Borderlands 2 is the successor to D2LoD, no?

Games & Technology
After trying Quake way back when, I figured the Diablo series, a non first person shooter was where it's at. Now I'm sure a fps can not only do just as good, but also excel when it comes to loot and exciting gameplay.

PoE and TL2 have their pros and cons in comparison to D3, but from my present gaming experience none of them beats B2 game and loot wise with it's ultimate exciting gameplay experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y0PXDvaD_zQ

In my view, the D2LoD experience has been passed onto the Borderlands series and not to D3 or the PoE/TL2 games.
I'd really like to try Borderlands 2. Unfortunately, first person shooters give me serious motion sickness, with migraines, nausea, and the whole nine yards.

I wish devs of FPS games would add a third person POV option.
I'd really like to try Borderlands 2. Unfortunately, first person shooters give me serious motion sickness, with migraines, nausea, and the whole nine yards.

I assume you've tried messing with the first person FOV option? Some people need a specific FOV in first person or they suffer those same symptoms. It's why you hear some reviewers complain about narrow FOV range in fps games. Even in third person shooter people can have those same symptoms though it's not nearly as noticeable overall.

If that's not the issue then damn, that really sucks.

I assume you've tried messing with the first person FOV option? Some people need a specific FOV in first person or they suffer those same symptoms. It's why you hear some reviewers complain about narrow FOV range in fps games. Even in third person shooter people can have those same symptoms though it's not nearly as noticeable overall.

If that's not the issue then damn, that really sucks.

Yeah, I've tried. It's the close movement that does it for me, over smooth or rough terrain, wide or narrow FOV, it doesn't matter. I need the camera zoomed out. Even in third person games, the camera has to be a good distance out--which I discovered when I played Witcher 2, with its close, over the shoulder POV instead of the zoomable camera that was in Witcher 1. A great game that gave me migraines.

I've heard that dramimine helps, but I don't want to drug myself in order to play :P
I think motion sickness with fps has different levels of sensitivity, much like allergies. My friend has that problem with fps and she can manage her movements so it doesn't effect her much. She does have to close her eyes when we use a vehicle together in multiplayer and I'm driving. Then again I've met RL drivers that make me want to close my eyes when they are driving me somewhere. lol
Goodness Bird. So you can only play fixed view games (Diablo) or ones with a camera that's zoomed far out? Do you wear glasses/contacts? I don't have any real issues with games but I discovered that if I watch TV/play games in HD while wearing my glasses my eyes start to feel like they're bugging out. Not a big deal since I only need them for reading things far away and don't even wear them all the time.

Also, since we're so off topic, I'll give my 2c on the actual topic.

I don't really see BL2 as a successor to LoD. Maybe because it's different genres. Though I have to admit it has many of the same great aspects that LoD had. A good loot hunt, fast/fun gameplay, memorable characters, and a !@#$%in' soundtrack that fit the area/mood.

Favorite track in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm0R3b6ewvY
I don't think BL2 is a successor to D2LoD... one's an FPS the other is an iso RPG. zz... completely different.

if you're wearing lenses maybe the weight of the glasses and the angular placement and the amount of information perceived causes the migraine Bird? Sounds sucky unable to experience other games at different perspectives without getting migraines and headaches :(
04/28/2013 01:17 AMPosted by Ringo
Goodness Bird. So you can only play fixed view games (Diablo) or ones with a camera that's zoomed far out? Do you wear glasses/contacts? I don't have any real issues with games but I discovered that if I watch TV/play games in HD while wearing my glasses my eyes start to feel like they're bugging out. Not a big deal since I only need them for reading things far away and don't even wear them all the time.

I don't think BL2 is a successor to D2LoD... one's an FPS the other is an iso RPG. zz... completely different.

if you're wearing lenses maybe the weight of the glasses and the angular placement and the amount of information perceived causes the migraine Bird? Sounds sucky unable to experience other games at different perspectives without getting migraines and headaches :(

I do wear glasses, so maybe that has something to do with it--though I have on occasion become seasick in cars, especially if I'm not driving. So, who knows. Unfortunately, contacts don't work for me, so it's something I'll have to live with.

And yeah, it's pretty sucky missing out on great games. I only managed to get through ten, fifteen minutes of Portal before I had to stop--so I never did discover that the cake was a lie.

Anyway, back on topic, if Borderlands ever included a third person POV option, I'd be all over it like white on rice.
Borderlands 2 is fun and a great loot hunt, but its not really anything like D2 or any action rpg. Still a blast though.