Favourite Video Game As a Kid

Games & Technology
Prev 1 16 17 18
Guantlet - Arcade version. "Warrior needs food – badly!"
Resident Evil 1
Back when I was a kid I remember my parents subscribed me to Nintendo Power magazine and with the 2 year subscription you got Dragon Warrior. I remember playing that game for years and was never able to beat the dragonlord. Now as an adult I have the NES emulator and decided to go back to the game just to see if I could beat that guy. Still as good as when I was a kid. Sigh.... I miss good old consoles RPG, not the crap CGI enhanced absolutely no story that tries to pass for nowadays.

Breath of Fire
Lufia
Dragon Warrior
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy
Zelda
Shadowgate
Crystalis
Legay of the Wizard
Sword and Serpents
Ghost Lion
Back when I was a kid I remember my parents subscribed me to Nintendo Power magazine and with the 2 year subscription you got Dragon Warrior. I remember playing that game for years and was never able to beat the dragonlord. Now as an adult I have the NES emulator and decided to go back to the game just to see if I could beat that guy. Still as good as when I was a kid. Sigh.... I miss good old consoles RPG, not the crap CGI enhanced absolutely no story that tries to pass for nowadays.

Breath of Fire
Lufia
Dragon Warrior
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy
Zelda
Shadowgate
Crystalis
Legay of the Wizard
Sword and Serpents
Ghost Lion

I agree, I miss those games, but whenever I try to play them these days I get tired of the constant random monster battles. I'm sure I thought they were amazing and awesome and loads of fun as a kid, but now I find them tedious.
Mystic Quest (snes)

Say what?

To each their own and all, but this made me scratch my head. You listed FF7 as #1 meaning you know what a non dumbed down FF game is like so seeing Mystic Quest afterwards instead of any other FF is mind boggling.

It was my first RPG ever and as a child I found it quite engaging. It's the one that got me hooked on the genre. HaHa, looking back on it, I know it was terrible but as a kid it was one of my favourites.
Also, it was the first game to ever make me rage quit for a few years (back when I was around 8 yrs old).
Grim Fandango

it's....FOOOOOOOOONNN...DONNNNNNNNG...GOOOoooo

(also, my answer is Landstalker)
Anyone remember OGRE BATTLE :)
Unfortunately video games were still a new thing when I was a kid, though if you're counting teenage years, I got one of the original Game Boys and played the crap out of pokemon.
04/19/2013 04:10 PMPosted by Razorcane
Unfortunately video games were still a new thing when I was a kid, though if you're counting teenage years, I got one of the original Game Boys and played the crap out of pokemon.

Uh... you think pokemon was a "new thing"? I got three words for you: "Hunt the Wumpus"!

-JJ
Baldur's gate / privateer 2. For some reason I remember loving that game.
Hmm...as a kid I guess it has to be one of four...

Doom series (PC) - too many memories to narrow down to a single game ;;
Dragon Warrior 1 (NES) - my gateway drug to RPGs
Dungeon Explorer (TG-16) - funnest mp game between Doom and Goldeneye for me
Tecmo Super Bowl (NES) - BO KNOWS EVERYTHING

I guess all things considered...nothing besides Doom makes sense.

Since I was a "kid" though, I had a chance to experience many other great games, and at this point I'm not sure any of these make it into my top 10. FF3/6j still owns the top spot for sure, but that wasn't until I was older.
Grand Theft Auto 1 (1997)
Final Fantasy VII. Best game ever made to this day.
Doom for SNES, was into PC gaming yet
Wow, I haven't been a kid in so long it is hard to remember.

I guess if I get just one then I would say River Raid on the Atari 2600. I am an old fart so take that as you will.

My all time favorite games are Final Fantasy 7 and Xenogears on the playstation. I also like Dragon Age: Origins for PC, but then I was in my 20s and 30s when those games came out.

Nimrod.
My favorite game, without a doubt, was Final Fantasy 7 on the Playstation 1. I played that thing for hours on end.
Well, I was in my teenage years but I'd have to say Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy III (VI). Those 2 games were the reason I got into RPGs. Still have my SNES and both games too although I use emulators to play them nowadays.

If you want to go back to actual kiddie years then I'd have to go with Ninja Gaiden 2 or Tecmo Super Bowl. Ninja Gaiden because it was such a cool game and was 'Nintendo Hard' but I did master that badboy. Tecmo Super Bowl because it was the go-to game for my friends whenever we couldn't play outside. Later on it became Mario Kart :D