pvp monk high tier experts

Monk
thank you Wittster!!! ^_^
I agree with Witt.

I sit at 2.48 (helm) 2.23 (ring) 3 (Mantra) 1 (ES) = 7.71 or so.

I also have 2x 2.5 spir/sec fist weps that I swap to when kiting babas to regain spirit after a burst attempt or when monks play hard-to-get.
Haha, dueling. I hate dueling.
04/03/2013 12:18 PMPosted by jco310
Haha, dueling. I hate dueling.

oh, the irony..
^

Yes, the irony is delicious.

Dueling gets very boring after a few hours of it, extremely pointless.
^

Yes, the irony is delicious.

Dueling gets very boring after a few hours of it, extremely pointless.

Tell that to my entire Saturday last weekend .... where the heck did 8 hours go?!?!

#I<3dueling
Druin, i see you mentioned a sheild vs WD and Skorn vs Barb, but what about vs a DH and vs another Monk? 1h and shield i'm assuming? And thoughts on LOH, LS, and health regen in pvp? Thanks
04/03/2013 02:08 PMPosted by Punishir
Druin, i see you mentioned a sheild vs WD and Skorn vs Barb, but what about vs a DH and vs another Monk? 1h and shield i'm assuming? And thoughts on LOH, LS, and health regen in pvp? Thanks

Shield vs DH and shield vs Monk unless the monk goes FULL tank and strait up can't kill me then I will skorn.

I swap them a LOT mid-duel too depending on the situation.

For example, if I know my EP can't 1 shot a monk due to his eHP and I got him to blow serenity but my seren is still up, I will whip out skorn and chase him down and land an EP while invinicible then run and switch back to shield.

If it crits, no one lives through a Skorn EP crit! :D
you and your switching druin :D
I'm assuming a Stormshield would be the shield of choice? Never used a shield, but was thinking of picking one up that i could use on other classes too.
no rare /w Crit chance. . Crit hits make or break you in PVP imo
04/03/2013 02:19 PMPosted by Punishir
I'm assuming a Stormshield would be the shield of choice? Never used a shield, but was thinking of picking one up that i could use on other classes too.

Rare with very high Dex/Vit/CHC and ideally all-res and/or life%.

Block doesn't matter.

My shield is 250ish dex 170ish vit 70ish all-res and 10% CHC.
Rare with very high Dex/Vit/CHC and ideally all-res and/or life%.

Block doesn't matter.

My shield is 250ish dex 170ish vit 70ish all-res and 10% CHC.

why block doesnt matter? just curious... ^_^
so many pro monks here, come try my troll barb, I love to practice my troll
04/03/2013 07:34 PMPosted by MINIKONG

I might take your offer on that one :-o
If you want to duel a barb, fight MannerCookie, he enjoys dueling.
04/03/2013 08:46 PMPosted by jco310
If you want to duel a barb, fight MannerCookie, he enjoys dueling.

he too high level gear too good, my troll barb is just an average player.
and lastly my monk hate to fight barb most, so trying to use my troll barb to find different monks, and see what type of monk I haste most, and scare most off.
so I can equip my monk with that
04/03/2013 08:01 PMPosted by Kaazzeerr

I might take your offer on that one :-o

sure bro, later at night, I am practicing my troll barb, it is so fun in trolling ppl, yesterday my troll barb join mp 10, and use like 3 min just to kill the fat boy!
but nothing kill me!
I got a really good barb on Friend List that always wants a good fight if anyone is interested. I can;t give him a challenge.

By really good I mean none of you can beat him. (<---- Them fightin' words!)

:D

Who?

Edit: just looked at mannercookie's gear, as long as I could kill him in 1 combo (not sure I can based on his eHP) I could win. I have fought rend barbs with his level of dps many many many many many times and I have no problem living until combo is up multiple times.

The only issue I see is that he has ~25% more eHP than most barbs which means I would need ~25% more dps than I currently have. This isn't an issue for the long-run because there are plenty of upgrade slots for me still for DPS and/or eHP ... but it may be a hindrance for now.