For the love of god help DHs out...this is pathetic

Demon Hunter
08/07/2013 08:44 AMPosted by gmasboy
I was just making a formal statement that alot of dhs get the misconception that paper dps is all they should go for then have to run all over the map wats the point when u cant really use the dmg put it was more pointed to saturn considering the dmg of his/her dh is impressive i just find it fun that alot of players say dhs are weak then i run mine and wreak havoc and watch barbs and monks get squshed its quite fun to me tbh

Punctuation please.

I could put on gloom and face-tank just about everything. As others have said that play-style though effective, could be really boring. I prefer to use my archer as an archer! Just waiting for blizz to wise up and buff some of DH's ranged skills.
Ya i understand efficent and my no toon is as efficent as say a ww barb but u cant really put a term of efficentcy into play considering all the toons are seperate in their own respect i play for fun and to one day get a 2 bil item lol but to say dhs arent efficent i have to disagree and class canons honestly are too easy to build thats y i went the tank route dont get me wrong glass cannons are awesome if they know how to run them but again i rarely see that tbh and ive ran with 400k + dps toons they seem to be missing something to their build :p
Any input is appreciated btw. Its nice too see players still active and know how the game fuctions let me know if you guys ever want to farm
Yes, I understand efficiency, and no toon is as efficent as, say, a ww barb. However, you can't really put a term for efficiency into play considering that all the toons are seperate in their own respect. I play for fun and to one day get a 2 bil item lol, but to say dhs aren't efficient, I have to disagree. Glass canons, honestly, are too easy to build, which is why I went the tank route. Don't get me wrong, Glass Cannons are awesome, if they know how to run them, which I rarely see. I've ran with 400k + dps toons who seem to be missing something to their build :p

What can I say, my wife was copy editor for a newspaper. ;)
On a side note, who else agree's that Impale is just too costly for its output?

Even with reduction gear, its still a Hatred pig.

Hence the Dev's talk regarding SoT dealing much higher damage than that of Impale >_<
I got my impale build ready in the wings. ;)

Hence the Dev's talk regarding SoT dealing much higher damage than that of Impale >_<

08/07/2013 12:20 PMPosted by RedCell
I got my impale build ready in the wings. ;)

I have been trying to slot something in with my 0 Chak build. The problem I have found is that very little hits as hard as the Chakrams, so it doesn't make sense to fire anything else.

As it stands, my typical setup is to drop a Spitfire Turret, then spam Chakrams while intermixing HA->SoT to proc a slow (from my Cold SoJ).

This, combined with a Vault here and there keeps me at range to maintain the Steady Aim bonus.

Now, I'd love to put in another attack into the rotation, but very little hits harder than the 187% dmg from the Chakram.

Impale makes a lot of sense because its a quick, one shot heavy hitter, but it just costs so much.

Traps are an options, but they are slow, and I nearly always find myself tanking when I have traps equipped (hard habits are hard to break)

On a side note, tossing Cluster Grenades into the "blind" spots of Twin Disc Chakram proved to be pretty effective. Alternating between the two skills provided to be devastating on big mobs... but you end up losing single target focus on elites (hence why I was looking at Impale).

It's not just Spray of Teeth.

It's any of the runes because of the bonus arrows. But the best way to take advantage of the bonus arrows is to put massive amounts of arrows on the screen through speed.

One shot wonder still goes to Impale, even with it's poor damage relative to Hatred.

EDIT: Until your Hatred runs out, Impale does do massive damage, but your Hatred is gonna run out lol.
Too much Hatred for Impale... Too much Hatred.. See what I did there? >_<

Anyways.. even if you gear for maximum Impale Cost reduction.. and setup majorly for it.. You can sustain it indefinitely with Manticore, don't even try with Calamity.. it's hard due to your APS.

I used this build..
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#ZkRehg!fUX!YbYcZa

Was able to get Impale-Awareness(since it's the only "AoE" rune you can use for Impale) to be used indefinitely.. however.. without a Marked target, you won't have any other way to deal damage.. hence.. changing one for some Hatred Generator might help :)
i use impale and sot

i agree...it sounds like a fun skill but i cant deal with the cost of using it
Just keep the faith bud.

Take a break from our class every now and then.

Being at the bottom of the barrel isnt all that bad.

At least for the moment, it actually takes some effort to play our class.
Sigh, I'm sick of monks and WDs with less damage than me making me look to be the noob of the party....

Monks are seriously OP now. They were already nasty enough just with thunderclap and cyclone, then you add in some bells.

Then a cheap to maintain attack for the WD that's even more powerful than wave of light. If the DH could maintain rapid fire they'd still be outclassed by cloud of bats. You could spend all your hate on 3 sentries, and 6 echoing blast traps and still be inferior to that practically free to spam BS. Just because it has a short range means nothing. Most of the game is just face-tanking anyway.
The biggest problem with the WD CoB build is that it can be exceedingly frustrating when encountering mobs with Knockback or Vortex. You just never can get wound up to full boil.

For what its worth tho, Die's Stone Cold build delivers some stout damage when you hit a mob with Sentry + Scatter + RoV Dark Cloud + HA SoT.

I had a couple of Monks comment on the damage output on MP8, as I was clearing mobs faster than they could get to them.

The flipside of this is that it has taken a lot of strong gear to make MP 8-10 efficient.
I agree that other classes can farm MP 10 efficiently for much less money than a DH, and that DH ranged skills need some love.

I consider my kite build viable for MP10, although it is much less expensive to accomplish the same or better with another class. I do not agree that SA is not viable for MP 10 or that nighstalker is a must. I have 50 disc and find it enough, The distance for steady aim is less than the diameter of 1 caltrop, not very challenging to keep that distance. And all of my attacks proc my cold SOJ, thus all proc CoW and slow; Making my lowest dps against elites 470 and with SA 550. I find face tanking inside of packs extremely boring. I was soloing A3 earlier with 1 minute or less elite kills, and no deaths after doing core, stonefort, and keeps 1/2. I have around 340 AR 3500 armor 49k hp. Other classes can get much faster elite kills however, with cheaper gear. I really hope blizz buffs abilities that allow for fighting outside of elite packs, It is much more entertaining.