 HF rings ... or something like that. Maybe not that much. Lets say its 400. Still way to much. If the idea of teh HF quest was to "copy" the Torch quest from D2, then they did a REALLY poor job with that since even if the torch had some randomness to it, it was usually usefull at least for some character and you definitely had not to do it like 400 times to get an decent one. Just saying. This hellfire quest is one of the huge disapointments.

@seamonster
level 63 items have 6 slots. this ring already comes with 1 main stat and 4 randoms. the 6th slot is used for the exp bonus. which is useless on p100 characters. i suggested to change the 6th slot to random as well. just like the level 63 amu.. one main stat with 5 randoms. sounds fair to me.

@Telliks
forgot to mention. i play self-found only. so crafting is a huge deal for me.

no, please no. It takes so much time to do this silly quest. Even more RNG will make it worse then what it is now.

What we need are things where we can FIGHT RNG.
The main fail of the ubers battles is you ONLY get a hellfire ring??? WHY?? let us craft more that a freaking ring....
A Hellfire Ring without the %exp bonus, but with an extra random slot wouldn't add anything to the game. Replacing the %exp bonus with something that is unique and only useful for plvl 100 sounds a lot better to me. How about 35% MF/GF bonus OVER the 300% cap?

still useless, at some point you can get far more then 400% MF. Playing high enough MP levels with decent speed you can easily get 500% with P90 chars. What are some 35% more doing to that? Exactly nothing. Not to mention with more MF you just find more crap.

I like the idea that the HF ring would give you CLASS SPECIFIC skills, like if you chose "DH" then you get some skill for the DH instead of the EXP gain. And replacing that fireball with something "useful" would be a good start too.
@CrniVuk
as you said yourself crafting a BiS ring is a very very low probability. so why not give us the opportunity? i probably won't ever accomplish a great one. but i would always have the chance to try. and that's the whole point. something to keep me going.

@SLAYZILLA
i agree there should be more use for organs and as i mentioned before i agree there should be different types of ring crafting available. so i'm on the same page with you guys there.
[quote]
I like the idea that the HF ring would give you CLASS SPECIFIC skills, like if you chose "DH" then you get some skill for the DH instead of the EXP gain. And replacing that fireball with something "useful" would be a good start too.

+1
03/29/2013 06:47 AMPosted by Azazel
I can't believe i forgot to mention this. The fireball is about as lame as it can possibly get. I mean, i'ts a FIREBALL... it's like the most basic skill ever in every single game in the history of gaming. The all mighty milti billion dollar Blizzard company could absolutely not think of anything better than a stupid fireball... and just to make it worse, they copy-pasted it from zoltun kulle, it's the exact same attack, it's unbelievable. They could have made it a meteor shower, or some kind of a freezing attack, or a poison cloud, ANYTHING would have been better.

Hahaha this ^. A damn level 1 Sorc in D2 has a fireball. (And it's still probably better than the HF ring's fireball) :P
as a reminder; only one ring can be equipped at a time. that's why i don't believe the rings mentioned here would be overpowered or game breaking.
@CrniVuk
as you said yourself crafting a BiS ring is a very very low probability. so why not give us the opportunity? i probably won't ever accomplish a great one. but i would always have the chance to try. and that's the whole point. something to keep me going.

yes, I agree! But give us a "decent" one! Seriously. What does it help to have a chance if that chance is as low like wining the state lottery?

03/29/2013 07:07 AMPosted by Azazel

I've been saying this since the first day they gave us the ubers... to no avail. I really don't know what kind of people work there...

yeah well, I am also surpriesd about the effect of many of the items they reworked with the last patches. Like Andariels for example. I mean that "poison nova". Neither can you see it nor is it strong. If it would not be in the describtion you could not even realize that its there.

Why not make the poison nova at least look like the one from andariel?
i dont know man i have a pretty good hellfire ring take a look at my profile i have it on.got it on the 8th try.
the Hellfire ring sucks. It is only good for start up characters.
I agree. Grinding for hellfire rings should be part of the endgame once u hit p100 but since they only roll with 4 random properties, getting a trifecta is so unlikely its not worth the time investment. Please give us the option to replace the fireball or xp bonus with a random property.
What do you mean it's useless for p100 players? I will use mine on all my toons till the end of d3. Mine is one of the best hf rings out there
What about this: once you get to p100 the chance to cast hellfire ball increases to 100%, so every single time you attack, you launch a fireball :) even if it doesn't make much damage, casting it every single time you hit will end up adding some dps. Another option is to make all items that grant %exp bonus to give % damage to elites once you get to p100, in some fraction ( 1/5 for example ) so hellfire ring would add 7% damage to elites.
The purpose of the Hellfire Ring is for Paragon leveling and alts. If they wanted to put one in for p100 players they would have. If the HR is the best ring you can find then good for you, and if it's not then just find an upgrade. Sorry to say, but p100 players are not entitled to a crafted ring just because they're p100 and extra exp is useless to them.

03/29/2013 05:14 AMPosted by shafuq
the only level 63 rings in game

Set rings are level 63.

the only level 63 rings in game

Set rings are level 63.

Set rings are level 62...
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/ring/
Same as Unity, Stone of Jordan, etc.
@Chadkan
i didn't say they were useless. the exp bonus is an empty slot for such characters.

@Siegfried
the transformation to elite damage sounds really nice!

@Lemonhead
then let us craft some other type of ring. and you got me wrong. i didn't really want something extra for p100. my main concern is that we can't benifit from one of the stats. let us craft any other type of Level 63 ring then. not only p100s but all levels.