Which Is Your Favorite Change Coming in Patch 1.0.8?

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 Next
How about fixing the WOTB rune?
Which is my favorite change coming in patch 1.0.8? Actual game play delivery? On a reliable basis? Really guys, if Blizzard is going to REQUIRE an online connection to play the game in any fashion, then Blizzard should should provide a connection point.
I agree the Mob density is kick !@#.
Group play buffs also, ID all.
Keep the good stuff coming.
I like how you are finally letting me lock in my items so I don't accidently delete anything...oh wait...you still aren't doing that...never mind.
The changes are all great. If the next patch focuses on items and class balance, that would be the greatest.

Make sure if anything is nerfed to buff accordingly to make up for the loss. The idea is to make sure people can still play their characters the same way as they do now, but also able to compete in new ways.

-Nerf into the fray, lower the cooldown on WotB and Earthquake, buff all other fury generators - by reducing cooldowns.
-Nerf gloom, buff dodge and DH damage by 2-3x.
-Nerf energy twister proc rate and reduce cost, reduce all cooldowns.
-Single resists on items increased by 4x, one with everything nerfed.
-WD doesn't need any nerfs just buffs.
-Item movement speed cap removed.

-Reduce cooldowns please. There's no reason for them to be arbitrarily high across the board. 2 minute cooldowns in a Diablo game is a joke. While I understand that having cooldowns in general makes the game more of a challenge, reducing them would make the game more fun and diverse.
The bonus to multiplayer is my favorite, and lowering monster strength, or power. I stopped playing multiplayer to level up for a while. More incentive for me to join others with my higher level characters. I enjoy the AH feature and RMAH, although the account bound crafted items were better than my items for sale. Some rolled better than my current legendaries. It's the challenge of searching for that item that nobody wants or notices on AH or RMAH that keeps me interested. The reward vs. MP10 difficulty is not worth it. I can do MP10 all day if I knew my killing an elite or boss was going to give me a decent roll. I also understand that any changes you make on itemization will affect item values that are already in the market. The mechanics of the game are different than d2 but can be worked around finding the right gear and luck with the rolls. The graphics are hands down better than D2, but the latency can be an issue at times.
Like it says on AH and RMAH, item values may change for game balancing. Buyer beware. Overall, it's getting better, slowly.
Oh, I also like that your increasing monster density on other acts. Doing act 3 thousands of times to level was getting old. Just check what act and quest had the most players and you know what I mean.
I guess monster density, though the monster density doesn't matter until itemization is fixed.
Favorite has to be the multiplayer improvements. It finally feels good to play with other people and actually have an incentive to.

It's hard to choose between the monster density (which is near the best) and the multiplayer, plus the ID all is just the biggest time saved and such need reduction to mundane tasks.

The Archon changes are going to be epic!

THANKS!
Monster density and multi-player buffs welcomed. I'm looking forward to cleaving hordes of enemies in acts one, two and four!
Enhancing the multi-player experience is what I am really excited to see. Love the fact that blizz is including our input and requests to help shape the game (which imo is a great product). Great job blizz love your products!
The 1.08 Itemization update is going to be amazing! I can't wait to get all my friends to come back and play for more than an hour before they quit again!

Oh, wait.
Ah another fool. Not once did they ever say itemization would be fixed in 1.08.
The 1.08 Itemization update is going to be amazing! I can't wait to get all my friends to come back and play for more than an hour before they quit again!

Oh, wait.

Sheldon Cooper, is that you???

Oh, wait.

Sheldon Cooper, is that you???
Nope.
Hopefully custom named games, followed by; identify all, bonus xp changes, mob hp reduction, and density changes. Mp 10 is the new mp 8 as a friend of mine said.
Hooray, more mobs to drop crap loot.

I guess I'm excited to actually play a different Act for a change...but I'll have to check it out after the itemization patch because more mobs that drop trash loot isn't going to keep my interest. Time to take a break and try out your competitor's games for a while I think.

With hundreds of hours logged, I can't say I didn't enjoy my time in sanctuary thus far...but 12 months later and the complete lack of competence in resolving the BIGGEST issue plaguing this game, time for me to go outside and stretch while they get their crap together.
First I would like to thank you guys for buffing SOMETHING in the Demon hunter class with the recent improvements to Rapid Fire. Unfortunately, I don't think these changes will help my character the way I have it built. I have invested a lot of resources into the build, so in order to take advantage of Rapid Fire I would need to completely re-gear my character. Currently I stay alive by using Shadow Power. I replenish my Discipline with Ball Lightning combined with the passive skill Night Stalker. Firing a few volleys of Lightning Ball through crowds refills my Discipline quite effectively. I have no max discipline on my DH, and a lot invested in the gear. Unfortunately, even with the rapid Fire rune that "sometimes" penetrates enemies doesn't quite do the trick. It sure would be great to see a buff to Ball Lightning.

Regarding the other changes, they seem very good. monster Density has improved in Act 1 for sure (I haven't played Act 2 on PTR). Combining that with the efficient group runs has really made the game fun. keep up the good work there. Act 1 is my favorite area of the game, and it is great to see it worth playing.

I am on a tangent now, but for the Expansion I hope you guys include something like the Jungle from D2. That was my favorite area in either D2 or D3.
I really like the buff to DH's Rapid Fire but:

"Skill Rune - Withering Fire = Now reduces the initial Hatred cost to 10 (up from 5)"

This doesn't make sense. "10" is the initial cost of Withering Fire. So all this rune will do is "ignite arrows" causing them to do fire damage instead of physical? Who cares? This rune is now even more useless. No one will ever use this rune, is there time to have this rune do something useful?