Gold cap and BoA Gear are now necessary.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 25 Next
Close both auction houses, open trade lobbies, rooms for each slot of gear, rings, ammys, helms, weps, etc. And increase bot banning!
05/07/2013 05:09 PMPosted by Drothvader
You do know about the gold dupe, right?

Yes, I do...

Regardless of whether it's duped, or found in game... It would have led to the eventual collapse of the market anyway.

In my mind, the market crashed the day items were intrinsically valued above 2b gold.

No it wont cos items are being churned out each day by players (and bots). Many high lvl items have actually been falling in value (in gold terms, not $$$ terms) due to over saturation of good items, of course the absolute best/perfect items have become more expensive but this is normal for a game like this.
I vote to completely restart.

Ladder reset this entire freaking game.

Whoever used RMAH, sucks for you , deal with it. your problem not mine.
no need to type up paragraphs on how to fix this there is only 1 simple fix

a non-AH mode!!!!! (self-found only) just like in D2, you can obviously trade but it would have to be done privately
05/07/2013 05:14 PMPosted by TasteDeath
No it wont cos items are being churned out each day by players (and bots). Many high lvl items have actually been falling in value (in gold terms, not $$$ terms) due to over saturation of good items, of course the absolute best/perfect items have become more expensive but this is normal for a game like this.

You realize we basically said the same thing?

I'm also speaking strictly of gold, not real money.

Whoever used RMAH, sucks for you , deal with it. your problem not mine.

I used rmah and I'll sign onto that. Reset this mother!@#$er please.
BoA or BoC (character) were such a no-brainer it astounds me they still haven't made more. Of course, they need to do a lot of other things, as well. Main stats (str, dex, int) should be linear increases, not percentages. Critical hit damage is way out of hand, and attack speed/critical chance should be ratings like armor/resist. But otherwise, yes, a gold cap is needed. Just don't make it like the old 255 bug from the 8-bit era games. That never went well.

You meant, in WoW, gold cap fought inflation?

Secondly, not everyone is nerd enough to play WoW as well not to mention assuming WoW is a source of authority of any sort.

He posted his idea of how to better manage the economy in this game. I don't see you posting anything. I also don't see blizzards current way of succeeding.

Go troll somewhere else!
05/07/2013 04:57 PMPosted by Drothvader
TL:DR If you have an Auction House, you must have a gold cap and the uppermost top tier of items MUST be BoA.

Think Drothvader. Think.
BOA is not the solution. That devalues gold even further. And makes the AH even more attractive. Cause crafting BoA is like craft 1000 BOA and you might get a good one, you might not.

The solution is to be able to enhance your items. Enchant them or whatever. And have the cost in gold + farmed items. Then no matter how good the items are, you always want to enchant them. And just make the enchanted items become BOA and done.
Blizz should just finaly wake up and remove the AHs from the game entirely and give us back d2 values (runes etc), which was MUCH more stable then gold was in d3 so far... Let us trade item for item again... or item for another drop... so flipping gets impossible again and stuff like what happened today can't even happen!
give me a boa option to getting a gg weapon, then we're golden.

Yes! A thousand times Yes!
just take the game offline so that people have their own gear and does not affect others. battle.net should just be used for competitive play. but if people want to play with friends, let them do so on their private networks. then you don't have to worry anymore about the auction house issues, nerfs, etc. blizzard's biggest problem is forcing people to be online with the game and depending on an economy that's intertwined with everyone else, whether we want to or not. d1/d2 were fine because you didn't have to worry about that. but if you wanted to participate in a larger online community, then you had battle.net to support you. don't give me the DRM excuse either; that's your own poison pill that you administer to yourselves, Blizzard.
no need to type up paragraphs on how to fix this there is only 1 simple fix

a non-AH mode!!!!! (self-found only) just like in D2, you can obviously trade but it would have to be done privately

What D2 did you play? D2 had d2jsp, and legit trading was a non-existent. D2 got a lot of things wrong, and Blizz actually fixed a lot of it in WoW (bound gear, AH, crafting) that D3 should have learned from, but didn't. The more they made it like D2, the worse it got.
05/07/2013 05:16 PMPosted by Drothvader

You realize we basically said the same thing?

I'm also speaking strictly of gold, not real money.

We are not saying the same thing. The auction house isnt going to collapse just because perfect items are going for 20 billion on jsp or whatever, 99% of the player base can get upgrades from the GAH, in fact its never been easier to do this, why would the GAH collapse? Its serving its purpose.
Think Drothvader. Think.
BOA is not the solution. That devalues gold even further. And makes the AH even more attractive. Cause crafting BoA is like craft 1000 BOA and you might get a good one, you might not.

I'm not talking about more craftable BoA gear. I'm talking about BoA gear that you can FIND while playing the game.

A gold cap will also help maintain some semblance of value to gold. With a cap, once it dips to a certain amount (IE the cap) it cannot dip any more. A cap is a means of stability, not a hinderance.

The solution is to be able to enhance your items. Enchant them or whatever. And have the cost in gold + farmed items. Then no matter how good the items are, you always want to enchant them. And just make the enchanted items become BOA and done.

Either way you look at it, BoA will save the game. It doesn't matter what method players use to acquire these items. As long as players are actually playing the game to get what they want, the game will succeed.
05/07/2013 05:19 PMPosted by Cacophony
What D2 did you play? D2 had d2jsp, and legit trading was a non-existent. D2 got a lot of things wrong, and Blizz actually fixed a lot of it in WoW (bound gear, AH, crafting) that D3 should have learned from, but didn't. The more they made it like D2, the worse it got.

This is in essence exactly what I'm trying to say. =/

The AH works in WoW because it's used mostly for commodities and rare BoE's. It doesn't matter if a very small percentage of players are at the cap, because it isn't needed to play and enjoy the game.

Everything can be farmed in game, the auction house just helps people save time.

Last I checked, WoW gold wasn't worthless.

Gold enters the system, then gold is deleted through many different sinks. It only inflates slightly with each expansion and that's mostly Blizzard's doing.