1.08 Patch Notes:

Hardcore
Make me happy in the pants:
Monk:
Mantra of Healing
Now causes party members to regenerate 620 life per second (up from 310)

Templar:
Loyalty
Now regenerates 310 life per second (up from 155)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty excited about picking up 365 Life Per Second for free. 165 on Litany + 245 on Vile will put me at 1340. Winning.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Barb:
Inspiring Presence
Now regenerates 4% of maximum life per second (up from 2%)

Plus this makes barb kinda tempting considering an average barb runs with 60k+. 2400 base HP regen + rend / revenge for spikes? Yessssssss. Makes playing low level HC way more doable for most people. Or at least it should...
Inspiring Presence is such a no-brainer for HC now it's ridiculous. I guess Blizz figured they had to make it this good for it to see any play in SC, but the result is that it's stupidly obvious to use in HC. Fine by me.

By the way, the comment about 60k life is irrelevant. Inspiring Presence regenerates a % of your HP (4% in this case) which means it regenerates 4% of your EHP. EHP is what matters.

If your Barb only runs around with 40k HP, but has tons and tons of armor and resist so that your total EHP is still very high, this ability is equally good. The higher your EHP is, the more EHP this thing generates per second.
People seem to be leaving this out, "Now affects all party members"
Thing is what passive are you giving up to use it? If you have high vit do you give up the armor passive and then does that make 1 shots more likely b/c of less armor were life regen wouldnt help? What passives do you guys run?
By the way, the comment about 60k life is irrelevant. Inspiring Presence regenerates a % of your HP (4% in this case) which means it regenerates 4% of your EHP. EHP is what matters.

Inspiring Presence regenerates a percent of HP, not EHP.

HP = hit points, which is what many people call "life".

EHP = effective hit points, which is really hard to define and totally irrelevant to Inspiring Presence.
04/19/2013 03:13 PMPosted by VeePow

EHP = effective hit points, which is really hard to define and totally irrelevant to Inspiring Presence.

Inspiring Presence does indeed regenerate a percent of your HP, you are correct. However a character's health pool is directly correlated with their EHP, so Inspiring Presence does indeed regenerate 4% (after the patch changes) of your EHP pool every second.

EHP is also not very hard to define, it is your health pool while taking damage mitigation into consideration.
I'm excited about the buff to Vampiric. I always treated that like it was a non-issue. Like it waa an elite with 1 less affix. I'm guessing that they were getting the standard Inferno LS nerf (1/5)? Whatever it was, if they start getting life back at a fast pace now, it could finally be an interesting affix.

I think it was supposed to punish you for being too tanky in much the same way that RD was designed to give glass cannons more difficulty. Hopefully, it has that effect. I never liked that you could just ignore that ability.
04/19/2013 03:13 PMPosted by VeePow

Your EHP is just your HP divided by 1 minus your total damage reduction, it's very easy to define. Building on that, because there's a linear relation between HP and EHP, regenerating a certain % of your HP means you're regenerating the exact same % of your EHP.

04/19/2013 03:05 PMPosted by MasterBaker
People seem to be leaving this out, "Now affects all party members"

This this this. Going to love running with my Barb friend on my Monk now. Extra resists and 4% life per second? Wooooo
Man this is gonna be insane ... Can you imagine barbs that run 200k hp(8000 Life Regen) + 800 AR + 800 Armor with Inspiring Presence, they truly will be disconnect proof on Mp 0-1. I think I'll feel safe when playing solo now haha.