no class balancing in 1.0.8?? nerf WOTB already

General Discussion
1 2 3 44 Next
DISCLAIMER:
In a perfect world we wouldnt have to nerf this. blizz could wave a magical buff wand and everything would be perfect. but everyclass will see nerfs at some point. Im just pointing out a deserved nerf

The first time i posted this, it was moved to PTR feedback. This post has nothing to do with the PTR i have never even played the PTR. This post is about the future of the game.

I believe that if other classes are to be buffed to match the barb class it would take an entire skill overhaul of the other classes. Or blizz could adjust thrive on chaos, into the fray, or run like the wind.

I suggest they take away cc immunity for thrive on chaos. this will still let all you barbs be the most OP class in the game but its a safe step forward. if you refuse to discover ways to deal with cc affixes of elites and must quit I just cant believe that.

Barbs, before responding please read the following responses to your predictable posts:

1)roll a barb- ok youve proved my point! everyone should roll barb, other classes shouldnt exist

2) buff everyone else- i totally agree but that would require entire overhaul of the other 4 classes which i dont see blizz doing

3)how does it affect you- it affects us all. the lack of balance in this game makes it unattractive to other gamers because of the bad rap diablo has. i love this game and i hate hearing people diss on it. ive had tons of friends sell their gear and roll a barb get bored really fast and quick. I ask them hop on do a run with me, they say have they fixed class balance yet? etc. im guessing most botters use barbs. now with this new patch its pretty much mandatory to sell your 2 bil char, and have 4 200 mil each barbs multiboxing and flooding the economy. you also often ruin pub games

one of the main flaws people who have quit the game and are waiting to return have mentioned is massive class imbalance. No class can achieve the numbers of mobs/loot per hr that barbs can achieve.
Everyone (even if you overpaid for gear) would be better off selling all their gear and buying a barb.
Even someone who wants to invest money in the game has face the fact that a 10 bil barb is better than a 10 bil wiz wd dh or monk

thrive on chaos is both gamebreaking and mandatory

I dont ever ask for nerfs but it has become abundantly clear that blizz is not going to buff the other classes to equal the barb. it would be easier to just nerf thrive on choas because 100% uptime CC immunity.

You cant simply balance a game with only buffs, its just going to water it down every patch. every patch we look forward to the game getting easier and a never ending buff slope.

i know games cant be perfectly balanced but they can at least make an effort to do so. I hope blizzard can find a way around this and I hope with some positive and meaningful discussion from both barbs and others we can find a way around this issue that keeps things fun and makes the game look better from an outside perspective
Yeah i 2nd this note and WOTB is so OP with the fact that nothing hurts them when in WOTB. And you can keep WOTB up forever in higher MPS so never frozen never jailed etc.

Blizzard should make it only first 30s of WOTB to be immune to CC effects if up longer than that then they can be cced period.
How does this effect you at all?
Then play a barb
04/09/2013 03:58 PMPosted by DDemonsOne
How does this effect you at all?

it will expand the player base. it will make the game more balanced and fair. I will continue to play regardless since i love this game but this game is seriously dying. everyday top geared players (usually not a barb or wiz) sell of their gear and leave because they are sick of this blantant game breaking mechanic. my friends who quit months ago keep asking are barbs still OP? oh yes well ill keep playing (insert game)

Then play a barb and stop wining

i have a barb LOL. what a stupid remark. the whole reason i am saying this needs to be changed is because you should be able to play 5 near equal classes. the answer to everyone shouldnt just be play barb. i assume blizzard and the fan base want all classes to be viable.

these responses are hilariously uninformed.
If anything WOTB needs a buff. It claims to provide CC immunity, but you still get locked in by waller. They need to buff WOTB so you can spin through walls. It's not doing what it is advertised to do.
Expand player base? LOL, what?? That makes no sense whatsoever how that one thing would bring players back 'They nerfed another thing??!! Well of course I'll come back, not like they nerfed everything in this game to hell!' Come on man, stop crying about nerfs... This game is a joke because of cry babies wanting nerfs. 1.0.6. the only thing not faceroll was reflect... then 1.0.7. and reflect became easier... come...on. Nerfs are plain stupid and no need for them... WoTB shouldnt be nerfed... but one things for sure, your brains been nerfed just as badly as this game.
04/09/2013 04:07 PMPosted by finklses
If anything WOTB needs a buff. It claims to provide CC immunity, but you still get locked in by waller. They need to buff WOTB so you can spin through walls. It's not doing what it is advertised to do.

0/10
Increase the cooldown of serenity...it is OP. o.O

While you are at it, I feel like it is unfair that the TR build provides unlimited resources for constant donatello'ing. ^_^
dont nerf

buff everything else
04/09/2013 04:09 PMPosted by Thunder
Expand player base? LOL, what?? That makes no sense whatsoever how that one thing would bring players back 'They nerfed another thing??!! Well of course I'll come back, not like they nerfed everything in this game to hell!' Come on man, stop crying about nerfs... This game is a joke because of cry babies wanting nerfs. 1.0.6. the only thing not faceroll was reflect... then 1.0.7. and reflect became easier... come...on. Nerfs are plain stupid and no need for them... WoTB shouldnt be nerfed... but one things for sure, your brains been nerfed just as badly as this game.

being able to honestly tell people the game is balanced now will make it attractive again to all the people who liked the concept of diablo but didnt want to be beta testing a "finished" game and quit due to these imbalances
04/09/2013 04:10 PMPosted by CuRsEd

go ahead, its a waste of a slot LOL
04/09/2013 04:12 PMPosted by lysergia

go ahead, its a waste of a slot LOL

A waste of a slot until you get jailed and BAM
Nerf lysergia

Leave everyone else as is
dont nerf

buff everything else

ah yes in a perfect world that would happen. but what makes more sense nerf 1 skill or buff every other?

its not that the other classes are weak its that WOTB is breaking the game

being able to honestly tell people the game is balanced now will make it attractive again to all the people who liked the concept of diablo but didnt want to be beta testing a "finished" game and quit due to these imbalances

Sorry to say, the ones who quit arent EVER coming back no matter what. They are long gone, no matter how good d3 becomes, if it ever does become so. I feel yes WoTB is powerful but every class has that one powerful thing, wizard - arcane, monk - holy skill (forgot name)... every class has one, your choice to use it. I dont feel a game should ever be nerfed, but other things become stronger. +1 to previous poster who said that. Nerfs just shouldnt happen.

Edit: CM wizards use their frost and become immune somewhat, should we also nerf them? I mean come on... how does it break the game if they so choose to play barb? Answer this.
They need to nerf Critical Hit Chance.
Give it diminishing returns with a soft cap around 15-20%

Doing this will bring WotB, and Critical Mass under control.
Broken builds that give infinite resource regen and instant cooldowns won't make all other builds worthless by comparison. We'll have a far better balanced game for all classes and since the system uses diminishing returns, gear worn by players won't completely worthless.
All I hear from the OP is QQ. !@#$ and play the game. Stop caring so much about how to nerf and make the game less fun for other people you jerk.
Nerf lysergia

Leave everyone else as is

if it makes the game more fair and balanced im all for it :)