Upcoming Hotfix – EXP from Pets in The Scorched Chapel

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next
Please Blizz. Just don't forget to fix drop possibility in The Scorched Chapel. It's pathetic.
Doing most anything in the game could be deemed repetitive -- penalize people for what? A good laugh when stuff is reported but Blizzard doesn't take action. Taking no action means Blizzard accepts it is ok; so go ahead and keep doing what you are doing.

Blizzard should remove things people to do repetitive. People used to gold farm by simply breaking royal crypt vases -- removed. Chest farming -- removed. Goblin farming -- removed.

Remember looking for pony level pieces? Have you ever looked for specific unique, rare, champion monsters time and time again -- achievements? Hundreds if not thousands of games later. Key runs? Organ runs? Or just killing specific elites or bosses? Perhaps penalize people for not killing elites to get to p100.

Back in D2, the buffer overflow bug lasted 18months before Blizzard decided to fix it. A third party hack to protect against it was released within 30 days.

Three Stooges - Slowly i Turn Slowly I turn, step by step
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yJBhzMWJCc
what are you waiting for blizz ???
04/28/2013 04:10 AMPosted by Anuhart
You did the same with the other missed bugs/exploits, insisting that they were not missed/ignored, but being worked on and coincidentally fixed when they went viral.

Thank you for opening up my eyes. Blizz does not care at all. Also it is super easy to fix all bugs/exploits. Heck even I could go in with the zero knowledge of programming and fix all bugs in 2 seconds of starting may day at Blizz, right. Where Blizz could fix them in .00000001 seconds after they are reported if they wanted to. It is impossible for it to happen any other way. All bugs are created equal and are super easy to fix.

Oh and by the way all other companies are the same. If they do not fix the bug within seconds of being reported then they do not care about their game at all either.

04/28/2013 04:10 AMPosted by Anuhart
That's, funny, it really is.... but for the small factor that they actually said in this case that they did NOT know about the bug, that it WAS reported and that they FAILED TO ACT ON the reports.

Again I do not know what it takes for them to start acting on a report. I do not know what theier bug team does with the reports. Also you have other players reporting other bugs as well. So it might even be a priority system, or it could be anything at all. It could even go on the number of players that report the bug. If it does not effect enough players. Then Blizz (bug team) might not think it is important. Take 1,000+ players reporting bugs A, B, C. Where as 10 are reporting on bug X. So they might say hey let's take care of A, B, C and handle X later when we have handled the first three.

I'll tell you what why not let's give the following a shot. Where every time Blizz says so much as Hi to us and gives us some info. Then we can come in and tear them apart all of the time. Like basically what you see below.

Blizz Hi, we wanted to give the heroes of Sanctuary this following piece of news on D3.

Forums: WTF are you doing saying Hi to us. WTF are you doing giving us this information.

Let's see just how long that Blizz will tolerate that before they go into a cave as far as giving us any information. I am speaking from a standpoint of how I am in real life and no doubt how others are in real life. I know that I could not tolerate half of what has went on in the forums. Some of the players would've been in jail on charges of threatening Blizz employees at the very least. Along with possibly a perma ban as well.

Look as long as what we post is constructive even though it maybe negative it is still feedback and appreciated. They can use that in some way. But all of this destructive posting does not help us, Blizz or the game. If we can collectively stop that then things will change for the better.

But I am beginning to see that the players here do not want the game to become game of the year at all. They just want it to die, because it was not a perfect clone of D2:LOD with prettier graphics and a new story.
but I dont understand how it falls under Hacks category.
As you said it yourself, dev team knew about it, released it live and I bet many ppl already exploited game mechanic, that was implemented in the client via official patch. Penalizing players for that is very weird move..

I agree, if they deliberately release something into the game, knowing full well what it means, how is it then considered a hack when people use it?
Seeing as we're just repeating the incompetence of D2 (items from bone walls) what's the timeline for occy rings, ith weapons, and crossrealm character copying?
04/28/2013 02:18 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
You did the same with the other missed bugs/exploits, insisting that they were not missed/ignored, but being worked on and coincidentally fixed when they went viral.

Thank you for opening up my eyes. Blizz does not care at all. Also it is super easy to fix all bugs/exploits. Heck even I could go in with the zero knowledge of programming and fix all bugs in 2 seconds of starting may day at Blizz, right. Where Blizz could fix them in .00000001 seconds after they are reported if they wanted to. It is impossible for it to happen any other way. All bugs are created equal and are super easy to fix.

<SNIP etc etc etc...>

+1 Agreed. I've gotten frustrated at Blizz from time to time, but its usually as a result of the entire service having issues, not sooky little things like this.

Being a customer of Blizz gives us a right to give constructive feedback and influence the game we love, not act like whiny little bi@tches. Unfortunately, forums like this enable the keyboard warriors and programming experts.

Put your hand up if you have been part of a team that has developed a multi-billion dollar game/application that it utilised by millions of users every day? For those of you who have and know what you are talking about...carry on...for the rest of you, get off your high horses and GTFO.

Blizz would have to go through problem identification, root causes analysis, solution identification, solution development, multi levels of testing, change management, release management, and all the stuff around it like documentation, communication, etc. If ANY of this goes wrong, we see what happened a few weeks ago where we had an outage every day.

Yet you all want it done faster...and can't understand why its taking so long.

Blizz needs a new catch-cry: "Damned if you do, damned if you don't".
[quote="87273082191"]multi-billion dollar game/application

Hahaha. Source???

Anyway, the reason people are upset is because this was reported in PTR, where bugs are supposed to be noticed - reported - fixed. Then it was released. Then it was reported. And again. And again. etc etc, and then it got out of hand.

I'm quite confused as to how blizzard is looking at penalizing players. I see it kind of as Blizz started a ball game without a left outfielder and a bunch of hitters just kept hitting the ball to left field. I also didn't really think it would be considered an "exploit" considering you are killing enemies and they are programmed in the game to give xp. but alas, here we are.

I'm quite confused as to how blizzard is looking at penalizing players.

This will obviously not happen. It hasn't happened historically and it won't happen now. The fact that it was mentioned in this post is really just a joke.

And to those who still think it will happen - wow you have a lot to learn about this company and life in general.
maybe they will search all wd that reached lvl 100 in a short time and ban the account? but then again thats too much effort
Isn`t it pathetic??? After 3 month since reported about exploit You gonna fix it only now??? Also don`t need to make a patch to remove this bug? Are You kinding? That`s how You listen to Your customers? AMAZING !!!! The farther we go,then worst it becomes(i`m talking about blizz).
04/28/2013 11:14 PMPosted by Thinh
maybe they will search all wd that reached lvl 100 in a short time and ban the account? but then again thats too much effort

Why ban poeple ? Because Blizzard didn`t solved this issue 3 month ago? Ar you nuts? Blizzard reciever first report on forums at 25,january !
04/28/2013 02:18 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
Thank you for opening up my eyes.

Most of your arguments are paradoxical. When people talk about a reasonable range, you talk about the extreme case. Do you even notice?
I think it's totally fair to suggest players to try and respect the game and not abuse an exploit but to ban people for a mistake on your end is totally not acceptable especially with this current exploit. You guys programed it into the game and therefore it is your responsibility to remove it as soon as possible. To punish people because of a mistake on your end is totally not fair. I don't care if they screw up the economy, or break/abuse the game, I could live with that but to put up with a company that would punish others for something that they admit was their fault is just laughable.

But I guess we play by your rules, no? You guys dictate how we should play the game and how we should have fun and determine for us what is "fun". Let me enlighten you guys for a bit, what your team considers fun isn't fun, the current state of the game is the furthest definition of fun so might I suggest that at this very moment you guys should refrain from telling people how they should enjoy the content that they spent their money on.
04/26/2013 01:33 PMPosted by Lylirra
This issue was originally reported on our forums during 1.0.7 PTR testing; however, we unfortunately missed the reports before patch 1.0.7 was released, and as a result the bug went live. That was our error, so we'd like to give a big thank you not only to the players who reported the bug initially by posting, but also to those who helped bring it to our attention by contacting our Hacks team

This is really really bad Blizzard...
04/29/2013 12:06 AMPosted by FrozenSoul
Thank you for opening up my eyes.

Most of your arguments are paradoxical. When people talk about a reasonable range, you talk about the extreme case. Do you even notice?

I am using extremes to show a point. I make those wild stories to show how silly it would be to believe whatever I am replying to is. Saying one thing is impossible and that bugs are super easy to fix. Which they would have to be if Blizz did not care about their game at all. Where they would not be doing a thing, which would be true if they did not care. Why bother fixing a bug if you do not care. Then how could you fix bugs quickly after the bug becoming viral on the forums if they were not super easy to fix.

Also if the above were true, then why wouldn't it be true for all game companies that do not instantly fix bugs as well. I know that there have been some games that have had a bug that was at launched that took year or more to fix. Due to the complexity of the bug. Just look at the waller affix bug for example. It is hard for Blizz to reproduce the bug, which is an important step. Because without being able to reproduce it they could not possibly find out where it is at in the code.