Witch Doctor MP 10 Build - Non 0 Dog

Witch Doctor
People have told me for months that Witch Doctors are unable to survive/farm MP10. On this day, and after many test runs, I am able to post this message with the utmost in confidence that Witch Doctors are more viable than the standard norm would have one believe.

The following list depicts my current build. It is worth noting that I am 266K DPS unbuffed with 54.5K Life. The higher your DPS, the faster you can tear down elite packs. Yes - elite packs! None of this silly farming MP10 white trash while twirling away from elites.

THE BUILD:

1.) Spirit Walk - Healing Journey Relic
This can be substituted with the Honored Guest relic for mana regeneration, however with this build I find that the Healing Journey HP regeneration is more efficient.

2.) Grasp of the Dead - Rain of Corpses
Hold mobs in place while dealing 320% weapon damage over 6 seconds. This allows me to sit way back and bomb them with my frogs.

3.) Gargantuan - Restless Giant
He enrages upon meeting elites or large groups of mobs, acting as a great tank and keeping the damage off you.

4.) Hex - Jinx
Turn those mobs into sheep(?) and make them take an additional 20% damage with the Jinx relic.

Primary Attack.) Plague of Toads - Rain of Toads
At a safe distance, bombard the enemy with AoE poisonous toads that utilize very little mana. The poison damage is complimented by my zuni boots and tal's amulet.

Secondary Attack.) Zombie Dogs - Burning Dogs
The more pets tanking for you, the higher you will avoid damage in MP10. I chose burning dogs for the DPS. However, the dog of choice is up to you. Mana regeneration is generally not a problem with the build unless your DPS is low and you need to spam Hex and Frogs for a long duration. In which case, switch to the Honored Guest Relic.

PASSIVE SKILLS

1.) Pierce the Viel: +20% DPS on all damage, nuff said.
2.) Zombie Handler: Four Burning Zombie Dogs are better than three.
3.) Spirit Vessel: Just in case you take lethal damage, you can resurrect with 15% health before completely wiping. This also reduces your cool down on Spirit Walk for HP regeneration.

Thoughts and comments are welcome. Have a great day.
i think that build will work, but it wont be very fast. ill try to test it out, but i think this build is better for people that cant take hits on high mp and it wont be very fast
Not only wouldn't it be all that fast but the cost is insane for the gear that guy has on his profile, and for just the cost of one part you could fully equip a barb, wiz, or monk with good enough gear to run around in mp10 and do a better job than his WD fully geared as is.
In regards to speed - it can tear down white trash rather quickly. SOME elites however do take a while to kill, however this IS the most difficult monster power power skill level. I simply want to prove that it is not ALL doom and gloom for the WD class. We can still own if played intelligently, rather than how I used to play (and many of us still do) - which was Spirit Walking into a mob, Soul Harvesting, then face tanking with bears...
you may get more responses if you post this in the WD forum...but your gear and skills chosen are not optimal for mp10. It will take you a very very long time to kill anything in mp10

You don't have enough mana, mana regen and using the PtV passive (i.e., increasing your mana cost by 30%) only increases the issue.
I have absolutely NO mana regen problems with this build. None. If I did I would simply switch a passive or Spirit Walk relic.
any mp10 build without bears can't be very good (non 0dog of course)
04/03/2013 07:20 AMPosted by voluptuary
Not only wouldn't it be all that fast but the cost is insane for the gear that guy has on his profile, and for just the cost of one part you could fully equip a barb, wiz, or monk with good enough gear to run around in mp10 and do a better job than his WD fully geared as is.

Thanks for the gear compliment
04/03/2013 07:27 AMPosted by Nyro
I have absolutely NO mana regen problems with this build. None. If I did I would simply switch a passive or Spirit Walk relic.

you have no issues with mana because you don't use any major damage dealers...rain of toads is not a viable dmg dealer at anything outside of mp2-3
you already have more then 300 000 dps with 33 000 elite kills? Its not meant as offense, but be honest here, not all of the items you have are either found or the typical AH trading ;) ?

Anyway, I guess the issue isnt to make an WD for Inferno MP10. I think what people mean is that only one build really is efficient, compared to the other classes which will gear up faster and easier for MP10. Not that I know what an WD is like to play. But maybe thats how people feel.
04/03/2013 07:34 AMPosted by fabbyhunter

you have no issues with mana because you don't use any major damage dealers...rain of toads is not a viable dmg dealer at anything outside of mp2-3

Well, the way mobs are dropping on my screen, Rain of Toads with Eels (416% Damage over 8 seconds) seems to drop most mobs in a timely matter. Maybe not as fast as a godly Bard, but it still makes those legendary items drop over and over :)
you already have more then 300 000 dps with 33 000 elite kills? Its not meant as offense, but be honest here, not all of the items you have are either found or the typical AH trading ;) ?

Anyway, I guess the issue isnt to make an WD for Inferno MP10. I think what people mean is that only one build really is efficient, compared to the other classes which will gear up faster and easier for MP10. Not that I know what an WD is like to play. But maybe thats how people feel.

The only item I purchased using "real money" was my Mempo. The rest was used from months of flipping items.
If I had a primary weapon like that, I could use toad of hugeness and wipe mp10.
lol, thanks, i love this knife.
I assume the dot from rain of toads stacks, correct?

Like it doesn't have to wait until the 2 seconds are up before it starts doing damage from another 'cast' of it right?

Like it doesn't have to wait until the 2 seconds are up before it starts doing damage from another 'cast' of it right?

Yes, I believe that you are correct. Although I am not 100% certain. They will melt white trash mobs down with sufficient DPS. That I can promise. The AoE effect is very nice.

Yes, I believe that you are correct. Although I am not 100% certain. They will melt white trash mobs down with sufficient DPS. That I can promise. The AoE effect is very nice.

rain of toads does stack...the trick is to get the monsters to stand in one place which isn't always easy

I partially agree with this.

The build is successful because of the ultra-high end gear.
You could gear up any class like this and it would work with unconventional builds on MP10.

YOu should stop posting your advice unless you are going to show that you have put enough time in to make your opinion valid. Otherwise posting from starcraft accounts does you no justice in getting your opinion across, it just makes you look like an idiot who doesnt pay the game and has no place to complain