Patch 1.08 for Aus/NZ players

Aus/NZ General Discussion
Hi all,
With the 1.08 patch now live as of early this morning for Aus/NZ players, we want to hear you feedback on the patch changes. How are you finding the new mob density increase? Are you using the game tag system and other updates such as the crafting improvements?
Any and all feedback helps!
Mate, I would love to play but there is alot of conjecture about a possible rollback to a pre patch point because of the ah bug this morning, can you give us an update, ive stopped playing.....obviously for the fear I may find that once in a lifetime item just to lose it again :(
Is there a rollback happening? i am seeing alot of banned people on twitch and everybody else has like 100 billion duped gold there has to be a rollback... nobody cares about the new crafting or any of the new bonuses... we need information about the fact that today diablo 3 died..
1.0.8 made the forums more entertaining than the game.
I did a quick Act1 MP1 run with my SC DH just to test out and for the 1st time I was thankful nothing god-like or any legs dropped in case it got rolled back and I'd lose it again.

Liking the Book of Cain identify all, salvage rare without "are you sure" prompt.

Mob density in Fields of Misery was pretty good. No increase in Elites, just heaps of white trash (thankfully not too many more charging bulls).

Still pissed at KW nerfs, he was the easiest part of the entire short run, had more trouble with a multiple white trash battle with bulls, trees and leapers. :(

Social changes seem good, like the fact my friend list has been cleaned up of all the "recent" players from 9 months ago.
Didn't play multi-player but the 'player X has engaged enemy Y' chat messages look good. Shame the colouring of the uniques message couldn't be purple instead of that beige.
Friggin badass patch finally people would be shouting your praise right now if you didn't screw up the ah and the avatar was wearing other toons armour
Any update about local Oceania servers?
I'm reluctant to log in and play or trade due a possible rollback, too. The sooner Blizzard address this the sooner things can get back to normal.
Is any one else having problems with how long items appear on the ground?I always play with the option of pressing Alt Key makes them appear for 10 secs, but with the new patch i cant change the setting. Its annoying having to keep hitting alt or having to hold it down.
Fix the gold exploit and then we can talk.
05/07/2013 08:47 PMPosted by Hypersonic
Fix the gold exploit and then we can talk.

Among other things....
05/07/2013 08:31 PMPosted by udller
Is any one else having problems with how long items appear on the ground?I always play with the option of pressing Alt Key makes them appear for 10 secs, but with the new patch i cant change the setting. Its annoying having to keep hitting alt or having to hold it down.

Yes, none of the 3 options appeared to work. Display seemed to be random, some items remained visible, some required ALT press (and hold) to show up.
Love using the yellow pages for the ID all feature , the density is great when i ran act 2 oasis.. heaps of large serpent-man mobs.
The stacking exp is a bit over-kill in MP10 i easily have 1084% exp bonus? this is without my hellfire ring...
The upside is for players who struggle with leveling this is going to make it so easy for them to level, downside is the players who worked so hard leveling won't be please when they are no longer the high and mighty which separates them from the lower geared players. Also the value of exp % bonus gear (leorics ring etc) will certainly drop whats 20-30% exp bonus when you can easily have 1000% plus now without the gear.

So far so good , I'm not asking for a nerf just putting it out first before all the haters start complaining about it.
Lylirra just started a thread with an update on the exploit after the latest patch. You can find the thread here. Will also try and replicate the Alt key issue later on. How is the latency in general after this patch?
Latency is about the same 215-230 for me, but the game does 'feel' faster and more responsive. I dunno it's weird, maybe its just me.

Other than that I.D. all and mob density changes are great and the ability to craft out of your stash is superb.
I heard from one of my friend he already got email from Blizz on the rollback will happen for sure. I'll wait for the maintenance and then resume to check out the new changes.

If changes are crap then I guess just play or do something else.

League of legends is good. Proper team work involved. Don't think you can make money, but certainly more fun.
05/07/2013 09:37 PMPosted by Arcagnion
Lylirra just started a thread with an update on the exploit after the latest patch. You can find the thread [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8770118014"]here[/url]. Will also try and replicate the Alt key issue later on. How is the latency in general after this patch?

Lylirra also posted about the ALT key issue (lost in the storm of gold dupe bug posts:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8770197799

I only had a brief session at lunchtime but latency was normal (210-250 with the expected "patch-day" spikes). Certainly not any worse, despite the increased processing load to handle the mobs.
My CPU and GPU did get a little hotter than normal for Act 1 (I run every graphical setting maxed in fullscreen windowed mode).
Latency was certainly better on my end, i never had 174-179 ms before was usually in the 185-200ms zone
Patch was good for me

like the new icons for e's and goblins.

had nothing drop apart from a few plans.

latency was good.

reading up on all this gold dupe and stuff - seems like its made the game totally unfair for us low geared players that play when they can and don't have a lot of gold and that.
I'm not overly impressed with the 1.08 patch, seeing as it's only Inferno that's affected, how about doing something for the rest of the boring difficulties seeing as we HAVE to do them to get to Inferno. Or just get rid of Normal, Nightmare and Hell, start everyone on level 60 and Inferno, as that's the only level that seems to be worth doing any way.